Marek Dolezaj | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

It's depressing how negative you are about every recruit, every player, every coach.

I think Battle is an amazing player, think TT has great offensive potential, and that Brissett will have a solid year. Outside of that, who knows. I don't, you don't either so get off your high horse and stop acting like your word means anything more than anybody else's.

Nothing I've seen shows he's a 2 except for people on here saying he is. He looks extremely weak and needs weight if what we see in these videos is something he's going to do at this level. He's not a 3pt shooter and shouldn't be taking many shots at all. He has a lot of work to do on his shot.

He's probably a power forward at this point and doesn't have the size for it. Not sure he contributes that much.
He is a 3.

I think Battle is an amazing player, think TT has great offensive potential, and that Brissett will have a solid year. Outside of that, who knows. I don't, you don't either so get off your high horse and stop acting like your word means anything more than anybody else's.

Your posts prove my point every day.

When I was at Syracuse we got this kid from Cinn who was much too thin to play college ball. Marek has skills. he will be a very good Orangeman. if this is true, we got a good player that quite frankly, we had to get. How in the world is there anything depressing about that?

Two3, as you know you are one of my favorite posters.

But there is very little in that assessment about his potential that I agree with [other than the part about him not being a 2, which is spot on].

He's not too thin?

He's a great three point shooter and doesn't need to do a lot of work?

His competition isn't undersized from the videos we've seen?

That's my entire post broken down and while I'll get my post dissected by everybody on here the only thing I'm hearing is "I'm wrong" with nothing to back my concerns up. I didn't say anything that is crazy or negative, they're legit concerns going through all of the visual aids I've seen through this thread.

I imagine this is what a real life Mr. Crabs, Yosemite Sam, the Hulk, Tony Montana, etc is like in real life. God forbid something seems good and exciting for people! Practically no one is saying he is gonna be a two. He's played two over there some and some people said he possibly could play some emergency minutes there. But who knows. And for the three point shot. If you watch in the recent videos posted he has a sweet form and it's getting better. The stats from those games prove it from what I've seen. Your take is just a lazy, uneducated, angered take because you don't like it. It's okay to be negative about things that concern you and that people can agree on and such but when everyone else is in agreement it's good and there's no reason not to take this risk then why be like this? Why act like you're some almighty figure who knows everything and knows best for the program?

My take is lazy? I watched every minute of tape on him in this thread.

Almighty figure? Sorry I didn't jump on board the bandwagon. I don't make my posts for likes, I post what I see and I really don't care what you or anybody else thinks.

Risk is fine, we have enough risk. We have a backup point guard who probably won't be ready in two years. We are using a scholarship on a guy not one P5 team wanted a year ago and who did nothing to show he went to another level with his game. Add in the risky 72 who will probably be sitting on the bench behind TT and Sidibe and we're looking at a lot of wasted space on a roster constructed by one proven basketball player and a bunch of freshman and unproven players.

Make your post attacking me and judging me to get your like count up, that's fine. I talk basketball and get mine the real way.

He is a 3.

I'm guessing he ends up turning into a 4 by the time he leaves. Lydon was more of a 3 than him by far and he couldn't play it a lick in our system.

I'm guessing he ends up turning into a 4 by the time he leaves. Lydon was more of a 3 than him by far and he couldn't play it a lick in our system.

Are u serious? Lydons ball handling skills are no where near as good as mareks. Lydon can't take a guy off the dribble to the rim to save his life. Marek is constantly attacking the hoop off the dribble. Now idk how good of a 3 point shooter he will be compared to lydon but it's hard to say seeing as tho we don't have much to go off of. If u did in fact watch all the tape on him it's amazing that this is what you came up with on his abilities. (Again not trying to knock you) it's just it's amazing how most of the board can watch the same stuff and come away with absolutely completely 100 percent differing opinions on a players abilities. Not sure how that happens.

cuz yeah Lydon = Dolezaj

Cuz yeah, Lydon had a perimeter game and could do something with the ball but is a 5.

But this guy can't really shoot it that well and doesn't have much perimeter game should be a 3?

Dude is small/thin. He gains weight and he'll never see the three.

Do you even watch basketball? You trying to argue because of who's posting it?

You're not an idiot, stop acting like one just to try and call me out. It's common sense why this kid will end up being a 4.

My take is lazy? I watched every minute of tape on him in this thread.

Almighty figure? Sorry I didn't jump on board the bandwagon. I don't make my posts for likes, I post what I see and I really don't care what you or anybody else thinks.

Risk is fine, we have enough risk. We have a backup point guard who probably won't be ready in two years. We are using a scholarship on a guy not one P5 team wanted a year ago and who did nothing to show he went to another level with his game. Add in the risky 72 who will probably be sitting on the bench behind TT and Sidibe and we're looking at a lot of wasted space on a roster constructed by one proven basketball player and a bunch of freshman and unproven players.

Make your post attacking me and judging me to get your like count up, that's fine. I talk basketball and get mine the real way.

Whom are you referring to here: Howard Washington?

Cuz yeah, Lydon had a perimeter game and could do something with the ball but is a 5.

But this guy can't really shoot it that well and doesn't have much perimeter game should be a 3?

You're not an idiot, stop acting like one just to try and call me out. It's common sense why this kid will end up being a 4.
so you really are equating his game to Lydon's?

Lol lets hope he never puts on weight the way Durant never puts on weight, then he can play the 3, too funny

I'm your huckleberry.
tenor.gif

This movie made me think Val Kilmer was a great actor. Since then I've realised he was simple the greatest Doc ever!!!

Are u serious? Lydons ball handling skills are no where near as good as mareks. Lydon can't take a guy off the dribble to the rim to save his life. Marek is constantly attacking the hoop off the dribble. Now idk how good of a 3 point shooter he will be compared to lydon but it's hard to say seeing as tho we don't have much to go off of. If u did in fact watch all the tape on him it's amazing that this is what you came up with on his abilities. (Again not trying to knock you) it's just it's amazing how most of the board can watch the same stuff and come away with absolutely completely 100 percent differing opinions on a players abilities. Not sure how that happens.

Why it's so amazing that my take is different is the reason why it's always different. I don't hold a bias positive or negative when a kid signs with us or somebody else. Don't know how long you've been posting here but you'll see.

Roberson isn't Billy Owens. Chinoso Obokou is not BMK. Frank Howard is not MCW. Matthew Moyer isn't the next John Wallace.

He's taking small kids off the dribble in EVERY video, he wouldn't even be doing that in an AAU game let alone the ACC. The kid has hops and is aggressive which will mean nothing until he gains some weight against this competition. His game will slow down tremendously next season and beyond until he catches up.

Omg this is awesome.

And the whole Marek thing too - assuming it is indeed too legit to quit

I'm going to scare the sheet of of my kids with that. Looks like a stuffed animal with a living cat head.

Last edited:
Why it's so amazing that my take is different is the reason why it's always different. I don't hold a bias positive or negative when a kid signs with us or somebody else. Don't know how long you've been posting here but you'll see.

Roberson isn't Billy Owens. Chinoso Obokou is not BMK. Frank Howard is not MCW. Matthew Moyer isn't the next John Wallace.

He's taking small kids off the dribble in EVERY video, he wouldn't even be doing that in an AAU game let alone the ACC. The kid has hops and is aggressive which will mean nothing until he gains some weight against this competition. His game will slow down tremendously next season and beyond until he catches up.

He was taking small kids off the dribble? Pretty sure he played against some pretty solid looking competition in most of the videos I watched. Maybe u watched the first tape of him in the small little gym from about 2 or 3 years ago? He would absolutely be doing the same thing in AAU games here. Now everything else u say ok I'm fine with that and your opinion is your opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom