Marek Dolezaj | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

I'm EXTREMELY bully on Sidibe after Iommi's first hand reports. Not sure that he's going to start THIS season, or that he'd be physically ready to handle ACC caliber competition in year 1, but I think he will be an NBA player down the road.

Well, thanks. As you said, the cold water I'll throw on that is that he really needs to get stronger. That will impact him for sure but he's a savvy player with more offensive skills than he's been given credit for possessing. I don't expect big offensive numbers but not anemic either. He's crafty. Having good hands will help. And I expect him to be more than solid defensively and a good rebounder.

Well, thanks. As you said, the cold water I'll throw on that is that he really needs to get stronger. That will impact him for sure but he's a savvy player with more offensive skills than he's been given credit for possessing. I don't expect big offensive numbers but not anemic either. He's crafty. Having good hands will help. And I expect him to be more than solid defensively and a good rebounder.

I, for one, couldn't care less about NBA potential or even star potential, to be honest, out of a center on this team. Give me a guy with good hands, a bit of offensive skill and rebounding/defense, I'm good. A guy like Arinze or Jackson (two different types of players but neither an NBA guy, per se) is ideal, especially these days when guys like that might actually be around for three or four years. No idea if this describes Sidibe, but if it does, I'm good with that.

I can see Battle but Thompson, Brissett, Dolejac, Sidbe we don't even know if any of them can start in the ACC let alone the NBA.

The expectations for this squad around here are crazy.
Sound like last year???

I, for one, couldn't care less about NBA potential or even star potential, to be honest, out of a center on this team. Give me a guy with good hands, a bit of offensive skill and rebounding/defense, I'm good. A guy like Arinze or Jackson (two different types of players but neither an NBA guy, per se) is ideal, especially these days when guys like that might actually be around for three or four years. No idea if this describes Sidibe, but if it does, I'm good with that.

Sidibe will play professionally. I'm not sure about NBA potential but some of the raw materials are there. I watched a game on YouTube where he actually grabbed a hustle rebound and took a few dribbles, starting a break. Little things like that opened my eyes. He blocks shots without swatting them into the 3rd row. I like when guys realize a blocked shot can be your first "pass" on a fast break. I know I've been pumping him up, at the same knowing he's raw. Outside of how thin is he is, I'm confident he can chip in this year. He plays like a kid who's well coached and that is something JB will appreciate. Plus, a 7'3" wingspan while being coordinated... Yes, please.

Sidibe will play professionally. I'm not sure about NBA potential but some of the raw materials are there. I watched a game on YouTube where he actually grabbed a hustle rebound and took a few dribbles, starting a break. Little things like that opened my eyes. He blocks shots without swatting them into the 3rd row. I like when guys realize a blocked shot can be your first "pass" on a fast break. I know I've been pumping him up, at the same knowing he's raw. Outside of how thin is he is, I'm confident he can chip in this year. He plays like a kid who's well coached and that is something JB will appreciate. Plus, a 7'3" wingspan while being coordinated... Yes, please.

You hate to even throw around the name, but in some ways, he's lanky but not skinny, like a young Olajuwan. Kind of raw, but more skilled than a lot of these foreign imports from African countries look. He has a good motor, he's got more offensive skills already than a lot of our centers usually have, and unlike Thompson, he may be pretty good on defense and on the boards. I could see him being the team's best rebounder, as well as our top shot blocker. He had some of his best games last season against other top talent. That says a lot about a player, when he rises to the occasion.

I was hoping that cuseinseattle was serious, and if so, I love how he has high hopes for this team. I also think the team is going to do surprisingly well and exceed expectations. I doubt Marek is going to be the #1 overall pick next year, but I think he is going to produce on day 1. I think there is going to be more room on the team in 2018 than we think, and Battle, Marek, and possibly another 1-2 people will jump ship to the draft or Euro pro league. We will definitely have room for Swider, a high-rated PG, and Bazley/Shittu.
Marek is one and done. People who have mentioned this are correct. There is a reason we are still after forwards for 2018. Battle and Marek are 99.9% gone and from what I've heard from staff TT is at best 50 50 to be back.

All three for different reasons but all gone. Anyone who thinks OB or Moyer will have a better year or more playing time than Marek are going to be incorrect... barring injury or the coaches being way off on what they think.

I was hoping that cuseinseattle was serious, and if so, I love how he has high hopes for this team. I also think the team is going to do surprisingly well and exceed expectations. I doubt Marek is going to be the #1 overall pick next year, but I think he is going to produce on day 1. I think there is going to be more room on the team in 2018 than we think, and Battle, Marek, and possibly another 1-2 people will jump ship to the draft or Euro pro league. We will definitely have room for Swider, a high-rated PG, and Bazley/Shittu.
I do like Marek and from what I have heard from people who say him play on his visit the staff is high on him. I also really respect jline's opinion and I know he is high on him. I'm choosing to be optimistic but it's hard to have a strong opinion with the lack of video on him and the difference in his ability in the videos. I'm guessing that is due to the length of time in between and not just him playing out of his mind in one of them. My biggest concern is his perimeter shot and how it looked in some of the footage I saw. I think athletically and the way he gets up and down the court will not be an issue.

Marek is one and done. People who have mentioned this are correct. There is a reason we are still after forwards for 2018. Battle and Marek are 99.9% gone and from what I've heard from staff TT is at best 50 50 to be back.

All three for different reasons but all gone. Anyone who thinks OB or Moyer will have a better year or more playing time than Marek are going to be incorrect... barring injury or the coaches being way off on what they think.
Where is Thompson going? Does he just not like it here or is he jumping to the league? What is the staff expecting from him next year? If Lydon can't find a spot in the 1st round where it Thompson playing?

Mike Waters thinks different on Marek - Mike Waters on Rochester radio

Mike Waters thinks different on Marek - Mike Waters on Rochester radio

I think this year's team is a mystery. I'm not sure anyone can know what to expect from Dolezaj; he's not even on campus. I doubt anyone on the staff told Mike that Dolezaj won't contribute much this year. The staff loves MD. Maybe Mike was just giving his opinion.

But yeah, let's get Swider.

Where is Thompson going? Does he just not like it here or is he jumping to the league? What is the staff expecting from him next year? If Lydon can't find a spot in the 1st round where it Thompson playing?
Europe. Or transfer. Things can always change

I think this year's team is a mystery. I'm not sure anyone can know what to expect from Dolezaj; he's not even on campus. I doubt anyone on the staff told Mike that Dolezaj won't contribute much this year. The staff loves MD. Maybe Mike was just giving his opinion.

But yeah, let's get Swider.
Is he even 100% eligible?
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Im not trying to be a Debby Downer here, but where is Marek. He's still not on campus and I don't believe he's been cleared yet. Could end up having a very similar situation to Diagne. Call me crazy but I'm not banking on him being at Syracuse for the 2017 season.

Im not trying to be a Debby Downer here, but where is Marek. He's still not on campus and I don't believe he's been cleared yet. Could end up having a very similar situation to Diagne. Call me crazy but I'm not banking on him being at Syracuse for the 2017 season.
Relax, it's June. He signed with us a few weeks ago. He's a Euro. It's not like he's moving from Boston.

He had other commitments. We knew when he signed that he'd likely get here in early August. It's not ideal but that's the reality of it.

There is always a concern the NCAA could bone us and not clear him but there were no red flags the staff was concerned with. I don't think you're crazy but at this point there is no reason to be alarmed.

I've read different parts about Marek and I don't know what to believe. Some say he is the second coming some say he will need at least a few years. Which is it? I guess we will find out when he gets here but I am excited about him.

I've read different parts about Marek and I don't know what to believe. Some say he is the second coming some say he will need at least a few years. Which is it? I guess we will find out when he gets here but I am excited about him.

Like always the truth is somewhere in the middle. Its absolutely true that Dolezaj has a lot of guard skills and a lot of athleticism for a 6'9 player. Its also true that he's skinny and might struggle defensively and rebounding. I'd be shocked if he didn't produce to at least some extent for next year's team. I'd also if be shocked if he was in the NBA after next season.

Remember, we have 3 guys we can count on to score in double figures next year (Battle, Thompson, and Thorpe) and the sky's the limit for two of them. We are looking for two of Dolezaj, Moyer, and Brissett to "step up" and be a 4th and 5th option next year. If one can be the 3rd option on offense, we've hit the jackpot.

It's mainly one dude saying this.

I can see Battle but Thompson, Brissett, Dolejac, Sidbe we don't even know if any of them can start in the ACC let alone the NBA.

The expectations for this squad around here are crazy.
Expecting to make the NCAA tourney is "crazy"?

Expecting to make the NCAA tourney is "crazy"?
I don't see anyone predicting great, great things for this team. In this ACC, is there going to be more than one team with a 14-4 record? I think if things break right, we can go 11-7. That would be a good season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom