Mid-season swoon | Syracusefan.com

Mid-season swoon

Fab doesn't shoot three-pointers and only averages less than 6 rebounds a game. Final Four train will be derailed way before New Orleans if we don't improve our shooting or rebounding.

Exactly. This is our midseason swoon. Last year we lost four in a row and six out of eight. We've played really poorly since even Pitt (after the insane opening minutes) and are 3-1 over that span. That's pretty amazing.

The week off is going to do wonders for the team. Can't wait for the Garden next week. And I'm incredibly grateful to CTO for posting the link to the BAO site for the new t-shirts for the game.

We just had a week off...and then we played like shite today.

We just had a week off...and then we played like shite today.

We just played 3 games in 7 days. All without fab. Now we play 0 in 6 days.

There's a bunch of guys that are definitely in a slump right now: Dion, KJo, Fair and Southerland. None of them are playing (or shooting) well right now.

Slumps are typical in any sports season. This is the typical time of year JB's teams slump. I'd rather slump (yet still find ways to win) in Jan/Feb than slump in March.

We will get it together and hit our stride for a season ending run.

In a week we won't even remember this final score. We're 22-1, having played the last 3-4 games like garbage.
Every top team I've watched has swooned & played like crap at points- the special ones pull out games like today's.
We get the BB (Big Ba$turd) back by SJU, & we get back on track. Good win.

Nothing good about that game seriously. Other then Scoop showing how good he is, and Triche showing he can be big time.

To much one on one offense.

I don't think I saw one screen for Joseph. How is that? Our tallest rim attacker and you can't get him a screen?

Not one dribble kick dribble that is nuts.
Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have a possession with more then 4 passes.

Lucky to win this win, but WVU had some luck as well.

No offensive flow. It had its big shots, it had some nice transition, but didn't have any consistant flow tonight.

36 to 20 rebounds 15 offensive boards. Can't catch a ball under the basket without fumbling it around the baseline.

Will make a good game tape on what happens if we play like that.

A wake up call that we get a win out of not to bad.

I doubt we'll see Fab 'til G'Town. Team needs to work on shooting and rebounding. How many wide open threes has Kris missed lately? :bat:

Fab doesn't shoot three-pointers and only averages less than 6 rebounds a game. Final Four train will be derailed way before New Orleans if we don't improve our shooting or rebounding.

Team is in a collective shooting slump. It happens. Theyre still finding ways to win. If kjo, scoop, dion, dirty, etc continue to brick wide open 3's for the rest of the season then yea, final four probably aint happening. They keep getting those looks they'll start knocking them down like they were earlier.

Triche is shooting pretty good.

4-8 against Cincy
7-12 today. Not to bad.

Nothing good about that game seriously. Other then Scoop showing how good he is, and Triche showing he can be big time.

Isn't a win in a game where nothing is good, good?

I doubt we'll see Fab 'til G'Town. Team needs to work on shooting and rebounding. How many wide open threes has Kris missed lately? :bat:
when is the last time kris or southerland hit a 3?

Triche is shooting okay. Not great.

When most everyone else is ice cold, I'll take one guy playing "okay".

when is the last time kris or southerland hit a 3?
Kris hit one or two against Cincy. Dirty is ice cold from three for the past month or so.

Kris hit one or two against Cincy. Dirty is ice cold from three for the past month or so.
nope, they both were 0fer in the last 2 games, but southerland hit 3 against ND and KJo hit 2

which is kind of funny because we lost the ND and then won the last 2 without them hitting a 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom