Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story" | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Lindsley is reporting the MCW "story"

Your buddy isnt LP guy is it?

Nope...My buddy worked security at the mall and one of his friends that still works there told him...I have no reason to not believe my buddy, but I have never met the other guy...just passing along information that is all.

Nope...My buddy worked security at the mall and one of his friends that still works there told him...I have no reason to not believe my buddy, but I have never met the other guy...just passing along information that is all.

I cant imagine trying to fit $160 worth of into my pockets lol... I mean, slim jims are what, $1? Where in the heck would I put 160 of them?

A9tDwbVCUAEvTjC.jpg:large

Interesting that you can enlarge it by replying to the post. I don't know how anybody can tell from even the enlarged photo if it's him. I don't think it looks all that much like him and the hairline doesn't look right.

I do agree that if he hasn't tweeted "It wasn't me." or I wasn't there." it leaves the possiblity open that it might have been him.

I cant imagine trying to fit $160 worth of into my pockets lol... I mean, slim jims are what, $1? Where in the heck would I put 160 of them?

I can't imagine neither...lol...I have no idea what kind of store they are???

I can't imagine neither...lol...I have no idea what kind of store they are???

from google
"Lord & Taylor is THE hotspot for chic women's clothing from trendy to updated- classic dresses, tops, coats, jackets & more plus, must-have shoes, handbags, ..."

Sure. And, this means that nothing should ever, in the future, "embarrass the program" because other matters weren't reported in the past.

Your logic is... bad.

False equivalence - the last refuge of internet posters whose feelings are hurt because someone has reported that their favorite player might have done a bad thing.

from google
"Lord & Taylor is THE hotspot for chic women's clothing from trendy to updated- classic dresses, tops, coats, jackets & more plus, must-have shoes, handbags, ..."

Yeah...seems odd he would be in there? Odd situation we have here.

And I still havent gotten anything from the maybe Bjorn guy??

So what's your point? That his behavior doesn't make the program look bad because its players have done worse things in the past?? Or, that his behavior is somehow less embarrassing because of the *increased* publicity in this day in age?? Totally ridiculous, either way.

What behavior? We have no idea what happened. And honestly, with all the the program has been through including Devendorf, Harris, Fab and his anger management issues, the gang bang back in 2007-08, the child sex abuse scandal, Scoop's uncle and who God knows what else - MWC being detained under suspicion of shoplifting with no charges filed is pretty damn minor. Disappointing, absolutely. But this will be forgotten about when he drops a triple double at Louisville and Syracuse is ranked 1 or 2 in the country.

Rightly or wrongly, no one cares about this stuff in college sports. And for example, how did this arrest and mugshot in June work out for this guy?

original.jpg

Yeah...seems odd he would be in there? Odd situation we have here.

Odd he would be in there? Well, it is closing in on Christmas and he does have a mother and, I'd assume, a girlfriend (or six).

Why did he have to come back.. Does he enjoy walking out on us?

I think this is what it would feel like if my dad walked out on me when I was 7, only to come back 3 years later... Only to find out he was just looking for a $20 he hid in the floor, and isnt staying.

Or something like that

Odd he would be in there? Well, it is closing in on Christmas and he does have a mother and, I'd assume, a girlfriend (or six).

Didnt think that response through enough...lol

Why did he have to come back.. Does he enjoy walking out on us?

I think this is what it would feel like if my dad walked out on me when I was 7, only to come back 3 years later... Only to find out he was just looking for a $20 he hid in the floor, and isnt staying.

Or something like that

That is very well put...This is good.

False equivalence - the last refuge of internet posters whose feelings are hurt because someone has reported that their favorite player might have done a bad thing.

LOL..MY feelings are hurt??

I'm not the one who's embarrassed for '"the program".
I know what "the program" is and accepted long ago. That's why in the grand scheme of things... this isn't a big deal, sorry.

I'm saying I knew guys in college that did worse..and I don't think it's that big of a deal... and your "embarrassing the program" line is what's ridiculous. These aren't your sons. They play basketball for a school you might have or might not have gone too. Calm down.

This could be a waste of time. Nevertheless:

First, that you had friends who have committed bad acts does not mean that other people's bad acts are not somehow bad. Fallacious thinking.

Second, just about everyone would agree that being detained by law enforcement is one way a student in the public eye may embarrass his university. Nothing ridiculous about making that claim. There is something a little disturbing - though perhaps not quite "ridiculous" - about someone who thinks that being detained on suspicion of breaking the law is not "that big of a deal."

Third, we're all allowed (encouraged, in fact) to pass judgment on people other than our sons. That's what we do as participants in society.

And whether someone attended Syracuse University is probably not a prerequisite for commenting (thoughtfully and calmly - as in the case of RealSUFan - or sloppily) on the basketball program or its players and coaches.

I must say, I don't understand a single bit of the sentiment expressed in your post. The other guy isn't insulting anyone and he isn't rumor-mongering. Not sure why you've taken issue with what he wrote.

So basically MCW was under criminal investigation from a officer at the mall and found not guilty.
And now Lindsey who is nothing more then a reporter wants to become a criminal investigator even though there is no victim, no defense, and nobody pressing charges.

In a way its harrasment.

I must say, I don't understand a single bit of the sentiment expressed in your post. The other guy isn't insulting anyone and he isn't rumor-mongering. Not sure why you've taken issue with what he wrote.

Honestly, his post came off like "I thought MCW was one of the good ones" and thought it was really out of line.

LOL..MY feelings are hurt??

I'm not the one who's embarrassed for '"the program".
I know what "the program" is and accepted long ago. That's why in the grand scheme of things... this isn't a big deal, sorry.

You don't know what "this" is yet. No one on here does.

So basically MCW was under criminal investigation from a officer at the mall and found not guilty.
And now Lindsey who is nothing more then a reporter wants to become a criminal investigator even though there is no victim, no defense, and nobody pressing charges.

In a way its harrasment.
He was under criminal investigation from an officer and then quickly found not guilty by said officer?

Jesus, did they hire Judge Dredd as mall security?!

Honestly, his post came off like "I thought MCW was one of the good ones" and thought it was really out of line.

I read it a little differently; just thought it was complimentary of Mike. Maybe I read it that way because I feel the same way. From what I hear, he's a good kid.