Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story" | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story"

Nuking this thread would have stopped nothing. The photo was tweeted to Lindsey directly. What he does with it is up to him.

I hope to think the burden of proof is a tad higher at his radio station than this message board.

I agree with your point, but technically (and I may be picking nits at this point), the threads do impact the story.

It does give it some authentication in search results (albeit probably not a lot, but still).

This is one of the funniest threads I've ever read on the internet. The sarcasm and random anger is too much.

Getting mad at ATL over his hypothesis was probably the funniest part. Never trust someone who wears a hotdog costume.

P.S. That New Edition .gif is too awesome

Lindsley said he had contacted Lord and Taylor to try to confirm the story but had not heard back from them. He felt it was a legitimate story because "at least 50 people on Twitter were reporting it". He also said it sure looked like him him the photo.

By the way, Lindsley has been to JB's pressers and he has seen that look before. He's complained about JB's attitude on his show several times.

Lindsley said he had contacted Lord and Taylor to try to confirm the story but had not heard back from them. He felt it was a legitimate story because "at least 50 people on Twitter were reporting it".
If anyone was wondering whether this clown is an actual journalist, there is your answer.

"Well, some people are saying it, so it must be true!"

I'm not sure it's detrimental, but apparently some of today's media hacks use message board speculation to source their reporting. Therein lies the problem.
That's the media hacks problem, not cuseatl's problem. If they want to be irresponsible go write them a letter.

if that's mcw in that picture than the white dude must be like 6'-10

If anyone was wondering whether this clown is an actual journalist, there is your answer.

"Well, some people are saying it, so it must be true!"
It's not some people, it's at least 50! That's a big difference!

MCW should file a lawsuit against L&T for racial profiling IMO.

Race card is all the rage these days.

let's all start a fake story and see how long it takes Mike Lindsey to report on it.

That fact that you guys are getting upset is pretty funny. Like somebody wasn't going to pick up this story.

It's local media, it happens. MCW said it was a misunderstanding so that's what it was. No charges. No nothing.

That's the media hacks problem, not cuseatl's problem. If they want to be irresponsible go write them a letter.
That was my point. The problem is media hacks using message boards and Twitter as the sole basis for their reporting.

You and anyone else here are free to write or speculate on this story all you want. Personally, I prefer to wait for the facts the come out.

Is there still debate about whether it's MCW in the photo? After he tweeted about it? You'd think, if it were not MCW, he'd be very quick to squash this entire thing. It could affect his draft position...

The explanation that it's a "misunderstanding" is a bit silly, but it's what I would expect. "Yes, I tucked the item in my pants, but only cuz my hands were full. I fully intended to pay for it. I just forgot."

Someone said we should wait "until the facts come out." We should know by now that the "facts" never come out. We'll get a semi-plausible 'explanation' and the one or two people who know the whole truth will never actually disclose it.

Alright so what I know...my buddy used to work security at carousel had a former coworker told him that it is MCW, and the only reason he looks so tiny is because the bald guy is 6 8

Lindsley said he had contacted Lord and Taylor to try to confirm the story but had not heard back from them. He felt it was a legitimate story because "at least 50 people on Twitter were reporting it". He also said it sure looked like him him the photo.

Yeah he should pretty much get fired for that.

Ummm, for those of us not in the local Syracuse area...how about letting us see this all-important pic?
Also, if MCW has dismissed it, & SU/SPD/PS etc. haven't issued a follow-up statement, then why is this a story?
Btw- I've never heard of Lindley but are people calling him out on his irresponsible BS, or is he still shouting fire in a crowded theatre?

Ummm, for those of us not in the local Syracuse area...how about letting us see this all-important pic?
Also, if MCW has dismissed it, & SU/SPD/PS etc. haven't issued a follow-up statement, then why is this a story?
Btw- I've never heard of Lindley but are people calling him out on his irresponsible BS, or is he still shouting fire in a crowded theatre?
It's on page 3 of that other huge 14 page thread or whatever it is...

A9tDwbVCUAEvTjC.jpg:large

1) It's 100% MCW in the picture
2) There will be no consequences for him

Is there still debate about whether it's MCW in the photo? After he tweeted about it? You'd think, if it were not MCW, he'd be very quick to squash this entire thing. It could affect his draft position...

The explanation that it's a "misunderstanding" is a bit silly, but it's what I would expect. "Yes, I tucked the item in my pants, but only cuz my hands were full. I fully intended to pay for it. I just forgot."

Someone said we should wait "until the facts come out." We should know by now that the "facts" never come out. We'll get a semi-plausible 'explanation' and the one or two people who know the whole truth will never actually disclose it.

Pay board. Or if you hang in during the after game chat, and pay close attention, they will spill it. Usually around 2 am.