Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans

Somehow, we broke even on that road trip. You know what they say: play .500 ball on the road and win at home...

Somehow, we broke even on that road trip. You know what they say: play .500 ball on the road and win at home...

If the Mets sweep the Phillies this weekend, the Nationals get swept by the Cardinals and the Mets sweep the Nationals next week, they will still be 4.5 games out of first place. Best case scenario, which isn't going to happen. I hope they are sellers at the trade deadline. This false hope by management is what leads to mediocrity. I'd be shocked if the Mets get within 7 games of the division lead again at any point this season.

If the Mets sweep the Phillies this weekend, the Nationals get swept by the Cardinals and the Mets sweep the Nationals next week, they will still be 4.5 games out of first place. Best case scenario, which isn't going to happen. I hope they are sellers at the trade deadline. This false hope by management is what leads to mediocrity. I'd be shocked if the Mets get within 7 games of the division lead again at any point this season.

The division is done, the wild card is the only hope, need to sweep philly this weekend.

The division is done, the wild card is the only hope, need to sweep philly this weekend.

9.5 out of the wildcard isn't too much better. The only hope is that the Rockies, Diamondbacks and Dodgers play each other 20 times. We need the Rockies to go on a free fall.

That's the Mets. They never get horrible any more. They hang in there, give us some hope and then disappoint us or get hurt.

Still, I'm a bird in the hand guy by nature and I hope they don't just sell off what talent they have left to cash in on it. I hate that.

9.5 out of the wildcard isn't too much better. The only hope is that the Rockies, Diamondbacks and Dodgers play each other 20 times. We need the Rockies to go on a free fall.

The Dodgers might be the best team in baseball, they are winning the west, The Nationals aren't blowing a big lead. I am not a believer in Arizona, and I like the Rockies offense, but they have major pitching issues, our best chance is Arizona and Col.

That's the Mets. They never get horrible any more. They hang in there, give us some hope and then disappoint us or get hurt.

Still, I'm a bird in the hand guy by nature and I hope they don't just sell off what talent they have left to cash in on it. I hate that.

Most of the people they'd trade are guys who aren't going to be here next year. Duda, Walker, Granderson, Bruce. Reed is a FA, it's possible they bring him back, I dunno.

So you were against the Dickey trade?

Most of the people they'd trade are guys who aren't going to be here next year. Duda, Walker, Granderson, Bruce. Reed is a FA, it's possible they bring him back, I dunno.

I don't know why people are rushing the trade talks, we are still a month away from the deadline, still time to decide to buy or sell or stay put.

I don't know why people are rushing the trade talks, we are still a month away from the deadline, still time to decide to buy or sell or stay put.

I think it's just the natural thing to talk about. Trade market won't heat up for another few weeks in all likelihood.

Hated it. I didn't say I'm always right. I just don't like to get rid of guys who have done good things for us and still have value.

(Branch Rickey would tell me that that's exactly why you do it.)

Hated it. I didn't say I'm always right. I just don't like to get rid of guys who have done good things for us and still have value.

(Branch Rickey would tell me that that's exactly why you do it.)

Respect the honesty. Course i liked getting Thor but thought Dunno was the key piece

That's it: you trade a known quantity for "dunno".

Sure. Let me just make a few points though

1) RA Dickey won the CY Young the year we traded him. He has stayed healthy and been a league average pitcher since then, which has a ton of value, but the Mets traded him at peak value
2) Most of the people the Mets are talking about trading won't be on the roster next year. Would you prefer they just walk as FA?

Hey guys, remember when David Wright was in the home run derby? Me neither. Quite a display from Judge tonight. I guess it's due to a mixture of history, injuries and bad ownership/management, but it seems like for every year of Mets greatness, the Yankees have 5 years of greatness. Would love to see the Mets put up more than two solid years of play in a row but guess I'm asking too much.

Hey guys, remember when David Wright was in the home run derby? Me neither. Quite a display from Judge tonight. I guess it's due to a mixture of history, injuries and bad ownership/management, but it seems like for every year of Mets greatness, the Yankees have 5 years of greatness. Would love to see the Mets put up more than two solid years of play in a row but guess I'm asking too much.

Seriously its a home run derby, its not a big deal, Judge is great, can we slow down on the Yankee greatness, they are 4 games over 500.

Seriously its a home run derby, its not a big deal, Judge is great, can we slow down on the Yankee greatness, they are 4 games over 500.

Compared to 8 games under .500, that's pretty great. I'd take a quarter of the success the Yankees have had the past twenty years. That would literally be one title. That's all I'm asking for.

Compared to 8 games under .500, that's pretty great. I'd take a quarter of the success the Yankees have had the past twenty years. That would literally be one title. That's all I'm asking for.

I mean ya who wouldn't, but the Yankees didn't even make the playoffs last year, we were in the World Series two years ago, and the playoffs last year. Its not like the Yankees have won anything recently, or are World Series contenders this year. I still like our future going forward, its been a bad year, but we still have Thor, Degrom, Matz,Conforto, Rosario, Dom Smith, with the right moves we could be good again next year.

Regardless of how many trades they are able to pull off this month, next year's team will look nothing like the one we are fielding this year. Sandy might not even be back, but I hope he takes the best interest of the team to heart anyway, and trades as many of the FAs as possible to re-stock the farm system before he heads off to retirement

will 1 of you guys please drop by the Yankee thread and take Briancuse home???

the mets lost season seems to have made him...well...a little lost.

will 1 of you guys please drop by the Yankee thread and take Briancuse home???

the mets lost season seems to have made him...well...a little lost.

He's yours now. He's been traded for a Bareburger and some Mighty Quinn's BBQ. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom