Marrone ... Gone...NOT Gone | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone ... Gone...NOT Gone

based on his relationship with Wildhack and if the investments were being made he probably stays for another couple of years.

I could see that delaying his exit.

I just don’t think ultimately Doug Marrone is a college coach.

so when your hired contracter walks out with your kitchen half finished saying he got a better job offer you're cool with it ? hey he's gonna make more money ! others might call him a ARSEWIPE. and hold a bit of a grudge.

Coach Mac inherited a brand new Dome stadium that was a true game changer for recruiting at the time.

Marrone never had that kind of advantage.

Just the opposite really - he was saddled with facilities that were near the bottom of, if not at the bottom of a weakened Big East.

It took Mac five years to get to the Cherry Bowl and two more years to get the attention of the NFL.

Marrone was an NFL HC candidate before he got the SU job - he already had the NFL’s attention.

I think they both left for the money. But I think that was Mac’s primary motivation.

Marrone was motivated by a number of factors.

He left too soon to leave behind a well established program - that’s true.

OK. That’s all fine, I don’t disagree with most of it. My point, however, was to address why Marrone still gets hostility for leaving, while Mac never did. And the point was that Mac left the program in tremendous shape, and Marrone left long before the program was on solid ground. Maybe it would have been had Marrone stayed the 11 years that Mac did. But he didn’t.

so when your hired contracter walks out with your kitchen half finished saying he got a better job offer you're cool with it ? hey he's gonna make more money ! others might call him a ARSEWIPE. and hold a bit of a grudge.

Right, the two scenarios are very similar. College coaches never leave to go to new jobs and contractors always show up.

honor your commitments. when the job is completed collect your check and go . no hard feelings.
didn't get that. i don't like the dude. form your own opinion. .500 coach here. not great by any standard.
but hey even GROB found work after his fiasco. he may find another gig . but he's still a tool imo.

Last edited:
Everyone turn to page .500 in your Hymnals...

Praise Doug from whom all bologna flows
Praise him all Syracusans here below
Praise him above ye current coach
Praise him as Lombardi, Walsh, and Be - li - chick

Aaaaaaaa - meeeeeeennn

Aaaaaaaa - meeeeeeennn

Doug was a very good HC AT SYRACUSE and this is a Syracuse message board. I honestly don't care that he quit your franchise, most people would in his situation. Enjoy your one and done in the playoffs.

Doug was a very good HC AT SYRACUSE and this is a Syracuse message board. I honestly don't care that he quit your franchise, most people would in his situation. Enjoy your one and done in the playoffs.
Hahahahahahahaha

Triggered Pats fan. Enjoy watching the demise of your franchise full of cheaters, murderers, and human traffickers this weekend. You must be so proud!

If Marrone was a hired contractor and you told him he had to redo your entire kitchen using particle board and recycled metal but wanted your kitchen to look like this:
1577832428280.png

Maybe you could make that comparison...

honor your commitments. when the job is completed collect your check and go . no hard feelings.
didn't get that. i don't like the dude. form your own opinion. .500 coach here. not great by any standard.
but hey even GROB found work after his fiasco. he may find another gig . but he's still a tool imo.

We all know big time sports is a year by year thing.

Schools/organizations can fire coaches before their contracts are up(the way you want SU to do to Jimmy), and coaches can leave before their contracts are up. The kitchen example is completely ridiculous.

another gig?

I could see that delaying his exit.

I just don’t think ultimately Doug Marrone is a college coach.

might he have looked at the next level yep, but he wouldn’t have soured on this job

you have no idea what you are talking about

i believe it's called integrity. you get it or you don't

63607460-84DF-43C1-A7D4-D84578DC7A3E.jpeg

Aaaaaaaa - meeeeeeennn
Don't you think you are going to bring negative karma to the Bills wildcard game against Houston this weekend?

All the pro/anti Marrone aside, he did some good development work with Minshew and they seem to have a good relationship. Maybe Doug was the guy that wanted him, either way it's worth one more year to see where it goes.

i don't get it.

img_7746.jpg

what medications are you taking ? side effects may include...?

Can’t we all just accept Marrone was good coach who wasn’t going to be a great college coach.
He left for an NFL HC job that any coach would leave for.
I blame Gross for what transpired more than Marrone.
Marrone wasn’t a good recruiter that is a fair criticism but was a good game plan coach.

The 2012 season should have been better but it was a good season.

Don't you think you are going to bring negative karma to the Bills wildcard game against Houston this weekend?
Nah... like I said... I’m glad Doug kept his job.

push the elevator back upstairs.so i said his color was green. screw the dream job. that's business . we agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom