Marek Dolezaj | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

I know his visit supposedly went really well and everything is looking good etc but did we officially offer marek? I haven't seen anything about it like was just posted about elijah hughes getting offered.

Man, how amazing would it be if this kid could be another AK-47? Hell, I'll settle for him being a PPSh at this point...:)

Last edited:
I know his visit supposedly went really well and everything is looking good etc but did we officially offer marek? I haven't seen anything about it like was just posted about elijah hughes getting offered.
Staff must have liked Hughes better. Or the academic stuff could have been a concern.

No idea but interesting for sure.

Not sure if this has been brought up but if he comes here how does that impact things with Swider?

He'd be looking at a roster with Thompson at times, Brissett, Moyer, Marek all who play forward with Moyer and Brissett probably playing the lion's share of minutes there this year. I figure Hughes will probably spend most of his time on the top of the zone and Sidibe in the middle but those are two other guys who maybe find a few minutes here and there on the wing.

Not sure if this has been brought up but if he comes here how does that impact things with Swider?

He'd be looking at a roster with Thompson at times, Brissett, Moyer, Marek all who play forward with Moyer and Brissett probably playing the lion's share of minutes there this year. I figure Hughes will probably spend most of his time on the top of the zone and Sidibe in the middle but those are two other guys who maybe find a few minutes here and there on the wing.

Swider is listed as a guard. He's like a guard forward though in my mind. He is a better shooter and handler than any of those front court players you listed.

Swider is listed as a guard. He's like a guard forward though in my mind. He is a better shooter and handler than any of those front court players you listed.

I agree he's head and shoulders above the others from a perimeter shooting perspective but I think he's much more of a 3 than a 2. I think we're at our best when our two guards can both lead the break in transition or slide on and off the primary ball handling duties. I don't know if he would be able to spell time as a primary ball handler - then again I don't know much about Hughes and if he'd be able to do that either or how he is in that area.

Guys it's all good...kids gunna be better then Tucker (I have to say that now) and will be like the next dirk! We got this! (I hope)
We could be OK with him, and Howard Washington may turn out to be OK, too. But it seems we're no longer lions at the watering hole. Does that make us "Mesopredators," which are the raccoons, coyotes, skunks, snakes, cats and foxes of the basketball food chain?

If this guy commits, I've got his nickname

Marek D and J.

I realize the player is a foreigner but this is the quietest, most mysterious recruit/ recruitment in recent memory. Nothing out there at all, other than rumors that his visit went very well and the staff loves him. No one really knows much about him, his timetable or what he's looking for. We have a good shot to land him. Hopefully at that point, we will learn more.

Last edited:
I realize the player is a foreigner but this is the quietest, most mysterious recruit/ recruitment in recent memory. Noting out there at all, other than rumors that his visit went very well and the staff loves him. No one really knows much about him, his timetable or what he's looking for. We have a good shot to land him. Hopefully at that point, we will learn more.

In spite of this, we have 15 pages of speculation. It's been a trying 2017 recruiting season for many Orange enthusiasts.

I realize the player is a foreigner but this is the quietest, most mysterious recruit/ recruitment in recent memory. Nothing out there at all, other than rumors that his visit went very well and the staff loves him. No one really knows much about him, his timetable or what he's looking for. We have a good shot to land him. Hopefully at that point, we will learn more.
What makes me very curious is he came all the way from Slovakia on his own dime and only visited Cuse. Read Indiana, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and maybe others have interest in him but yet only one school visit. Why?

What about last summer's mystery recruit?

No doubt it's been very low key, but his name is out there with other P5s. Vanderbilt went to Slovakia to watch him play.

What about last summer's mystery recruit?

Yeah. That really wasn't that much of a mystery. It was just that we didn't know for sure he was going to even leave his current school and he didn't. (Tyler Cavanaugh at GW) The staff wasn't permitted to contact him until he declared his transfer intentions. That would've been tampering.

No doubt it's been very low key, but his name is out there with other P5s. Vanderbilt went to Slovakia to watch him play.

Sure, we know that but Google his name and not much comes up. Guess we can attribute it to him being Slovakian but now that he's looking to go to a US college, I'd expect a little more out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom