Marek Dolezaj | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

We have a lot of potential at the forward spot. Need someone to emerge as a consistent threat to drill 3's from that position. I'm confident someone will be able to keep defenses honest.

If we get Thorpe, we might have enough shooting. I do think we have enough guys who can get to the rim if defenses have to respect our shooters.

Good get. Now hopefully Dolezaj gets to campus ASAP. He needs to get acclimated, even moreso than most freshmen. I wish Daniels asked him if he has a planned arrival date.

I'm hearing that he's playing in a FIBA event this summer, and won't be on campus until July.

From a terrific source.

We have a lot of potential at the forward spot. Need someone to emerge as a consistent threat to drill 3's from that position. I'm confident someone will be able to keep defenses honest.

If we get Thorpe, we might have enough shooting. I do think we have enough guys who can get to the rim if defenses have to respect our shooters.

Good get. Now hopefully Dolezaj gets to campus ASAP. He needs to get acclimated, even moreso than most freshmen. I wish Daniels asked him if he has a planned arrival date.

I thought I just read on one of the articles just posted (can't remember which one) to not expect him anytime soon because he is playing for his national team this summer? Not sure if that's correct or if he will want to get here as soon as possible.

10, 5 and 1 would not be too far off Tyler Lydon's freshman numbers (10, 6 and 1 plus 1.8 blocks) and I agree are a reasonable expectation
If MD gives us that, I will be thoroughly stoked. That seems like a very high estimate, though. I hope he is able to play immediately and contribute across a variety of stats, but 10ppg might be a little rich to hope for. I'd take 7 and 4, and improvement as the season progresses.

No one should question gmac or griff so far either. The HC is fair game.
Nobody is touching Griffins.
GMac IMO has been working with JB more than Hop, Red were.

Last edited:
Remarkable to get a player of this quality so late.

It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the US style of play and how he develops over time.

It is a shame he is unlikely to stay more than a couple of years because I bet 4 years down the road, he will be really really good.

I will settle for 10 ppg, 5 rpg and 2 apg as a frosh. I think that is a reasonable expectation for him, especially if he really is already 195 pounds. That last article listed him at 175, which would make it a lot harder for him to be productive immediately.

That wouldn't really be settling too much. Taurean avg'd 9 & 4 last year and that was a pretty darn good Fresh year.

For the record, at this point last year we were still waiting on TT and AW3 wasn't even available yet. So here we are now with one scholarship available and it's either going to Thorpe or Ayala. Long summer? I think not.

Is Donna's "taking steps" story a red flag of any concern?

Seems to me she should have spoke to someone in admissions or someone on the coaching staff to clear up the issue.

Is Donna's "taking steps" story a red flag of any concern?

Seems to me she should have spoke to someone in admissions or someone on the coaching staff to clear up the issue.

From Donna: "Syracuse coaches cannot comment on a recruit until the compliance office receives a signed letter of intent from the prospect."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom