Mcw owes us one... | Syracusefan.com

Mcw owes us one...

Jake

Mod
No problem with the decision to stall, but how the f does Brandon not touché the ball in the final three minutes.

Mcw made some horrific decisions down the stretch. If your going to dominate the ball, you better make fts. Which he didn't.

Learn from it and move on.

exactly- no one is immune this year.. 11am start.. no james .. week long layoff after two big wins.. it happens. regroup and get back after it .. we stole the last two. cant live that way as eventually it bites back.

Missed FT's and not getting the board on the missed 3 by Nova at the end of regulation.

The 0-10 start didn't help either.

The decision to go to the isolation for MCW down the stretch was fatal. Bad move by JB.

I think coach is trying to develop him for later in the year. An unfortunate problem with the Southerland ineligibility is that it just clogs the lane all the more. His drives to the lane are against 4 people and if he doesnt get fouled, he doesnt score. And lately when he does get fouled, he makes one of two

Mike "The Hero" Carter Williams... Brandon had us on his back late... how do you not let him touch the ball... It's almost as if he gets jealous that Brandon is doin well and wants to one up him...extremely selfish, as well as AWFUL coaching by JB... disappointing

Brandon was not perfect. I believe he missed some big free throws and he couldnt even walk without falling in the final minute. that was a terrible missed layup

I have no problem with running down the shot clock, but when you have a plethora of timeouts, why not use one to with around 15 seconds left. Diagram something other than the high ball screen prayer.

Brandon was not perfect. I believe he missed some big free throws and he couldnt even walk without falling in the final minute. that was a terrible missed layup
might have been a little winded at that point.

No problem with the decision to stall, but how the f does Brandon not touché the ball in the final three minutes.

Mcw made some horrific decisions down the stretch. If your going to dominate the ball, you better make fts. Which he didn't.

Brandon needs to have a one on one with MCW and make it clear he needs the ball when he is feeling it.

Brandon needs to have a one on one with MCW and make it clear he needs the ball when he is feeling it.
Not just when he's feeling it, HE NEEDS to be our end of game guy, PERIOD

I don't blame him for that missed layup, the court seemed slippery all day

Bad game by JB. At this stage you can't put the whole game in MCW's hands with the stall. His decision making is questionable and his FT shooting is inconsistent. We were winning the game up 6 with 3 minutes. Keep doing what is working and don't change the flow of the game. Also JB's strategy of not fouling with a 3 pt lead and a few seconds left bit us today. I agree with the camp that says foul and give the 2 FT's rather than let the other team get a chance for the tying 3 pointer.

I disagree with the decision to stall. I felt from about the 6 minute mark (or so -- when we were down 53-52) down to when we started to stall, we were playing well enough to win the game and it was some of our best ball on both ends of the court for the day. Triche had just hit a three and followed it up with a bucket and looked like he was heating up. Two minutes later, he wasn't touching the rock.

By playing stall ball, we were (1) making MCW try to create a shot in 8 seconds, when he hadn't that done very well all day (2) relying on MCW to hit his FTs when he was struggling from the line. With the way refs were calling fouls, we knew he was going to the line.

I guess hind-sight is 20/20, though.

Moving on -- let's just hope an extra hour to wake up vs. Pitt will help us...

He wants to be the hero, sometimes it works and when it doesn't he looks awful. He waved off Brandon at one point so it's not on JB, MCW wanted the ball and wouldn't give it up unless it was to throw it at our bigs in impossible positions to catch it.

I don't blame him for that missed layup, the court seemed slippery all day

This is why I hate playing games in arenas that host NHL teams. Seriously, a little bit of condensation kept Brandon from making a simple layup.

The bottom line is this: you don't make free throws in a close game, bad things happen. You don't rebound in a close game, bad things happen. You play lousy defense late in a close game, bad things happen. We lost this game as much as Villanova won it.

A very painful loss. This one is mostly on MCW. He missed free throws to ice the thing and then missed again in the OT. brutal.

Plus, I'm not so sure I liked JB's idea to go with the small line-up in OT. I thought he should have ridden DC2 longer.

what bothered me about stall ball is we waited until the last 11 seconds instead of starting the offense with around 17 seconds which at least offers more than one look.

This is why I hate playing games in arenas that host NHL teams. Seriously, a little bit of condensation kept Brandon from making a simple layup.

The bottom line is this: you don't make free throws in a close game, bad things happen. You don't rebound in a close game, bad things happen. You play lousy defense late in a close game, bad things happen. We lost this game as much as Villanova won it.

A very painful loss. This one is mostly on MCW. He missed free throws to ice the thing and then missed again in the OT. brutal.

Plus, I'm not so sure I liked JB's idea to go with the small line-up in OT. I thought he should have ridden DC2 longer.

Hate the small lineup

Pretty sure he already got us 1, a week ago today.

The stallball failed us miserably today. No other way to put it. No debate necessary.

Sure, the rebound and the missed ft hurt us - but we shouldnt have been going 1 on 3 with 7 seconds to go on the shot clock the last 5 possessions.

The decision to go to the isolation for MCW down the stretch was fatal. Bad move by JB.

The infamous #stallball

the decision to have Coleman in the high post when the offense started with 8 seconds left is also very questionable in my opinion. he's not a pick & roll type player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom