Marek Dolezaj | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Thorpe gives us college experience and roster flexibility. Freakin' NCAA did a number on us.

And another 18 ship. He's even played some zone and has the necessary length. Gillon's issue other than not knowing the D was that people could see, pass and shoot over him with ease.

I have a feeling this kid is gunna be the real deal and we will all be very glad the way the Tucker to duke thing worked out. Let's get a guard now and we will be in pretty damn good shape considering the roller coaster we went on this year for recruiting. Well add the end of last year in there as well and it's been a heck of a ride!

I have a feeling this kid is gunna be the real deal and we will all be very glad the way the Tucker to duke thing worked out. Let's get a guard now and we will be in pretty damn good shape considering the roller coaster we went on this year for recruiting. Well add the end of last year in there as well and it's been a heck of a ride!

Maybe. I'm optimistic that Dolezaj can help us is a variety of ways. The big thing is that considering the skill sets of our other forwards, Dolezaj needs to shoot very well for us from deep this coming year. That's what is lacking (on paper) and what JT would've provided. Dolezaj providing that outside threat in '17-18 would be a tremendous help. He could be an X-factor, like Lydon was two years ago.

It's depressing how excited we get over signing a recruit like this. How times have changed....

It's depressing how excited we get over signing a recruit like this. How times have changed...

Not sure what's depressing about it? There's not really any way of knowing how good this kid is and for all we know if he played here in the states he could be rated a 5 star player...or a 3 star player? we have no way of knowing. But what we do know is there is for sure potential and the attributes seem to be there so I'm not sure in any time of cuse basketball how being excited about the signing of a prospect like marek would be depressing.

Not sure what's depressing about it? There's not really any way of knowing how good this kid is and for all we know if he played here in the states he could be rated a 5 star player...or a 3 star player? we have no way of knowing. But what we do know is there is for sure potential and the attributes seem to be there so I'm not sure in any time of cuse basketball how being excited about the signing of a prospect like marek would be depressing.

Nothing I've seen shows he's a 2 except for people on here saying he is. He looks extremely weak and needs weight if what we see in these videos is something he's going to do at this level. He's not a 3pt shooter and shouldn't be taking many shots at all. He has a lot of work to do on his shot.

He's probably a power forward at this point and doesn't have the size for it. Not sure he contributes that much.

Nothing I've seen shows he's a 2 except for people on here saying he is. He looks extremely weak and needs weight if what we see in these videos is something he's going to do at this level. He's not a 3pt shooter and shouldn't be taking many shots at all. He has a lot of work to do on his shot.

He's probably a power forward at this point and doesn't have the size for it. Not sure he contributes that much.

He's a 3

He plays on the perimeter. How is he a PF?

Seems like a classic SF to me, from the little I've seen.

Ehh I think the vast majority of the board feels he's a 3 for us and not a 2...and yes he is thin but I'm not sure how u got that he's weak in any of the videos that have been posted. And he has played against some big grown dude in some of the league's he has played in and not just a bunch of small high school kids. His shot seemed pretty good to me from what I've watched so I guess there is a big difference in opinions on his abilities (which is fine not knocking you) guess we will see. I think he will be a major contributor.

I imagine this is what a real life Mr. Crabs, Yosemite Sam, the Hulk, Tony Montana, etc is like in real life. God forbid something seems good and exciting for people! Practically no one is saying he is gonna be a two. He's played two over there some and some people said he possibly could play some emergency minutes there. But who knows. And for the three point shot. If you watch in the recent videos posted he has a sweet form and it's getting better. The stats from those games prove it from what I've seen. Your take is just a lazy, uneducated, angered take because you don't like it. It's okay to be negative about things that concern you and that people can agree on and such but when everyone else is in agreement it's good and there's no reason not to take this risk then why be like this? Why act like you're some almighty figure who knows everything and knows best for the program?

Ehh I think the vast majority of the board feels he's a 3 for us and not a 2...and yes he is thin but I'm not sure how u got that he's weak in any of the videos that have been posted. And he has played against some big grown dude in some of the league's he has played in and not just a bunch of small high school kids. His shot seemed pretty good to me from what I've watched so I guess there is a big difference in opinions on his abilities (which is fine not knocking you) guess we will see. I think he will be a major contributor.

Right. And not sure why anyone would want him to be a 2 anyway, when the best player on the team is a 2 and the biggest hole on the team is at the 3.

Two3, as you know you are one of my favorite posters.

But there is very little in that assessment about his potential that I agree with [other than the part about him not being a 2, which is spot on].

His weight is a very big concern for this coming year. That is true. He is rail thin.

He might be a better shooter than you think he is. That's where hopefully he will be a very pleasant surprise.

With a name like Marek Dolezaj, we must come up with a nickname that's easier to say/pronounce. With initials like MD, how about Doc? Thoughts?

With a name like Marek Dolezaj, we must come up with a nickname that's easier to say/pronounce. With initials like MD, how about Doc? Thoughts?
I will call him Georg Festrunk.

His weight is a very big concern for this coming year. That is true. He is rail thin.

He might be a better shooter than you think he is. That's where hopefully he will be a very pleasant surprise.

And even tho he is thin, from all the tape i have watched the kid scraps and has no issues grabbing boards and banging around. If anything maybe he is too dang scrappy and is gunna have to throttle it back a bit. I do agree so added weight will benefit him without a doubt but sometimes I think we worry too much about the amount of weight or muscle on bball players. There are some pretty darn good players out there that tend to be on the skinny side and have no problem ballin out! Besides if the same trainer that took care of lydon takes care of marek then he will enter the season looking like butter bean!!

I'm your huckleberry.
tenor.gif

It's depressing how excited we get over signing a recruit like this. How times have changed...
A recruit like this? This kid is a real good prospect. have you watched him play to make a statement like that? I think that both Brissett and Marek will be strong players for us next year. Let alone down the road. If he was in the states, it would have been much more difficult to get him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom