Matt Moyer transferring | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that you're lecturing someone about acting pretentiously because a post he made turned out to be wrong.

His post was more than wrong. It basically intimated that everyone is stupid for thinking matt would transfer.

Sometimes parents try to get answers. When those repeated attempts to get answers are ignored, a parent might decide to get an answer face-to-face. Desperate times, desperate measures. Matt's ankle was really badly sprained.

This is a separate issue: Matt certainly looked unconcerned about his ankle in the video we've all seen of the team celebrating the announcement of the NCAA berth. Matt jumping around and on top of a table, he did not look injured. I have to say that. However, there is a feeling in some quarters that Matt's ankle never healed properly. In context of what happened here, I don't think that's insignificant.
Moyer looked healthy enough to play the very next game. (Note: That doesn’t mean 100%.)

Your context, while appreciated, doesn’t really change anything. Meddling is meddling. And there’s a difference between not getting answers and not being satisfied with the answers given.

The reason our teams have struggled recently is because we’ve lacked 4 year players that have grown up in our system. This just adds to the issue. Our 2013 FF team that won 30 games started 4 guys who stayed here 4 years. Now we are lucky if guys stay two. They either transfer or go to the NBA.

To protect Matt from himself. Not sure why that gets lost here...

It wasn't about JB.

It's amazing to me what people expect from a kid who had a major sprain.

I personally didn't think Moyer was a fit but the treatment from the coach and how fast people turned on him to side with a coach who seemingly didn't care about his ankle was insane.

His post was more than wrong. It basically intimated that everyone is stupid for thinking matt would transfer.
Ha, "more than wrong." You're rolling now.

Some quarters? Everyone knows you have a line with Matt. You used to write those scoops based on tips from him. At the end of the day, matt wasnt a good fit here. Matt might want to use the ankle as the pretexr but lets not ignore the fact that he isnt syracuse level good.
I think the kid tried to hard to keep/win back his job. When he did, he made errors, some of which were egregious. Then the mistakes just piled up. I think a new season next year would have yeilded better results for him, and SU. EVERY basketball team could use a smart, no trouble, Dennis Rodman type of player.
Good luck Matt.

Not sure of the mechanics of this, but any chance the Orange can reengage a player they were in on for 2018 but has not signed? Like an Aaron Cash?

Kaleb Joseph was the leader in the lockerroom celebrations in 2016. We all know how that ended too. Be wary of benched guys overcelebrating. Overcompensating for their disappointment in not contributing very much.

Indeed. And, if you've seen any of Creighton's games this season (two years later) nothing has changed for Kaleb in that regard. I don't anticipate based upon what I've seen Moyer's path being much different.

Singularly maybe not, but Thorpe, Thompson, Joseph, Patterson, Johnson, and now Moyer all gone in such a short time is a lot.

Patterson, BJ, Thorpe, and Moyer all left due to playing time issues. Players, especially nowadays, don't like to wait to play. Their departures aren't indicative of any behind the scenes issues, imo. Thompson left because *allegedly* mommy said so.

The thing that has consistently bothered me about this point is that there's a paid, professional, medical staff employed to make these decisions separately from any outside influence...
But they don't make the decision. They just offer their opinion on when the injury has healed sufficiently to prevent further damage. It's always up to the player to determine if the pain is manageable or not. It's not like they say, poof, you're healed...

Some quarters? Everyone knows you have a line with Matt. You used to write those scoops based on tips from him. At the end of the day, matt wasnt a good fit here. Matt might want to use the ankle as the pretexr but lets not ignore the fact that he isnt syracuse level good.

I don't know what "scoops" you're referring to but that's complete bs. I never wrote anything based on any info I got from Matt but cool of you to throw that out there. Guess I made a mistake taking you off ignore.

Matt never tried to use his ankle as an excuse. To the contrary, he tried to play through an injury weeks before he should've because he was the consummate teammate.

"Matt wasn't a good fit here." Okay, he clearly had a tough year. No one can dismiss that but if you can't see the value he gave to the program, well, come on... Do I need to go on?

Moyer looked healthy enough to play the very next game. (Note: That doesn’t mean 100%.)

Your context, while appreciated, doesn’t really change anything. Meddling is meddling. And there’s a difference between not getting answers and not being satisfied with the answers given.
Tape and adrenaline are amazing things. Doesn't mean he didn't feel terrible pain after.

How about not getting any answers at all through conventional means? Does that count? Like literally, and yes, I mean literally not getting an answer.

But they don't make the decision. They just offer their opinion on when the injury has healed sufficiently to prevent further damage. It's always up to the player to determine if the pain is manageable or not. It's not like they say, poof, you're healed...
They give the go or no go based on the athletes ability to pass tests... if their pain tolerance doesn't allow them to perform certain physical activities, that will show.

The tests are designed to minimize a player's ability to fake it.

Guys, pain isn't the only factor in playing on a sprained ankle. You could have minimal pain, but the ankle still might only be performing at 50%. That's the nature of sprains. And the more you play on a sprain, the longer it takes to recover. You can take painkillers to basically not even feel your ankle, but that doesn't mean you can now run and jump on it any/much better than you could without painkillers. I don't fault Moyer for choosing to sit and recover.

The reason our teams have struggled recently is because we’ve lacked 4 year players that have grown up in our system. This just adds to the issue. Our 2013 FF team that won 30 games started 4 guys who stayed here 4 years. Now we are lucky if guys stay two. They either transfer or go to the NBA.

It all starts at the top . It’s moments like this where we miss hop

I don't know what "scoops" you're referring to but that's complete bs. I never wrote anything based on any info I got from Matt but cool of you to throw that out there. Guess I made a mistake taking you off ignore.

Matt never tried to use his ankle as an excuse. To the contrary, he tried to play through an injury weeks before he should've because he was the consummate teammate.

"Matt wasn't a good fit here." Okay, he clearly had a tough year. No one can dismiss that but if you can't see the value he gave to the program, well, come on... Do I need to go on?

Im not saying hes a bad guy. He seems like a great guy. I am missing his value to thw program though. I rather give the ship to a more talented player. But i wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom