Marcus Smart Officially | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Smart Officially

Only one race had been slaves? Thanks for the history lesson, I had been taught otherwise. Only horrific to "a race." I'll have to text that to myself.
You are welcome... Glad you got a good laugh.

You are welcome... Glad you got a good laugh.

Laugh? Certainly cannot be interpreted as humor. As far as the horrors of slavery, as you put it, that oneword must encompass it so well. Although I have a collection of cd's and iPod downloads with music that suggests otherwise.

Edit: at this point I'm not sure where we are going with this. All I can say is hurtful speech still doesn't gives person the right to commit an act of violence. "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." I get the idea of your original post. Sorry for overreacting to it.

Laugh? Certainly cannot be interpreted as humor. As far as the horrors of slavery, as you put it, that oneword must encompass it so well. Although I have a collection of cd's and iPod downloads with music that suggests otherwise.

That's good that you have a lot of good music on your IPod...anything you could recommend??

That's good that you have a lot of good music on your IPod...anything you could recommend??

Eh, I'm stuck in the 90's when it comes to rap. A lot of Wu-Tang, Pac, and Biggie. Don't sleep on Mobb Deep, though!

Eh, I'm stuck in the 90's when it comes to rap. A lot of Wu-Tang, Pac, and Biggie. Don't sleep on Mobb Deep, though!
Good stuff, I've been in more of a Dipset kind of mode lately...Go Cuse beat that other fake Orange wearing team tomorrow.

Mobb Deep streets raised me and quiet storm...two of the best

Same TTech fan in this Youtube video acting like an idiot (last few secs)

Hey, anyone who's dedicated this much time and money to following TTech basketball has to be imbalanced. He must be wondering after all these years, where's the payoff? Jeez I pissed away a small fortune.

I'm fine with Smart lightly shoving the tired old man. Smart's reaction is completely justifiable in my opinion, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Ron Artest who is still making millions in the NBA, so his future there will be fine.

I'm fine with Smart lightly shoving the tired old man. Smart's reaction is completely justifiable in my opinion, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Ron Artest who is still making millions in the NBA, so his future there will be fine.
Agreed. The fan has a right to be a jackass and Smart has the right to react. He's hopefully only getting supended 1 or 2 games and then everyone can calm the down.

I'd say that word is immortalized because slavery was pretty horrific to a race of people.
An oddly difficult concept to comprehend.

And if you don't shut a bully up the names won't stop. I'd prefer them to stop and would stand up for myself.

Thats all fine and good for you in your personal life...but Smart is only hurting himself by doing this. He isn't proving anything to anyone other than he can have his buttons pushed and taken out of his game. In fact what is not even being discussed was that it was only a ONE possession game when did this!!!!!

Shoot, Id call him anything necessary if I were his opponent and I knew it would take the team's best player out of his game.

thousands of professional and college players have all kinds of crap said to them and dont react like this. Who are you going to target if you are a GM? the guy that acts like this or the guys who dont?

Problem for Smart is that the only people that matter regarding his future wont agree with you.

Uh, not that but he has what the NBA calls CCs. Character Concerns.
Seriously, not to be a smart-ass, but doesn't Okla St attract a lot of "character concerns"?
Perhaps the Dez Bryant in FB is just recent enough to cloud my memory.

Same TTech fan in this Youtube video acting like an idiot (last few secs)

i dont get why people are posting this. he gave him the .U. sign and wagged his tongue a bit. outside of being gross - thats not bad and gives Smart no reason to shove him years later.

K. We'll agree to disagree. Just don't be sad-face when I bump this on draft day. It'll all be in good fun.

well... by the sounds of it, he said something racist - which IMHO is option #1 - which negates the 2nd round.

:D

One former GM quoted in the ESPN article:

A former NBA general manager who is currently a scout said Saturday's incident shouldn't affect Smart's draft status, should he declare for the NBA draft, since he will have time to talk about it during the interview process this spring. The former GM said Smart's character hadn't been called into question in the past.

Teams will still draft his talents. Don't think this affects him at all.

at this point ive heard 2 completely different sides "according to smart"

1 was he said the n word 1 was go back to africa

guy says he said mean things but not racist and not n bomb

leads me to believe both are in panic mode and trying to make revisionist history. just my 2 cents.