Michigan State | Syracusefan.com

Michigan State

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Anyone else think that they didn't look quite as daunting last night? I've only seen them a few times this year, and while they crash the glass, are a "tough" team and like to play in the high-50s, low-60s, there are not many facets of their game that left me feeling that SU would really struggle with them. Their guards didn't look particularly quick and they're not the biggest team in the world, which falls into SU's hands. You'd have to imagine that SU's 1s and 2s could drive regularly.

A big problem would be Green in the middle of the 2-3. He's a good shooter, smart player and can finish at the basket, though, if he had to cover Joseph on the wing, I think he could be a defensive liability, especially getting out in transition.

they look "daunting" when they play mediocre teams, which is mostly what they have played

If they somehow grab a 1 seed theyd be one of the weaker 1 seeds i can remember. According to my "eye test" they look more like a 3 or 4 seed (they should have lost at minnesota 2 games ago and were never in the game last nite), not a scary team, but every michigan st team is like that and they always make a deep run.

I've watched them a number of times this year, they don't scare me. One man team that can be neutralized with some mediocre and some blech around him.

No matter how they look in February, Michigan St has earned my respect and fear based on what they have done in March since 2000. A number of their teams that look only mediocore at this time, have reached the final four.

The problem with Mich State is they are star gazing. Green is literally having an all american season and they are giving him little help (last night was a perfect example).

Plus as Upstate said defensively he isn great. How many transition buckets did Zeller have last night? He isnt quick enough to play that middle.

No team should scare us...we're capable of beating anyone.
But Indiana looked great...homecourt notwithstanding.
Would be an interesting match up.

Their PG Appling looked very bad Scoopish last night. Multiple out of control drives into traffic with a bad shot or turnover, launching rainbow threes with 30+ on the clock etc.

Locks as a far as I concerned as long as Michigan State beats Ohio State on Sunday.
East- 1.Syracuse 2. Ohio State/Duke/UNC
South- 1.Kentucky 2. Ohio State/Duke/UNC
Midwest- 1. Kansas/Missouri 2. Michigan State
West- 1. Duke/North Carolina 2. Kansas/Missouri

I WANT MSU as our 2 seed... who's with me?

I think you're nuts. This is exactly the type of team/coach you dont want anywhere near our bracket. At all.

Michigan State has played mostly mediocre teams? Really?

MSU wins against ranked teams: Indiana, at Wisconsin, Michigan, at Ohio State, Wisconsin - nothing in non-conference outside of a decent win at Gonzaga

I think you're nuts. This is exactly the type of team/coach you dont want anywhere near our bracket. At all.
Literally every possible 2 seed has been called a "matchup nightmare" for us. Here's what people on this board have said about:
MSU: too good rebounding/coaching/past tourney success
UNC: too big/too many future pros
Mizz: too good of guards/shooters/drivers/quick
Duke: too good of a coach/shooters

Make up your mind, fellas! Bring on anyone, hell, I'll take Kentucky as the 4 in our region. F them.

MSU is a well coached team with a good track record in the NCAA tournament, I am not scared of anyone but it's one game, not a huge reach that they could upset us

I said this before in a previous thread... college basketball, like all sports, are independent. Syracuse's past performances in the 80's tournaments have zero correlation with this team. MSU's runs in 2007-2009 have zero to do with that team now. All different kids, minus Green and a couple more seniors.

I said this before in a previous thread... college basketball, like all sports, are independent. Syracuse's past performances in the 80's tournaments have zero correlation with this team. MSU's runs in 2007-2009 have zero to do with that team now. All different kids, minus Green and a couple more seniors.
but for the top programs, with occasional exceptions, the coaches and the systems that they run are constants

MSU wins against ranked teams: Indiana, at Wisconsin, Michigan, at Ohio State, Wisconsin - nothing in non-conference outside of a decent win at Gonzaga
Did you ever watch Michigan or Wisconsin play? Ohio State I will give you, and maybe Indiana, depending on which team shows up.

Did you ever watch Michigan or Wisconsin play? Ohio State I will give you, and maybe Indiana, depending on which team shows up.

I'm a UofM alum so I've seen Michigan plenty, and having seen a lot of Big Ten basketball, I think the whole conference is insanely overrated this year.

There's no team in the Big Ten outside of Ohio State that scares me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom