Marek Dolezaj | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

I think everyone would support Frank if he comes back with an improved game (and other things) and plays productive minutes. I just think that no matter how good he is doing in practice and workouts that people are going to be skeptical until we see it in games. There were lots of glowing reports about him last summer and leading up to the season. We are also after Thorpe so there is that.

There was also a "telephone game" progression on this forum of how he was playing last summer, that greatly overstated how he was performing. Started out with some observations in an unstructured scrimmage, somebody tacked the word "dominated" onto it, then it became accepted as "fact" when it was largely untrue.

Your opinion. Imo, there is no way HW is playing more minutes than FH next season, unless FH breaks his leg or is charged with a felony. We'll have to let it play out but I am as confident in my position as you and others are in yours. Just hoping that when he's starting/playing significant minutes in fall the anti-FH fervor will subside and the crowd will support him. I really hope for that.

When has the crowd not supported him? Don't think I ever saw that.

The only person who hasn't supported Frank Howard... is Frank Howard.
Frank's body language last year was atrocious. Both on court, and on the bench.
The starting PG job was his to lose last season - and he lost it.

Frank has 2 years experience and a size and strength advantage over HW.
But in JB's world, the best players play.
Nobody expected TT to get much run last year, but he earned it w/ his play.
(well, on offense anyway)
If the team performs better overall with somebody other than Frankie at PG, then JB will eventually figger that out, and roll with it.

He's much better than that. See where he is after the AAU season.

3 star at 150 and he just recently dropped 5 spots so he was at 145. Along with

Swider -5/143
Shittu -1/7
Hubb -1/38
Jones -1/47
Bazley -2/55
Carey -1/82
Wilson -2/89
Ayala -4/ 106

Swider -5/143
Shittu -1/7
Hubb -1/38
Jones -1/47
Bazley -2/55
Carey -1/82
Wilson -2/89
Ayala -4/ 106

I'm confused we offered 4 guys on that list and are involved with 2 others.

I've seen every single one of those names on here before..

Go to the second page of this recruiting forum and you find a thread for Jeeniathon Williams as well.

Swider -5/143
Shittu -1/7
Hubb -1/38
Jones -1/47
Bazley -2/55
Carey -1/82
Wilson -2/89
Ayala -4/ 106
I'm just confused on this post. Are you trying to say that players we are involved with always drop? But as others stated Williams and Swider are a lot better then their ranking shows and post AAU rankings will show that as well.

I think everyone believes we have missed on Tucker at this point including the staff. As far as Dolezaj remember he's mostly a mystery. Not much footage or information on his actual game. After this visit I'm sure the staff has a very good idea of what he is capable of while we as fans really don't. Those that reported said the visit went very well, i'll take that as a positive sign.
This (Tucker) might be one of those exceptions where the longer a recruit takes, the better. Tucker survived the G-T visit with no announcement, and I'm hoping he takes a week or so to get the Duke ferry-dust out of his system. Great program, but if he takes enough time to think clearly, he might realize that he won't get the reps at Duke that he would at SU given our current needs.

I'm just confused on this post. Are you trying to say that players we are involved with always drop? But as others stated Williams and Swider are a lot better then their ranking shows and post AAU rankings will show that as well.

No I was just showing people the rankings now and if they have dropped or not. I would have posted if they have went up also. I'm just not used to everybody looking at rankings. Where I come from I am the only kid that even knows about recruiting and follows it for any sport or any team.

No I was just showing people the rankings now and if they have dropped or not. I would have posted if they have went up also. I'm just not used to everybody looking at rankings. Where I come from I am the only kid that even knows about recruiting and follows it for any sport or any team.
Same for me. The closest D1 school to me is Marist and they're easily one of the worst division one basketball teams in the country.

Same for me. The closest D1 school to me is Marist and they're easily one of the worst division one basketball teams in the country.

The nearest D1 school to me just went to the final 4 but for some reason I have stuck with cuse for as long as I can remember..

I understand why people have their doubts. But Frank very well could improve. I think he will, and I think JB believes so too. Didn't people say these same things about Lazarus Sims and Allen Griffin before their senior years?

Z and Griff were great stories. No doubt. But the comparison is (bad) apple to (great) Oranges.

I really do hope FH becomes a great contributor. JB has shown him a ton of rope and obviously believes he can get it together.

Z and Griff were great stories. No doubt. But the comparison is (bad) apple to (great) Oranges.

I really do hope FH becomes a great contributor. JB has shown him a ton of rope and obviously believes he can get it together.
Hope that isn't simply because he has no one else. Not sure Hop was a strong supporter of FH

No real Syracuse fan would openly want an SU player to fail just to stroke their own ego.

Believe what you want about FH. Some people thought he'd be gone, for good reason. Circumstances changed. He will be back. I do hope he plays well next season and his attitude on the court changes. His body language sucked for most of the season. That can't be disputed. Anyone who watched the games saw it. I think Gillon was bummed about playing in the NIT and his performance suffered. FH played better.

So...Dolezaj. I hope he's close to 200 lbs. Sign me up for that. Thread is back on track.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom