Marek Dolezaj | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Top ten highlights and he's pretty much in all of them. Looks to have a good handle and goes the length of the court for a nice dunk on one of them.
Thanks for posting all of those. Love how the Euros pass the ball and move without the ball. I'm sick of these silent verbals. Let's get a real commitment. Today would be nice.

Top ten highlights and he's pretty much in all of them. Looks to have a good handle and goes the length of the court for a nice dunk on one of them.
Didn't realize how well he jumps and how athletic he is. One of the early dunks is in traffic with a bad angle. Love his passing. Would help the team in transition a lot; seems to thrive on racehorse basketball (I still yearn for the days when SU used to run a lot).

Looks like he can do a little of everything...finish the break, handle the ball, make interior passes in the half court offense, defend the rim, etc. With his athletic gifts and headiness, I suspect he would be excellent playing the SU 2-3 zone too.

Trying to think of an SU player who is comparable to him is tough. Leo Rautins, Billy Owens and Ryan Blackwell are the closest I can come up with.

Didn't realize how well he jumps and how athletic he is. One of the early dunks is in traffic with a bad angle. Love his passing. Would help the team in transition a lot; seems to thrive on racehorse basketball (I still yearn for the days when SU used to run a lot).

Looks like he can do a little of everything...finish the break, handle the ball, make interior passes in the half court offense, defend the rim, etc. With his athletic gifts and headiness, I suspect he would be excellent playing the SU 2-3 zone too.

Trying to think of an SU player who is comparable to him is tough. Leo Rautins, Billy Owens and Ryan Blackwell are the closest I can come up with.
He has alot of Tylers skills only much better off the dribble. With so little film to go by it is tough to gage him but i dont know if we have ever had a kid this big that seems so fluid. Billy Owens is a good but obviously heady comparison.

Reminds me of Kris Joseph. I doubt he shoots as well as him at this point, but the way he attacks the rim, his handle, and size, all resemble KJ.

If I wasn't at work today I get the feeling I'd be watching a bunch of full games from Slovakia. Dang Cuseky, how much digging did that take?

Its really hard to tell from the highlights alone so I'll have to watch a couple of these games when I get a chance. The one thing I have gathered for sure is that Marek is very athletic and really fluid for a guy his size. He looks blazing fast with the ball in his hands for a 6-9 kid in the open floor and COMFORTABLE. His ball skills say he's a SF to my eye. I don't know why we have this he's not a good shooter dialog. How many euro dudes come to the states and are bad shooters? If this kid comes to SU he's going to make open jumpers like all the skilled euro guys IMO.

Always fun to add a mystery Euro, but I'm not sure how much you can definitively tell from these highlights. Looks like he's playing against Central Square.

I could see this kid being one hell of a defender on the wing in our zone after he learns the rotation. I love his overall potential and think he would be able to produce in some capacity for us from day one. Now alls we need is the commitment!

I could see this kid being one hell of a defender on the wing in our zone after he learns the rotation. I love his overall potential and think he would be able to produce in some capacity for us from day one. Now alls we need is the commitment!
We seem to be getting an influx of high energy in this class. Can you imagine a healthy Chukwu in the middle with Brissett and Marek on the wings in the zone? We might not score but neither would they.

One thing that really impressed me was the level of competition. It looked like mid level college ball and was certainly better than 99% of high school basketball across the country. Do we actually have a height for Marek? Ive seen him listed from 6'7 to 6'9?

That one highlight clip was from one game. The rest are full games I believe. It is also a pro league that the kid is playing in against grown men.

Fair enough, perhaps I should have watched more than the one clip. My point is that invoking Billy O and Kris is a bit premature. I def hope we add him.

He will also turn 20 during his frosh year. Like Brisset and Sidibe. I like how we try to get older players.

Fair enough, perhaps I should have watched more than the one clip. My point is that invoking Billy O and Kris is a bit premature. I def hope we add him.

He will also turn 20 during his frosh year. Like Brisset and Sidibe. I like how we try to get older players.

The only comparison I see in this short viewing is that he is comfortable handling the ball on the move and very athletic. I'm going to try to watch at least one of these games this evening.

I like having older guys as well.

The only comparison I see in this short viewing is that he is comfortable handling the ball on the move and very athletic. I'm going to try to watch at least one of these games this evening.

I like having older guys as well.
I'm not sure how your last sentence is relevant to the Marek Dolezaj thread, but it is enlightening.

Kristof Ongenaet

Thanks for all the videos. This kid looks damn good. He's crazy long, and perfect for the zone. More skilled than I had first thought. Playing against grown men already, and one of the best out there. His lack of weight is offset by his tenacity.

I hope we can lock this up. The only comparison I'll make is that I believe he could be a great weak side rim defender like Wes was. I'd envision him coming over to help, and swatting a lot shot into the stands or into the backboard. Also, he can run and finish similar to Wes. Would be huge to get him to sign up. Coming over here to visit has to be a good sign.

Thanks guys and it took me a little bit to find these! Tried a few different searches and started watching some of them and narrowed it down to searching his basketball team name and stumbled across them. I disagree with someone who said the comp didn't look very good, to me it looks like he's playing in a grown mens league against some really good players with good basketball iq and he has no problem banging around with some pretty big guys that look way more mature then high school kids. Some more meat on his bones and look out. I really hope he commits because I think the staff found a gem here and this kid can be a x factor for us. Very talented and can do a little bit of everything and could be a tough matchup to defend with his ball handling, speed and height. Also Looks to have pretty long arms. Just ready for some good news and to have this kid in Orange this season and beyond!

Jerami Grant