Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story"

Did he try to get a statement from lord and Taylor? Did he try to get a statement from SU?

This is why we need to nuke threads about this BS if unsubstantiated. All we do is create an online echo chamber that impacts search results and other crap.

There is no way a guy like ML is going to sit on this and go through proper journalistic protocols - that's not his gig.

Oh, and there is this:

PayneInsider.com@PayneInsider
@Zonacats1 @CBSSports Seems as such. He was with a "group" (maybe one takes the fall) including, an unidentified Syracuse football player.

View conversation

2h
Prominent @CBSSports Senior Basketball writer has confirmed my Michael Carter-Williams shoplifting arrest. However, charges WON'T BE filed.

Expand

3h
Carter-Williams ALLEGED shoplifting occurred at Carousel Mall. Picture taken outside Footaction. Unidentified Cuse football player was w him

Expand

4h
@VtFreed @PDpie10 Makes him 6'8, 285 pounds. Pic taken outside Footaction in Carousel Mall (Syracuse, NY). Cuse football player was w/ him.

View conversation

5h
**BREAKING** #Syracuse star Michael Carter-Williams picked up by Lord and Taylor loss prevention for shoplifting.http://instagr.am/p/TDpoVHIzWC/

Bottom line is this, unless there was an arrest, I'm not sure this is reportable. SPD issue a statement? Is it on the blotter?

not that this is legit but according to twitter.com/payneinsider there will be no charges.

according to mcw this was a misunderstanding.

not sure exactly went down - but im not too worried at this point.

close to libel..but im too tired to get into laws and such. haha

Worse at their respective profession:

Mike Lindsley - sports radio host OR Ryan Lindley - professional quarterback?
I'll tell you who's more handsome...and I've never seen the QB

Bottom line is this, unless there was an arrest, I'm not sure this is reportable. SPD issue a statement? Is it on the blotter?

But according to SWC, Lindsley is discussing the story as if it's fact. How do you get the toothpaste back in the tube?

This is why we need to nuke threads about this BS if unsubstantiated. All we do is create an online echo chamber that impacts search results and other crap.

There is no way a guy like ML is going to sit on this and go through proper journalistic protocols - that's not his gig.

Oh, and there is this:

@Zonacats1 @CBSSports Seems as such. He was with a "group" (maybe one takes the fall) including, an unidentified Syracuse football player.

View conversation

2h
Prominent @CBSSports Senior Basketball writer has confirmed my Michael Carter-Williams shoplifting arrest. However, charges WON'T BE filed.

Expand

3h
Carter-Williams ALLEGED shoplifting occurred at Carousel Mall. Picture taken outside Footaction. Unidentified Cuse football player was w him

Expand

4h
@VtFreed @PDpie10 Makes him 6'8, 285 pounds. Pic taken outside Footaction in Carousel Mall (Syracuse, NY). Cuse football player was w/ him.

View conversation

5h
**BREAKING** #Syracuse star Michael Carter-Williams picked up by Lord and Taylor loss prevention for shoplifting.http://instagr.am/p/TDpoVHIzWC/
Wonder what Jonny Detroit has to say.

Isn't Payne the clown that ran with the "pointshaving" rumors a few years ago?

Or he related to the Dude of WV?

I thought it was that YNN guy?
YNN put the rumor on his blog, first posted on pocketfives, and ran with it, without using "alleged." That's my recollection.

I thought it was that YNN guy?

that was the site where the fire was started.

the guy from rochester poured gas on the fire.

right I forgot that he just ran with it without even blinking an eye. Dolt.

you want my theory? you got my theory...

He found some cool Christmas signage and tried to take it to give to Rakeem.

They detained him and let him go.

Same thing happened to my when i 'stole' free samples of cologne when i was in 6th grade.
sounds plausible . . . don't mind the nancies; keep hypothesizing

Why hypothecate when it could be detrimental to the team? Let the facts come out first.

Once the bell has rung it can't be unrung what a POS this Mike Lindsley is. When I took journalism course we were taught NEVER report something unless you have TWO not one independent sources, well this POS is running with one source who at best is relying on hearsay evidence. Honestly, I feel for the people in the 315 if this clown is getting paid to talk sports and starts speculation like this, and I was about to post the Insider article where Chad Ford and Jay Bilas state the best PG with the most upside is MCW and Chad Ford called him a lottery pick and if his jumper improves a top 5 pick.

I was driving to lunch in my car and heard Mike "break" the story. He said that there is a rumor going around about MCW that he stole something from Lord & Taylor but since he didn't see it with his own eyes he doesn't know whether it's true or not. Then he talked about it some more, all the time saying he can't say it's true. It was very irresponsible and unprofessional.

Oh, and there is this:

View conversation
2h

Expand
3h

Expand
4h

View conversation
5h

Internet 101.

You cannot simply retweet a story ... you have to embellish it.

The next twitter will say that the entire FB team was with him, and that DestinyUSA hired Bigfoot to work security.

Guys, why are we still debating what happened? A girl tweeted it MULTIPLE TIMES. That's good enough for me.

Internet 101.

You cannot simply retweet a story ... you have to embellish it.

The next twitter will say that the entire FB teams was with him, and that DestinyUSA hired Bigfoot to work security.
Wait, that wasn't John Syracuse working security?

Why hypothecate when it could be detrimental to the team? Let the facts come out first.
how the fck is what ATL writes on this message board "detrimental to the team?"

how the fck is what ATL writes on this message board "detrimental to the team?"

I guess continuing to spread rumors. Not really detrimental I suppose, but certainly doesn't help. That's all I'm saying.

What's with the attitude?