Matt Moyer transferring | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, damn, damn. I kinda saw this coming, though. Hope he signs with a team with games i can find to watch.

Moyer’s parents did nothing wrong.

I really wish this kid could graduate and be able to go anywhere and have his 3 years to play.

He stuck with us after the sanctions hit.
He recruited for us on Twitter.
He was proud to be Orange.
Hell he gave Andrew White III his number 3 when he came last year.

Considering he was in JB's doghouse for a while, I think he displayed a good overall attitude and tried hard when he had the opportunity. Maybe not the best skills in the world, but positive approach none the less. Can't believe that fans are bashing him. I wish him all the best.

Moyer's parents were not over-involved. They're very good people. Trust me on this. They were not meddling. At. All.

I was going as much off of the article that was posted in this thread from when Matt committed, as anything else.

I think it was more that people got fed up with her coming here and throwing a bunch of other players under the bus when Perry didn’t light the world on fire.

That was my issue with her. No problem if she wants to defend Perry but no need to throw everyone else under the bus. But I digress...

Seems like a really good kid, wish him the best.

What D2 school has an excellent communications program? That's where I would go if I were him.
When I first heard the news I instantly thought Marist. d1 School with a GREAT communications program. I can also show him around town and campus a bit;)

Well, it wouldn't be this board without a little drama or a stake to pin JB to... settled down for just 3 days.

I'll keep my opinion to myself as it doesn't really matter...

Best of luck young Mr. Moyer, hope everything works out for you.

You only get one college basketball career.

Matt could stay at SU. He might improve, he might be able to withstand the PT challenges of the new recruits this year and next, and he might end up as a contributor on some pretty good teams.

But, he may not develop and he could end up as a little used end of the bench player.

Or, he can transfer to a DI school where he could reasonably expect to get a lot of PT or to a DII or DII program where he could be “The Man”.

That’s the situation Moyer found himself in. We’ll see what he does.

Of course we have our Forum drama queens and soap opera enthusiasts who paint pictures of unhappiness, and hurt feelings, and parental anger and all that based on their feelings or imagining what “must have occurred”.

The real question is whether he did this without talking to JB and/or one or more of the Assistant Coaches. And if he did, what did they tell him?

image.jpg
I say that SU suspend the #2 for the rest of the decade +1 and bring it back in 2030! It hasn't boasted well this decade!!

Dad literally drove up to campus and told JB to sit MM.

Nice of you to put things into context. Shocker.

If you don't know the context (which you obviously don't), why comment?

721Comstock you were saying??

Yup.
That post aged rather poorly, and incredibly quickly.

I don’t/didn’t claim any inside info - clearly.
Just trying to look at it logically.

Oh well.
I think it’s really short sighted on his part.
It’s his life, but - I don’t think it’s a good call.

A year of zero PT is still less than he would have gotten next year.
And I truly believe he could have been a really solid player for us as a Jr & Sr.

Heck, I’m still a little bummed BJ had to transfer - his 2 years at Lasalle showed what he could have been here, with a RS season.

Best of luck, Matty Nice!

I like Matt. Think he brought a great attitude and has been a great program booster.

I thought the whole, "Matt doesn't feel like playing," thing from JB earlier this season was very strange, and I didn't really understand it. It gave me the feeling that, in that instance anyway, JB didn't see Matt as a team player, or maybe that he saw him as not really willing to play through some minor pain.

Anyway, still very sorry to see him leave, and wish him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom