Melo | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I don't think he will have much of a choice

Hes a fringe 1st rounder he could try and get reinstated but that requires work and dedication something fab clearly lacks with the books, not ragging on the kid its just the way it is

Yeah, I'm gonna reveal my sources to make you happy. Don't hold your breath.

Sorry dude, wow i cant be concerned with the starting 7-0 center who could be the key for us getting to the Final four and winning a championship. Sorry if i want to win another National Championship

I agree...but maybe when we find out what happened it will be more clear if Fab is solely to blame.

No one is ever going to definitively find out what happened, one way or another, in my opinion

Sorry dude, wow i cant be concerned with the starting 7-0 center who could be the key for us getting to the Final four and winning a championship. Sorry if i want to win another National Championship

When Jake says it, trust him.

If insiders reveal their sources, they won't have sources anymore. Get it?

No one says you can't be concerned... who isn't?

...But what does that have to do with anyone revealing their sources?

You don't want to believe him, your perogative...

Just as it's his perogative to keep his source confidential...

No one says you can't be concerned... who isn't?

...But what does that have to do with anyone revealing their sources?

You don't want to believe him, your perogative...

Just as it's his perogative to keep his source confidential...

Im still a young buck, still have stuff to learn. I just didnt see this coming with Fab and this team was rolling and to have something like this potentially mess it up sucks. Probally with me its more not wanting to hear potential sources that bring bad news instead of good news, thats it

What worries me is that he is technically ineligible now and needs the ok to get eligible. Wish it was the other way around. Tough to convince someone to flip that switch unless they are gravely mistaken.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just don't see why all the "insiders" on this board, mods or whoever they are need to keep the rest of the board in the dark when they clearly know what happened. That to me is pretty lame.

I'm not saying you need to tell us how you know or came to get that information or from whom, but clearly the board respects you to be "in the know." if that's the case then share the whole story.

If you weren't going to do that from jump, you never should have posted anything about it at all.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned is that this is a kid who taught himself English by watching television. Even with a lot of support I wouldn't want to go to a college in another country to learn in a language I have only been speaking for a few years.

I don't want to make excuses for Fab, but a lot of us fail to realize/remember (myself included) that he isn't your typical college sophomore in a lot of ways.

I have a few students who speak English as a second language (and have been speaking it much longer than Fab) and still struggle mightily especially with writing.

I just don't see why all the "insiders" on this board, mods or whoever they are need to keep the rest of the board in the dark when they clearly know what happened. That to me is pretty lame.

I'm not saying you need to tell us how you know or came to get that information or from whom, but clearly the board respects you to be "in the know." if that's the case then share the whole story.

If you weren't going to do that from jump, you never should have posted anything about it at all.

Revealing specific information, especially regarding academics, would violate FERPA, and could leave whoever posts that information, or more likely, whoever the source of that information is, at risk of violating it.

Im still a young buck, still have stuff to learn. I just didnt see this coming with Fab and this team was rolling and to have something like this potentially mess it up sucks. Probally with me its more not wanting to hear potential sources that bring bad news instead of good news, thats it

Dude if this is the worst thing in life that happens to you...consider yourself lucky. Noone wants him reinstated more than me but it is what it is.

just relax and see what happens. he hasn't stated anything for certain. back in 2004, Jake was shocked to learn that McCroskey had been reinstated - I think he was more than 25/75 against on that one.

this is not a shot at Jake, just pointing out that he has not said anything definitive yet.

DAMN RIGHT!!!! YOU MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH!!!!

just relax and see what happens. he hasn't stated anything for certain. back in 2004, Jake was shocked to learn that McCroskey had been reinstated - I think he was more than 25/75 against on that one.

this is not a shot at Jake, just pointing out that he has not said anything definitive yet.

Agreed you need to let things play out here, theres a lot of rumors about what the issues are and arent. In time it will all likely come out or enough to put the pieces together.

Dude if this is the worst thing in life that happens to you...consider yourself lucky. Noone wants him reinstated more than me but it is what it is.

Exactly, i mean at a point this year we were checking the board routinely to see if our school was turning into penn st...this is obviously dissapointing but lets keep things inperspective

Not sure when it will be resolved.

Hey at least you were wrong about which hat DC2 was going to pick!! I love it when you are wrong! ;)

(please note that I am not taking a shot at Jake...j/k)

Hey at least you were wrong about which hat DC2 was going to pick!! I love it when you are wrong! ;)

(please note that I am not taking a shot at Jake...j/k)

just hope we wont have to worry bout DC2 next year in the coming years academically, cause what ppl have said bout him as a student i dont knew if its true or not

I don't understand the "he is selfish" attitude. Some of you make it sound like noone ever fails out of college, when the reality is that nearly 50% of the people that enroll in college, fail to get a degree! It is true that as a student athlete of a revenue producing sport, he gets quite a few advantages that other students do not get, but it doesn't mean that he is selfish!

It sounds more like distraught fans who worry more about the sport than they do about the kids that play it. You know who you are. Shame on you!

Hes a fringe 1st rounder he could try and get reinstated but that requires work and dedication something fab clearly lacks with the books, not ragging on the kid its just the way it is
that is my point, any chance of going pro > working to get eligible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors