Marrone ... Gone...NOT Gone | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone ... Gone...NOT Gone

Saint Doug was raised from the dead. Or, as Mark Twain said upon return from his tour of Europe, " Rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated".

push the elevator back upstairs.so i said his color was green. screw the dream job. that's business . we agree.
It was a dream to coach at, Syacuse and he did exactly that. He never once said it was going to be his final coaching job. Get over the " dream job" bullshite. It's so boring and a copout.

he said it but didn't mean it ? what's a "COP OUT " mean again

cop-out | ˈkäpˌout | noun informalan instance of avoiding a commitment or responsibility: being ‘average’ is the lazy person's cop-out.

Last edited:
he said it but didn't mean it ? what's a "COP OUT " mean again

cop-out | ˈkäpˌout | noun informalan instance of avoiding a commitment or responsibility: being ‘average’ is the lazy person's cop-out.
Keep the strife alive for, Dougie, if it turns you on.

Marrone didn’t get canned
forget-it-hes-rolling-makeameme-org-forget-it-hes-rolling-53243102.png

"The 2019 season was unacceptable and I’ve made my dissatisfaction clear. While many unusual circumstances influenced our season, none can fully explain or defend our second-half collapse with first place in the division within reach on Week 9," Khan said.

"I want to see what we produce under a new organizational structure in 2020. Goals have been established. Accountability will be paramount. As part of our new framework, the position of Executive Vice President of Football Operations will not be filled in 2020. Dave and Doug will each continue to report directly to me, as they have since mid-December."

so i guess he kept his job with this ringing endorsement . "double secret probation" per above MEME.

"The 2019 season was unacceptable and I’ve made my dissatisfaction clear. While many unusual circumstances influenced our season, none can fully explain or defend our second-half collapse with first place in the division within reach on Week 9," Khan said.

"I want to see what we produce under a new organizational structure in 2020. Goals have been established. Accountability will be paramount. As part of our new framework, the position of Executive Vice President of Football Operations will not be filled in 2020. Dave and Doug will each continue to report directly to me, as they have since mid-December."

so i guess he kept his job with this ringing endorsement . "double secret probation" per above MEME.

He kept his job. Nice attempt to wiggle out of it after you said he got canned

He kept his job. Nice attempt to wiggle out of it after you said he got canned
my mistake. assumed they 'd lose the loser as was WIDELY speculated . not just by me but most media.
you did read how the choke collar was applied by management ? dougie best be a good doggie.

Doug Marrone is the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

i have a life. it's new years eve. i may have missed it. what i read is he's on he ropes. happy new years.

i believe it's called integrity. you get it or you don't

So when your favorite team sucks for years in a row you get mad when the owner of the team fires the coach even if he has 3 years left? Sure you do, you can’t take the high road but only be mad about the situation in one type of situation b/c Marrone hurt your feelings.

Leaving SU for NFL: Hurt but understandable.
Leaving Buffalo for a $4M check and no other job: Ridiculous.

Being a fan of both teams, I’m not a fan of Doug Marrone. I appreciate his tenure but don’t appreciate him moving forward.

How much of his gains financially has he given back to the University that made it possible?

You're right. Mac leaving the cupboard well stocked and the ensuing success we had with P certainly helped.
Mac took a lot of our top assistants with him. I don’t blame him. I’m just saying Mac did what he had to do too.

I admit that I was one of the posters who figured that Marrone would be fired in Jacksonville. I still don't believe that Tom Coughlin was the reason that Jacksonville has had so many problems. It is probably true that in the modern NFL, his approach is passe. I know expecting players to be on time or even a little early to meetings and expecting players who are not playing up to their potential to show up for "voluntary" workouts is not how the modern player operates. That being said, in his career, Doug Marrone is a career %451 coach and I do believe that you are what your record says you are. I think Jacksonville just delayed the inevitable. Oh and for the recored, I really don't hope that I'm wrong.

You too!
1994 this is a changing of the guard game.
Since that game
10 Super Bowls appearances and 6 Championships for one team.
The other team did win a playoff game in 1995 and has stayed a lot of Motel 6’s.

The Patriots won 78% of their games this decade how dare they lose 22%.

Leaving SU for NFL: Hurt but understandable.
Leaving Buffalo for a $4M check and no other job: Ridiculous.

Being a fan of both teams, I’m not a fan of Doug Marrone. I appreciate his tenure but don’t appreciate him moving forward.

How much of his gains financially has he given back to the University that made it possible?

He has contributed back to the AD.

I admit that I was one of the posters who figured that Marrone would be fired in Jacksonville. I still don't believe that Tom Coughlin was the reason that Jacksonville has had so many problems. It is probably true that in the modern NFL, his approach is passe. I know expecting players to be on time or even a little early to meetings and expecting players who are not playing up to their potential to show up for "voluntary" workouts is not how the modern player operates. That being said, in his career, Doug Marrone is a career %451 coach and I do believe that you are what your record says you are. I think Jacksonville just delayed the inevitable. Oh and for the recored, I really don't hope that I'm wrong.
"You are what your record says you are." Belichick was 36-44 with the Browns. By your logic, guess he should have never gotten another chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom