Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story"

Looking forward to the first time Lindsley asks a JB a question during a presser.

112911-Jim-Boeheim-SW-PI_20111129215438697_660_320.JPG

I guess continuing to spread rumors. Not really detrimental I suppose, but certainly doesn't help. That's all I'm saying.

What's with the attitude?

Once the bell has rung it can't be unrung what a POS this Mike Lindsley is. .

What's brown and sounds like a bell?

Mike Lindsley (DUNG!)

What type of radio guy is this Lindsley clown? The Mike Greenberg schtick where he is self-deprecating, plays I am not a tough guy routine speaks to his audience on a level playing field, the Colin Cowherd schtick talks out of his ass like he is an expert, talks down to his audience, or the Jim Rome schtick I am going to behave like a Frat Boy on the radio routine.

Looking forward to the first time Lindsley asks a JB a question during a presser.

Go to the 1:32 mark. That is the look Lindsley will get.

I heard mcw held lord at gunpoint while Taylor pleaded with him to take anything, just dont hurt lord...so... It wasn't stealing... He was just taking up an offer. HUGE misunderstanding.

I guess continuing to spread rumors. Not really detrimental I suppose, but certainly doesn't help. That's all I'm saying.

no attitude intended, I was just defending what I think is CuseFanAtl's useful - or at least harmless - contribution

what is spreading rumors?

i pretty blatantly called it my theory...

no attitude intended, I was just defending what I think is CuseFanAtl's useful - or at least harmless - contribution

ha... i may not even agree with it being a useful contribution (although i do think my THEORY is plausible)... but it CERTAINLY is harmless.

how the fck is what ATL writes on this message board "detrimental to the team?"
I'm not sure it's detrimental, but apparently some of today's media hacks use message board speculation to source their reporting. Therein lies the problem.

what is spreading rumors?

i pretty blatantly called it my theory...

HUH? If your "theory" is wrong, that is spreading a rumor. How is it not?

I think this is the girl who confirmed it on Twitter. At last, an explanation:

This is why we need to nuke threads about this BS if unsubstantiated. All we do is create an online echo chamber that impacts search results and other crap.

There is no way a guy like ML is going to sit on this and go through proper journalistic protocols - that's not his gig.

Oh, and there is this:

PayneInsider.com@PayneInsider
@Zonacats1 @CBSSports Seems as such. He was with a "group" (maybe one takes the fall) including, an unidentified Syracuse football player.

View conversation

2h
Prominent @CBSSports Senior Basketball writer has confirmed my Michael Carter-Williams shoplifting arrest. However, charges WON'T BE filed.

Expand

3h
Carter-Williams ALLEGED shoplifting occurred at Carousel Mall. Picture taken outside Footaction. Unidentified Cuse football player was w him

Expand

4h
@VtFreed @PDpie10 Makes him 6'8, 285 pounds. Pic taken outside Footaction in Carousel Mall (Syracuse, NY). Cuse football player was w/ him.

View conversation

5h
**BREAKING** #Syracuse star Michael Carter-Williams picked up by Lord and Taylor loss prevention for shoplifting.http://instagr.am/p/TDpoVHIzWC/
Nuking this thread would have stopped nothing. The photo was tweeted to Lindsey directly. What he does with it is up to him.

I hope to think the burden of proof is a tad higher at his radio station than this message board.

HUH? If your "theory" is wrong, that is spreading a rumor. How is it not?

a theory is an educated guess based on the information given correct?

the information i used:

he was detained, but not arrested
he called it a misunderstanding
he has a friend with the last name christmas
its december and lord and taylor most certainly has christmas decorations up
i was detained for 'stealing' free samples of colgne once

spreading rumors is calling something a fact like MCW was arrested for shoplifting (which i clearly did not say or do). i gave a plausible reason for MCW to be detained and let go without further incident all while prefacing it as my theory.

a theory is an educated guess based on the information given correct?

spreading rumors is calling something a fact like MCW was arrested for shoplifting (which i clearly did not say or do). i gave a plausible reason for MCW to be detained and let go without further incident all while prefacing it as my theory.

agree to disagree, carry on.

Is everyone in a bad mood today? You would think it was a gloomy Monday in upstate NY or something.

Is everyone in a bad mood today? You would think it was a gloomy Monday in upstate NY or something.
It's pretty flippin gloomy outside to be honest