Matthew Moyer | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

I hear ya. Just think we are underestimating the kids we have. I don't think you are, as you have much more knowledge on them than I do. Say we add Thorpe, and Marek. We will be back to running, and getting easy buckets. Give me a dunk over a three all day. I'm over Tucker, and never mind. My thoughts are known.

Moyer looks like he really improved his shot. We all love him, but have been focused on others. He's gonna be fun to watch, as I know we all agree on. He bleeds Orange, which is always nice.

Love your posts man. Dont forget jb does his best work with his back against a wall.

Love your posts man. Dont forget jb does his best work with his back against a wall.

Appreciate it. I try to show the positive side of things, and you're absolutely right about JB.

Last year we thought we were contenders to win the ACC, and make a deep run in the NCAA tourney. Now everyone is down on us a bit, which is fine. It makes absolute sense, but we may just end up with the talent to make a run depending on who we add.

I have said in the past that it's a developmental year, but the options opening up give me more hope.

I think it's easy for us to forget how good of a player matt was coming out of high school and the potential he has, myself includes...now a whole year under his belt training with our staff and learning our system I think this kid is gunna be a surprise and a fan favorite!
Good to see him in action. I was a bit cautious because he seemed to still have a slight limp moving around on the bench all season. Then again, he appeared to have the same limp walking to the stage at the recent 'Cuse Awards so maybe that's just how he walks :noidea:

Nice video. To me Moyer is a four who might be able to play a few minutes at the three. Obviously there is no difference in the zone. I think he will be much more effective catching the ball at the high post and on the baseline, than if he had to start his move outside the three point line.

Nice video. To me Moyer is a four who might be able to play a few minutes at the three. Obviously there is no difference in the zone. I think he will be much more effective catching the ball at the high post and on the baseline, than if he had to start his move outside the three point line.

Exactly my thoughts. I've watched a few Oshae games and he does operate pretty well starting his move outside the three point line. I do think Moyer will have a decent handle. The only issue with Moyer is I haven't seen any sort of back-to-the-basket game. Hopefully Thompson is working on a few post moves (Moyer too).

Matt getting some work in with coach cals boy. His shot is looking pretty good lately. Really hoping between him and oshae that we all will be surprised cuz they will definitely be getting playing time and we sure will need some scoring to come from somewhere.

Hey everyone long time lurker and I mean a real long time lol, but I always compared Moyer as a John Wallace important type recruit to the program. Both players sticking with the program despite our probation lets hope Matt can develop into the player John was but we already know what great recruiter Matt has been for SU! Go Orange!

Very impressed with the way Matt used his redshirt season. It looks like he's all lean muscle everywhere. His handle is improved and his shot is completely different. When we add Dolezaj a lot of people are going to be surprised by our group of forwards.

He's gunna turn some heads for sure. You can tell he has used his redshirt year to really work his butt off. Hard not to root for a kid like him that works hard, represents us well and WANTED to be at cuse! Can't wait to see what he does this year

He'll say it and I'll say it too... "Don't sleep on Mr. Moyer."
"Up all night again — as for sleep, no comprende
I don't sleep 'cause sleep is the cousin of death
Least that's what Nas say
Sleep is a state of mind
And to know is to be on your way"

Footwork seems a little slow as well. I don't foresee him taking many people off the dribble.
I don't think he will playing head to head against very quick players.

I don't think he will playing head to head against very quick players.

If he's at the 4 probably not at all, if he does get run at the 3, could be a problem.

I hear ya. Just think we are underestimating the kids we have. I don't think you are, as you have much more knowledge on them than I do. Say we add Thorpe, and Marek. We will be back to running, and getting easy buckets. Give me a dunk over a three all day. I'm over Tucker, and never mind. My thoughts are known.

Moyer looks like he really improved his shot. We all love him, but have been focused on others. He's gonna be fun to watch, as I know we all agree on. He bleeds Orange, which is always nice.
I will take a 3 over a dunk every time, because: MATH!

I will take a 3 over a dunk every time, because: MATH!

While at first I might agree, it actually depends on if you add the word "made" in front of it. If they are attempts, math will favor the dunk, even with the point differential. While at the Wisconsin game with Zippy, I remember thinking, "Man, if Lydon would do more of that", as I watched his counterparts taking it strong to the hole and dunking...one time even landing on Lydon's shoulder. I guess I miss seeing players more aggressive at the rim. Feels like it's been awhile.

While at first I might agree, it actually depends on if you add the word "made" in front of it. If they are attempts, math will favor the dunk, even with the point differential. While at the Wisconsin game with Zippy, I remember thinking, "Man, if Lydon would do more of that", as I watched his counterparts taking it strong to the hole and dunking...one time even landing on Lydon's shoulder. I guess I miss seeing players more aggressive at the rim. Feels like it's been awhile.
Think Derrick Coleman. I do. I wish. John Wallace, too.

From his Snapchat story. This is what we like to see hopefully he continues to grow and it translate to oncourt success.

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 185

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online