Matt Moyer transferring | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, at least he is announcing it now, so they have plenty of time to recruit for the open spot.

Not true. We’ve seen Annette’s posts on social media. We know Fred drove out to campus to pursuade JB to sit MM for a game.

Yep, We know what JB told us about the situation. That's true.

Want me to point out the many times I've seen "JB says things" on this board?

Ok, I’ll bite on this. So you really believe JB would just burn a bridge when he didn’t have to by speaking publicly about a player and his parents (albeit briefly)? I think there has to be more to the story than has been revealed.

Burning a bridge may not have been the best way I could have put it. Let's just say that it wasn't handled well and JB should not have said what he said at that presser.

Matt's decision was not just about that but that clearly didn't make the Moyer's feeling warm and fuzzy. I'm sure JB had the end-of-season talk with him but this was not just about playing time. Hop leaving wasn't a positive. Matt was close to Hop. Hop was also great at smoothing things over when negative vibes came up.

It's highly debatable whether Matt was ever 100%. Did he come back too soon initially? Maybe.

I'm not trying to stir crap up. I'm just being honest.

Thankfully, it is your opinion. It sends the message that I'm the captain of this ship and no one is above me.
Was anyone anywhere confused about this?

no offense to your friend but the next time a kid makes a major move because his/her academic advisor retired will prob be the first
I wasn't serious about that part.

This guy bled orange. Always led the way in those locker room celebrations and you can tell: winning means everything to him. Wish he stayed and killed it the next few seasons, but he's got to do what's best for him. Best of luck, Matty Nice.
Kaleb Joseph was the leader in the lockerroom celebrations in 2016. We all know how that ended too. Be wary of benched guys overcelebrating. Overcompensating for their disappointment in not contributing very much.

I was under the impression that Moyer's injury really held him back this season and hampered his development.

And just because he wasn't ready to play this season doesn't mean he can't improve and develop over the course of his career - even if that meant he wasn't ready to be in the rotation until his redshirt junior or senior season. Lazarus Sims is one of our most regarded point guards in program history and he didn't play until his fifth year.

Very disappointing decision for all parties, imo.
NO comparison. Z was always a magician with the ball. You knew the potential. MM is not what you would call smooth or quick. He has great hustle and decent size, along with bad open court instincts and inability to create. Perhaps he realized that he was in over his head? Great kid and I wish he would have stayed but he will have more fun contributing on another team that needs a big man and is not Going to recruit over him.

Kaleb Joseph was the leader in the lockerroom celebrations in 2016. We all know how that ended too. Be wary of benched guys overcelebrating. Overcompensating for their disappointment in not contributing very much.
They always say the guys that celebrate the most are the ones that do the least.

NO comparison. Z was always a magician with the ball. You knew the potential. MM is not what you would call smooth or quick. He has great hustle and decent size, along with bad open court instincts and inability to create. Perhaps he realized that he was in over his head? Great kid and I wish he would have stayed but he will have more fun contributing on another team that needs a big man and is not Going to recruit over him.
Disagree. Moyer just needed to gain more strength and fill out more. With hard work he could have developed into a solid player for this team.

I doubt very, very much that he's leaving because "he realized that he was in over his head."

And now apparently SU fans are lashing out at Matt on Twitter telling him he sucks.

Perfect
No surprise. Just look at the stuff SU "fans" post on syracuse.com and social media. I'm sure the mods here are having quite a time right now.

Actually the kid is really athletic. He jumped the highest on the team. He just lacked an ability to shoot.

And now apparently SU fans are lashing out at Matt on Twitter telling him he sucks.

Perfect
Yeah, it's really vile. This is not some kid who was a problem off the court. Quite the contrary. They're not SU fans, though they claim to be. They are a low form of life.
No surprise. Just look at the stuff SU "fans" post on syracuse.com and social media. I'm sure the mods here are having quite a time right now.
99% of the responses to Moyer are fully supportive and wishing him nothing but the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom