Marrone ... Gone...NOT Gone | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone ... Gone...NOT Gone

Mac left SU in tremendous shape. He had recruited remarkably well in the late 80s and the program was stocked with talent all over the field. He also had a staff full of potential replacements. And, of course, the guy who did replace him went on to have an 8 year run that was (a) better than the run Mac had, and (b) as good as any HC in SU history aside from Coach Ben.

Exactly none of that applies to Marrone.
The formatting of the post was screwed up by my editing but I only wrote the second part of that post. I was responding to dasher.

Mac left SU in tremendous shape. He had recruited remarkably well in the late 80s and the program was stocked with talent all over the field. He also had a staff full of potential replacements. And, of course, the guy who did replace him went on to have an 8 year run that was (a) better than the run Mac had, and (b) as good as any HC in SU history aside from Coach Ben.

Exactly none of that applies to Marrone.
Also, it's fun to pick on Marrone. It is. Because he's kind of a surly bully.

Picking on Mac makes you a surly bully. Nobody wants that.

I don't remember that.
Ask bnoro and others with contacts within the AD.

Gross wasn’t caught off guard. The NFL has to ask for permission to interview anyone. It’s a courtesy.
It was part of the problem for the Cardinals and Kliff Kingsbury last year.
USC at first didn’t want to give him permission but they relented.

Ask bnoro and others with contacts within the AD.

Gross wasn’t caught off guard. The NFL has to ask for permission to interview anyone. It’s a courtesy.
It was part of the problem for the Cardinals and Kliff Kingsbury last year.
USC at first didn’t want to give him permission but they relented.

we have different definitions of caught off guard.

I'll always despise Doug more for what he did to the Bills then what he did to the Orange.

Didn't P's first season end with a HOF Bowl victory over tOSU on New Year's Day? Finishing on that high note erased any potential ill will for Mac.
You're right. Mac leaving the cupboard well stocked and the ensuing success we had with P certainly helped.

If Dr. Gross truly knew Marrone was going to the NFL after the 2013 the mistake was not being prepared for the jump and back channeling with potential HCs.
Steve Addaizo isn’t great but he would have been a lot better hire than Scott Shafer.
Instead Marrone left and we hired Shafer. I don’t blame Hackett or any assistant coach for leaving. It’s not like Marrone’s staff was exceptional or irreplaceable we hired an in over his head HC and he hired mid major coaches to replace Marrone’s staff and we went downhill.

Marrone didn’t have the best facilities and he could gameplan with the best at a college level but he was never going to get the horses we needed to compete at the top of college football.
last paragraph---we don't know that at all!!! many assume that because of his personality. he continued on the path he was on and got facilities kept improving just maybe kids would want to come. i would take him back in a heart beat. mho

Doug Marrone NOT fired. Will be Head Coach of Jags in 2020

I'll always despise Doug more for what he did to the Bills then what he did to the Orange.
Hmmm. But Bills fans say he sucked so why the butt-hurt?

Didn't P's first season end with a HOF Bowl victory over tOSU on New Year's Day? Finishing on that high note erased any potential ill will for Mac.
Mac completed the rebuild before he left, the 1st 2 years with most of his recruits Paul went 10-2. Paul never did as well after that.

Glad he’s back... keep stacking those L’s Dougie!

Live look at half the football board rn:

1577806440091.png

Butt hurt Bills fan much?
Butt hurt? Nah. Guy did us a huge favor. Best $4 million Pegula ever spent!

Happy to see him taking Jax to new low heights! Never has there been a city, fan base, owner, and coach who deserved each other more. Good for Doug!

Again, they trade Ramsey because Coughlin was a total (insert word) to him...and Coughlin is gone anyway! As I said Marrone was the least of their problems but the Jags should have fired Doug and the GM and started new with Minshew.

If they try to go back to foles during the off-season I will riot

Butt hurt? Nah. Guy did us a huge favor. Best $4 million Pegula ever spent!

Happy to see him taking Jax to new low heights! Never has there been a city, fan base, owner, and coach who deserved each other more. Good for Doug!
Lol. Yeah, butt hurt

Again, they trade Ramsey because Coughlin was a total (insert word) to him...and Coughlin is gone anyway! As I said Marrone was the least of their problems but the Jags should have fired Doug and the GM and started new with Minshew.
The Ramsey trade was outstanding for Jacksonville.
The guy is overrated and was going to get paid.
Jacksonville got him for cheap dollars for 4 years and will get 2 replacements in the first round for 5 years at cheap dollars.

Ramsey’s reputation was carrying him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom