mlb floating "arizona plan" | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

You don't think they finish the season is what you mean?

Things are getting so bad it may not even start on time! But yes, that's what I was saying.

I get that wild cards would be affected by all divisional play I just think that because divisions are going to be tightly decided I would prefer all games be decided by games within divisions rather one team beating the Orioles 3 times and other team beating the Orioles 4 times.

I was reminded by my brother they have to have interleague play because each league has 15 teams so there has to be atleast 1 interleague series year round.

MLB should have just created 3 divisions of 10 teams by region.
6 games against each of the 9 teams.

This season is going to be flawed anyway.
Eastern division
AL and NL East

Central division
AL and NL Central.

West division
AL and NL West.

I dont think they had the authority to expand the playoffs, but if they could, maybe they could've done 6 playoff teams in each league (top 2 in each division) and just play division games.

MLB isn’t going to be in a bubble like the NBA which is easier to manage.

All these players will be staying in hotels and traveling to each city every couple of days.

What happens when one player on one team goes out after a game gets the virus and spreads it to his entire team on the plane.

This sport isn’t a lock to finish this season a spike could easily occur.

The NBA and NHL are locking their teams down and still the numbers aren’t safe.

How will the mandatory quarantine for people travelling into NY from other states impact baseball?

MLB isn’t going to be in a bubble like the NBA which is easier to manage.

All these players will be staying in hotels and traveling to each city every couple of days.

What happens when one player on one team goes out after a game gets the virus and spreads it to his entire team on the plane.

This sport isn’t a lock to finish this season a spike could easily occur.

The NBA and NHL are locking their teams down and still the numbers aren’t safe.
I'm starting to think not being in a bubble is the safer way to go esp if that bubble is in Florida.

I'm starting to think not being in a bubble is the safer way to go esp if that bubble is in Florida.
The bubble is the safest way to go.

It restricts travel and who comes in and out.

The virus will only come into the bubble if a player goes out and isn’t safe.

Traveling in the air from city to city, being in contact with more people is way more dangerous.

BTW the Cuomo/Murphy/Lamont advisory is unconstitutional when it’s sued.

Cuomo complained and threatened to sue Rhode Island when it’s governor wanted to do that to NYers.

This will be tweaked.

is it though?
RI wanted all NYers coming into the state to self quarantine.
RI Governor wanted that because NY had the highest rate of coronavirus.
Cuomo didn’t like that and threatened to sue.

RI changed the law so that everyone coming into RI had to self quarantine.

This NY/NJ/CT plan targets 9 states. That is the same thing RI did to NY. That is unconstitutional.

It has to be all states or no states.

RI changed the law so that everyone coming into RI had to sel quarantine.

This NY/NJ/CT plan targets 9 states. That is the same thing RI did to NY. That is unconstitutional.

It targets states based on specific metrics, % of positive tests over the last 7 days and stuff like that. (well, not stuff like that. I think its mainly just that)

It targets states based on specific metrics, % of positive tests over the last 7 days and stuff like that. (well, not stuff like that. I think its mainly just that)
RI did the same thing to NY in March and Cuomo threatened to sue. RI used the same logic you are stating.
RI had to change the law so they wouldn’t get sued by Cuomo.

RI did the same thing to NY in March and Cuomo threatened to sue. RI used the same logic you are stating.
RI had to change the law so they wouldn’t get sued by Cuomo.

Yeah I dunno, I know Cuomo wasn't happy when the shoe was on the other foot. (Though i cant really blame him here)

I don't know how they would actually enforce it anyway. And I can't actually track the criteria they are using right now. So the whole thing kinda seems like a mess

Im just saying I dont think anything in the consitution makes it illegal to set up rules of entry like this.

"These self-quarantine requirements are legitimate exercises of states’ power to protect their people’s health against the coronavirus pandemic. "

so it sounds like the can do this

Yeah I dunno, I know Cuomo wasn't happy when the shoe was on the other foot. (Though i cant really blame him here)

I don't know how they would actually enforce it anyway. And I can't actually track the criteria they are using right now. So the whole thing kinda seems like a mess

Cuomo literally is doing what he railed on in March with Rhode Island.

This is so going to be tweaked or he will get sued.

You can’t target out of state plates selectively. That is unconstitutional.

RI changed the law so that everyone coming into RI had to self quarantine.

Interesting. Tomorrow I am driving back to Syracuse as I am on vacation next week in ADKs. I'm coming from Ohio though.

The travel thing would for sure impact baseball. Yeah... there's no way this season finishes.

Can't wait for those Tampa series at Yankee stadium...auto wins while they self quarantine!

Im just saying I dont think anything in the consitution makes it illegal to set up rules of entry like this.

"These self-quarantine requirements are legitimate exercises of states’ power to protect their people’s health against the coronavirus pandemic. "

so it sounds like the can do this
It’s pretty clearly a 4th amendment violation to target certain state license plates and not all out of state license at your border.

Having a license plate from one of those 9 states does not constitute 'probable cause' to allow police to stop a car and interrogate the driver, no matter how laudable the goal of the stop may be.

This policy is unconstitutional. It has to be all states.

no the courts have rule on this several times and its also applies to anyone from NY state who leaves and comes back into NY from those states.

One game playoffs wouldn’t be an issue. I would rather have ties than games be decided because of hokey dokey rules.
Why not give 3 points for a 9 inning win and 2 points for an extra inning win or 1 point for a tie.

Then use points like hockey. This season is a joke anyway.
What if it's three teams that are tied for one wild card spot?

It’s pretty clearly a 4th amendment violation to target certain state license plates and not all out of state license at your border.

Having a license plate from one of those 9 states does not constitute 'probable cause' to allow police to stop a car and interrogate the driver, no matter how laudable the goal of the stop may be.

This policy is unconstitutional. It has to be all states.
It's also dumb policy because the cars could be rentals with plates from all over. You'd have no idea where a person may be traveling from...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom