Melo | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
"he'll be ready for our 1st game"
"he'll play vs gonzaga"
"he'll def be ready for the sweet 16"
"I think he'll be ready if we make it to final 4"

I know for a fact that he would've been ready for Overtime in the National championship game...

"he'll be ready for our 1st game"
"he'll play vs gonzaga"
"he'll def be ready for the sweet 16"
"I think he'll be ready if we make it to final 4"

Everyone said he would be back but his Mom, she said, "I don'r know my son does not handle pain very well". lol

Take is for what you will, but i've heard from a typically reliable source that Melo is done for the year. Hoping this is not true, but a friend of mine works with someone on the board at Cuse and that's the scoop he's heard.

Board members shouldn't trust any thing they hear from Scoop. He's simply not reliable in these sorts of matters.

On a serious note; can I call B.S. on this one. This is the Take in on the Run source ...

Heard it from a friend who (to you from your friend)
Heard it from a friend who (to your friend from co worker Board member)
Heard it from another (to Board Member from unofficial source - because I suspect this wasn't reported at a Board meeting)

What I find interesting is this must be something he has known about for a while. I am suprised the decision was not provided and then appealed sooner that it was. I know when I went through something similar it was all handled and taken care of two weeks before 2nd semester started. I just don't understand it prolonging this far out. I have to say considering that fact that I am of the "opinion" that optimism should be at 40% not 50%. Hopefully an opportunity to overcome the academic issue was not ignored and then an appeal filed. Again just my opinion.. I know nothing.

melowatch.jpg

What I find interesting is this must be something he has known about for a while. I am suprised the decision was not provided and then appealed sooner that it was. I know when I went through something similar it was all handled and taken care of two weeks before 2nd semester started. I just don't understand it prolonging this far out. I have to say considering that fact that I am of the "opinion" that optimism should be at 40% not 50%. Hopefully an opportunity to overcome the academic issue was not ignored and then an appeal filed. Again just my opinion.. I know nothing.

It was the worst kept secret for a while... the rumors were swirling for a month.

It was the worst kept secret for a while... the rumors were swirling for a month.
Good Point.. I know there were subtle hints and various renditions of the rumor. Although in comparison to past issues/events I would say it was well kept to a degree. I remember how the Devo fight got out of hand in a hurry with so many different variations.

So this is the latest rumor?

An answer key was mistakenly attached to the final for a certain class, invalidating the final for everyone in the class which 4 athletes were taking (including Melo). The options are to take the average of previous exams as a final grade, or retake the final.

Any validity to this?

An answer key was mistakenly attached to the final for a certain class, invalidating the final for everyone in the class which 4 athletes were taking (including Melo). The options are to take the average of previous exams as a final grade, or retake the final.

Any validity to this?
No, according to Bees, which is good enough for me.

Any validity to this?

Someone on cuseorange said they had info thats about what this is. They posted Saturday before the game. Basically something was fouled up with someone cheating (not Fab)and the test answers being out, so everyone had to retake the test suppossedly today. That is not the same thing I have been reading here, but this is not a new rumor either. Said poster seemed think it was just a matter of Fab retaking and passing.

Someone on cuseorange said they had info thats about what this is. They posted Saturday before the game. Basically something was fouled up with someone cheating (not Fab)and the test answers being out, so everyone had to retake the test suppossedly today. That is not the same thing I have been reading here, but this is not a new rumor either. Said poster seemed think it was just a matter of Fab retaking and passing.

I don't really buy that, because if it was a matter of having kids retake a test, I would assume that the athletic department would be able to exert enough pressure on the prof/school to ensure that the test administered quick enough that there we no potential for missed games.

could be that he took the test yesterday and it hasnt been graded yet

I don't really buy that, because if it was a matter of having kids retake a test, I would assume that the athletic department would be able to exert enough pressure on the prof/school to ensure that the test administered quick enough that there we no potential for missed games.

Pretty sure this was a Saved by the bell episode.

I'm just saying what was posted, personally I have no idea what is going on and am hoping he is back for Sat game just like everyone else. Just saying that I read this same type of thing Saturday afternoon.

I'm just saying what was posted, personally I have no idea what is going on and am hoping he is back for Sat game just like everyone else. Just saying that I read this same type of thing Saturday afternoon.

I would think, if this was known Sat, that the athletic department would have moved heaven and earth to make sure that Fab was readministered the test and that it was graded in time for him to hop a play yesterday morning to play against Cinncy.

I would think, if this was known Sat, that the athletic department would have moved heaven and earth to make sure that Fab was readministered the test and that it was graded in time for him to hop a play yesterday morning to play against Cinncy.

Who knows, not me thats for sure.

Why do people think the longer it goes on the less likely he plays? If his appeal was denied wouldnt that just be it, game over. Seems that would be a quicker decision then re-instating him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom