Marek Dolezaj | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

We have an official nickname yet for the next all time SU great? One and done, and JB waves a Slovakian flag off the plane.

Good athleticism, obviously. I like his scrappiness.

Yeah, he runs well, and when he gets the chance, he really attacks the rim. Not so many outside shots in this one, but he and Brissett (whose videos I was also looking up yesterday) are definitely threes. I think Moyer needs to be closer to the basket.

Yeah, he runs well, and when he gets the chance, he really attacks the rim. Not so many outside shots in this one, but he and Brissett (whose videos I was also looking up yesterday) are definitely threes. I think Moyer needs to be closer to the basket.

Could end up that way, but far from "definite."

Could end up that way, but far from "definite."

Yeah, that's fine. That's just h0w I see their respective skill sets. Moyer is cut, but his game has mostly been around the rim (Now: early Terrence Roberts; Upside: Ryan Blackwell). Dolezaj seems a SF slasher type (Kris Joseph to Keith Van Horn, who was a freaking stud, BTW), and Brissett is probably the most well-rounded (CJ with some handle, maybe a Reggie Williams down the road - he has a lot of different skills, and it take some moxie to be player of the year anywhere, to be honest. I think he's going to win the job.

Yeah, that's fine. That's just h0w I see their respective skill sets. Moyer is cut, but his game has mostly been around the rim (Now: early Terrence Roberts; Upside: Ryan Blackwell). Dolezaj seems a SF slasher type (Kris Joseph to Keith Van Horn, who was a freaking stud, BTW), and Brissett is probably the most well-rounded (CJ with some handle, maybe a Reggie Williams down the road - he has a lot of different skills, and it take some moxie to be player of the year anywhere, to be honest. I think he's going to win the job.

I think it is likely that Thompson starts and plays the majority of his minutes at center. That would leave the 4 and 3 spots open. I expect Brissett to beat out Moyer there and win THAT job, with Dolezaj likely getting the nod at the other forward position. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think it is likely that Thompson starts and plays the majority of his minutes at center. That would leave the 4 and 3 spots open. I expect Brissett to beat out Moyer there and win THAT job, with Dolezaj likely getting the nod at the other forward position. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Brissett and Dolezaj is my guess for the starting forwards also with Brissett being our best freshman. I'm really high on him.

Brissett and Dolezaj is my guess for the starting forwards also with Brissett being our best freshman. I'm really high on him.

With Thompson as one of our inside guys (center or PF), one of the others will need to be a strong inside defender and strong on the defensive boards. We need to see what Moyer, Sidibe, and Brissett can do in that defensive role to supplement/offset Thompson.

Hard to see how Dolezaj can be that guy (on defense) at 180 lbs. In his video, he likes to play the perimeter -- almost like a 2 guard -- and he moves well defensively. Good passer & ball handling, and probably the best shooter of the new forwards.

Dolezaj, Brissett & Thompson might be our best trio offensively, but I have to wonder if that trio can defend and rebound. Right there is the opportunity for Moyer or Sidibe to earn larger roles than many are projecting.

I would be surprised to see both Dolezaj and Brissett start. I suspect the starting front court may be Brissett, Thompson and Sidibe.

I would be surprised to see both Dolezaj and Brissett start. I suspect the starting front court may be Brissett, Thompson and Sidibe.

I'm EXTREMELY bully on Sidibe after Iommi's first hand reports. Not sure that he's going to start THIS season, or that he'd be physically ready to handle ACC caliber competition in year 1, but I think he will be an NBA player down the road.

I'm EXTREMELY bully on Sidibe after Iommi's first hand reports. Not sure that he's going to start THIS season, or that he'd be physically ready to handle ACC caliber competition in year 1, but I think he will be an NBA player down the road.
Agreed. Future NBA players on this team are Battle, Thompson, Brissett, Dolejac, and Sidbe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom