Marek Dolezaj | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Lol lets hope he never puts on weight the way Durant never puts on weight, then he can play the 3, too funny

If he had Durant skills I wouldn't want him to gain weight and would hope he wouldn't.

Are you saying this kid has Durant skills? I'll say if Durant wasn't amazing at almost every aspect of the game including his shot from long range then he'd probably have to bulk up and play inside.

This movie made me think Val Kilmer was a great actor. Since then I've realised he was simple the greatest Doc ever!!!
I ve actually spent a lot of time thinking about which character was greater, Vals Doc Holliday or Bardems Anton Chigurh

movie-poster.png

If he had Durant skills I wouldn't want him to gain weight and would hope he wouldn't.

Are you saying this kid has Durant skills? I'll say if Durant wasn't amazing at almost every aspect of the game including his shot from long range then he'd probably have to bulk up and play inside.
So i guess Hakim W had no choice but to bulk up and become a power forward in the nba , because he doesnt have Durants skills. Lol Who knows but im thankful to get this kid!!

So i guess Hakim W had no choice to bulk up and become a power forward in the nba , because he doesnt have Durants skills. Lol Who knows but im thankful to get this kid!!

So this kid has the athletic ability to make up for his slim frame?

Your posts prove my point every day.

I don't get this. You think he's negative. Not everyone has to drink the Kool-Aid. Other posters are contrarians just to be so. Some of those people must have trick mirrors in their homes because they can't see that. And I don't have to prove it. It's apparent to anyone objective.

Two3 is an outstanding poster, who leans toward the cynical side. He's not afraid to be wrong and he's usually very good with his assessments. I hope he's wrong about Dolezaj but he has every right to be sceptical, considering the awful footage we have on him and the fact that Dolezaj could put on more than a few pounds.

I do know the staff loves this recruit, so hopefully they are right. He had a great visit and impressed everyone.

I don't get this. You think he's negative. Not everyone has to drink the Kool-Aid. Other posters are contrarians just to be so. Some of those people must have trick mirrors in their homes because they can't see that. And I don't have to prove it. It's apparent to anyone objective.

Two3 is an outstanding poster, who leans toward the cynical side. He's not afraid to be wrong and he's usually very good with his assessments. I hope he's wrong about Dolezaj but he has every right to be sceptical, considering the awful footage we have on him and the fact that Dolezaj could put on more than a few pounds.

I do know the staff loves this recruit, so hopefully they are right. He had a great visit and impressed everyone.

I want the kid to succeed just as much as anybody else here does. I'm glad you recognize that.

I actually like Washington and think he could be real good for us in a couple of years. What I don't like is I don't think he has the best path for success with the current roster we have and don't think he'll have the time to grow that he needs.

Fair.

Try reading all the posts everyday. He pisses on most every thread he engages. It's tiresome and does nothing but disrupts threads. You don't need to respond because it has nothing to do with you.

The 29% from three is a great indicator. Who cares about numbers though. The ole Pearl eye test is all that matters.
yeah cuz perimeter game means nothing but % from 3

lol I quit reading it where it said Lydon had a perimeter game but Dolezaj doesn't. wow, what a take
At first if youre not amazing at EVERY aspect of the game, you become relegated to the 4: " I'll say if Durant wasn't amazing at almost every aspect of the game including his shot from long range then he'd probably have to bulk up and play inside."

But then after further review: you simply have to have "the athletic ability to make up for the small frame" to not be relegated to the 4.

Square peg round hole

it's clear Marek can handle, take his man off the dribble, hit pull-ups, etc - Lydon could do exactly none of those

I could be wrong but I think you said Lydon did all of this well in high school when he committed with us. Were you wrong about Lydon? Trying to prove a point? Where you going with this Pearl, curious. Feel stuck yet?

You know Lydon is going to be playing in the NBA right? You know our opponents best defenders were on him this year right? You think ACC defenders are going to allow this kid to play the same game he's been playing?

it's clear Marek can handle, take his man off the dribble, hit pull-ups, etc - Lydon could do exactly none of those

I hope the competition was decent. I'm not sure either way. He does look like he is skilled but we will see if he's ready for the type of competition he will face here. Pumped we got this guy and looking forward to him helping us. I am cautiously optimistic he can contribute this year. It'll be a big adjustment for him in so many ways.

Last edited:
At first if youre not amazing at EVERY aspect of the game, you become relegated to the 4: " I'll say if Durant wasn't amazing at almost every aspect of the game including his shot from long range then he'd probably have to bulk up and play inside."

But then after further review: you simply have to have "the athletic ability to make up for the small frame" to not be relegated to the 4.

Square peg round hole

So who is this kid? Durant? Warrick? What are you trying to say?

I could be wrong but I think you said Lydon did all of this well in high school when he committed with us. Were you wrong about Lydon? Trying to prove a point? Where you going with this Pearl, curious. Feel stuck yet?

You know Lydon is going to be playing in the NBA right? You know our opponents best defenders were on him this year right? You think ACC defenders are going to allow this kid to play the same game he's been playing?
where am I going? I'm simply saying Marek is a natural three with the skills already in place (yes % from 3 obv needs to improve) while Lydon had no business playing the 3 - his "perimeter game" consisted of 3's off the secondary break - and no, I'm not one who said anything about Lydon out of high school

Dolezaj will play exactly 0 minutes at the 4 for SU this coming year. And honestly, I will be astonished if he ever does in his entire career at SU. None of his recent footage gives any indication that his current skills lend themselves to playing the 4 for SU next year over Moyer or Brissett. He is most certainly a 3.

where am I going? I'm simply saying Marek is a natural three with the skills already in place (yes % from 3 obv needs to improve) while Lydon had no business playing the 3 - his "perimeter game" consisted of 3's off the secondary break - and no, I'm not one who said anything about Lydon out of high school

How are you a natural 3 if you can't shoot the ball? That makes no sense.

Dolezaj will play exactly 0 minutes at the 4 for SU this coming year. And honestly, I will be astonished if he ever does in his entire career at SU. None of his recent footage gives any indication that his current skills lend themselves to playing the 4 for SU next year over Moyer or Brissett. He is most certainly a 3.

I agree he's a 3 but if he can't shoot it well enough to play the 3, he won't have a position. I happen to think he will shoot just fine and was a nice get. The staff does too apparently.

Hopefully, we get confirmation on his commitment tomorrow.

Goodnight and LGO.

I've seen a ton more of a 3 out of Brissett than Dolezaj.

He probably won't play the 4 for us this year, he may not play a bunch at all.

All I'm saying is if the kid doesn't improve his outside shot and gains some weight, he's going to be a 4. I don't think it's that crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom