Mccullough | Syracusefan.com

Mccullough

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Non existant today, starting to trend downward rapidly...which means chad ford now has him in the top 5

Chad Forde's board!!!!

Name me one NBA team that thinks he can help them next season. Such a joke.

The bright side is a few more games like today and he'll be back next year. Which would be awesome.

Seemed like the guards weren't passing to the big men as much as they have been. Especially in the second half. Seemed like the opportunities were there.

The refs took him out of the game, literally. Cheap fouls called on him kept him on the bench half the game, meanwhile he gets absolutely hammered going to the hole...no call, gets tackled on that disastrous inbounds play when he was going for the loose ball after Christmas was mugged...no call, gets undercut going for a rebound...and he gets his 5th foul!

He didn't have much of a chance. He got screwed badly by the refs today.

The improvement in competition is beginning to effect Chris. He struggled against St. John's, too.

You're spot on Cuseguy. He has had two horrific games in a row (not a bash---I simply state the facts):

Sunday 1-6, 5 pts, 6 rebs
Today 0-4, 3 pts, 4 rebs

And you folks think just because Chad Ford thinks he is going to be a 1st rounder (possibly even a lottery pick) that he is gone after this year? Chad Ford doesn't know his head from his arse. Who in their right mind would waste a lottery pick right now on Chris--there are a plethora of much better choices right now of guys closer to being ready. Now next year, quite possibly---I could see him being a star in his 2nd year. Now right about now somebody always likes to post "you draft based on potential". This is also a load of crap as well---don't all the other guys in front of him (now) have potential as well? It's rare these days to have many 4th year players (seniors) going in the lottery--which means they all have potential!

You're spot on Cuseguy. He has had two horrific games in a row (not a bash---I simply state the facts):

Today 0-4, 3 pts, 4 rebs

And you folks think just because Chad Ford thinks he is going to be a 1st rounder (possibly even a lottery pick) that he is gone after this year? Chad Ford doesn't know his head from his arse. Who in their right mind would waste a lottery pick right now on Chris--there are a plethora of much better choices right now of guys closer to being ready. Now next year, quite possibly---I could see him being a star in his 2nd year. Now right about now somebody always likes to post "you draft based on potential". This is also a load of crap as well---don't all the other guys in front of him (now) have potential as well? It's rare these days to have many 4th year players (seniors) going in the lottery--which means they all have potential!
He gone.

Today 0-4, 3 pts, 4 rebs

I actually really wish you were right. But I don't think so. He will be a first round pick and he will go.

And Roberson will be a very good PF next year anyway, so we'll be ok. It won't be as damaging (and not nearly as unexpected coming into the year) as losing Ennis after 1 was.

I actually really wish you were right. But I don't think so. He will be a first round pick and he will go.

And Roberson will be a very good PF next year anyway, so we'll be ok. It won't be as damaging (and not nearly as unexpected coming into the year) as losing Ennis after 1 was.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying it's not possible for him to go in the first round after this season. I am just saying the difference between going say 25th this year and being in the early lottery next year (lets conservatively say 5-10 range even though it could be higher by then) is millions of dollars. So unless his family is in dire straights (and I know nothing about his situation), it makes no sense financially to not wait one extra year for all this extra dough.

Agree on Roberson--two great games in a row--Tyler has arrived! I think we'll see a legitimate 6-man rotation going forward (all getting big minutes).

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying it's not possible for him to go in the first round after this season. I am just saying the difference between going say 25th this year and being in the early lottery next year (lets conservatively say 5-10 range even though it could be higher by then) is millions of dollars. So unless his family is in dire straights (and I know nothing about his situation), it makes no sense financially to not wait one extra year for all this extra dough.

Agree on Roberson--two great games in a row--Tyler has arrived! I think we'll see a legitimate 6-man rotation going forward (all getting big minutes).

I hear you. But I swear, this is what is said every single time we have someone who "might" go early...and they always go! I can't remember the last one who didn't.

Seemed like the guards weren't passing to the big men as much as they have been. Especially in the second half. Seemed like the opportunities were there.

Eh, a couple issues.

I think in the first half the guards were playing so well that we didn't try to get it in much. Which was fine - we were slicing and dicing and everyone was contributing.

In the second half the guards (Joseph/G) were kind of just playing awful all around and never setting up the offense.

It also seemed like we changed strategy a bit and were trying to run the offense with Rak out at the three point line (Cooney for the backdoor play). Trouble with that was, Cooney was running around like a madman and only broke open once, and everyone else stood still and Christmas was kind of lost. Led to a lot of empty possessions.

Finally, Ochefu was allowed to foul Rak in the post almost endlessly. My god he was practically going through him at some points to dislodge him from the post.

Finally, finally, Joseph and G are awful at feeding the post.

Non existant today, starting to trend downward rapidly...which means chad ford now has him in the top 5
didn't you get the memo, it's not watch you actually do or did anymore, it what you MIGHT do, down the road that counts.

6'10? Check
7'4 wingspan? Check
19 years old? Check
Made 1 three pointer this year? Check

Yup sounds like a lottery pick and "The next KG"

I'm not bashing McC, I think and hope he's a stud for SU next year and scores 18 ppg, but he's not even close to being ready for the NBA within 8 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom