Melo overrated? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Melo overrated?

Pick a side! Is George or Leonard the best defensive player in the league! You can't keep saying they both are! :)

You really wouldn't argue that hard if someone said George is the 3rd best player in the league? That would be a tough pill for me to swallow. 3???

Did I ever say George was the best defensive player in the league? I was referring to Leonard both times I said that; may have been confusing.

I see a couple of Durant scenarios.
1. He signs a 1 yr extension to wait for the spike in NBA TV money and be a FA with Russell Westbrook.
2. He wants to go LA and the Clippers make a sign and trade with OKC for Blake Griffin. Griffin is from OK so it could work.
3. He wants to go GS and they move Iguadola and have the cap space to get him.
4, Jay-Z pushes him to Brooklyn, Knicks or Lakers

I rank them

Did I ever say George was the best defensive player in the league? I was referring to Leonard both times I said that; may have been confusing.

I rank them
I think its about 90% likely he is going to do the 1 year extension. Westbrook wants the Lakers nex year though is what everyone is saying. He would be the Lakers best recruiter to get Durant. That is why the Lakers should be tanking this season and developing D'Angelo Russell instead Byron Scott is killing that kids confidence.

I think its about 90% likely he is going to do the 1 year extension. Westbrook wants the Lakers nex year though is what everyone is saying. He would be the Lakers best recruiter to get Durant. That is why the Lakers should be tanking this season and developing D'Angelo Russell instead Byron Scott is killing that kids confidence.

The one year deal makes the most sense; maybe a 1 and a player option. I'd be surprised if Westbrook goes to a barren Laker roster though

I was just joking Knicks :) I think earlier you mentioned George as the best, but I may have read it wrong.

Okay, I checked, pretty sure I did read it wrong!

The one year deal makes the most sense; maybe a 1 and a player option. I'd be surprised if Westbrook goes to a barren Laker roster though

Aka "the LeBron special".

Btw, I agree. I think he should do a 1+ 1 player option and run it back with Russ one more time.

It's impossible to say because he's not on any other team, and maybe on another team he's not the third best player (though maybe he is) but what exactly do you think doesn't translate? I'd expect him to basically be the best defensive player in the league no matter where he is. His efficiency numbers might drop a bit on a lesser team, but his counting stats would probably go up. I don't watch him and think he's being propped up, for lack of a better term, by the team he's on. He's the biggest reason they're as good as they are.

Of course, then I look at the Spurs splits when he sits vs. when he plays; they're 15.5 points better than the opposition per 100 possessions when he plays, and 13 per 100 better when he sits. So, who knows, maybe you're right.
I'm not sure Leonard has an alpha dog mentality. He's been blessed to grow in to bigger and bigger roles because he's been surrounded by an extraordinary amount of leadership from front office, to coach, to other players. It's unusual.

So if the question is, pick the guy you want to start a franchise with, I don't see him as being a guy you start with. I don't think that's his makeup. I could be wrong, but Melo, Durant, Lebron were all the guy from day one. That's who they are.

You guys are WAY overrating the Knicks talent.

PG - Nobody. Literally we'd be better with nobody playing point. 4 on 5

As a Raptor fan who endered the "Ole" D from Calderon I feel your pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom