Mondays game tells me more about this team than any game | Syracusefan.com

Mondays game tells me more about this team than any game

Marsh01

Living Legend
Win or lose today Mondays game was going to tell me more about this team than any game this season. Had we won today I was curious to see how we responded and if we could keep the momentum. Losing like we did I want to see how this team responds. Will we put that game behind us and go into Marquette and get a W? Will we be down and not into it and come away with an L which would eliminate our BE regular season championship dreams?

Winning Monday means we are right back in it especially with a return trip to Georgetown. I was VERY disappointed with todays effort and it made me so freaking depressed I didnt watch any hoops (chose a movie with the wife instead) until right now when I turned on the Kentucky game. I really expect a better effort on Monday night.

BTW anyone else have zero cell service in the Dome today?

agreed mondays game will say alot.. marquette is a lot like pitt so it will be interesting to see how we fair..

Best game of the day was watching Nova beat Marquette after bumming out from our game.

Tailspin. I can't see us winning at UM after a performance like tonight.

I initially thought this as well Mase but I am now leaning the other way. This season has been filled with games we are sure we will win = a loss (Pitt, , Gtown) and games we were confident we would lose (Louisville, possibly Cincy) = wins.

Again this game will tell me all I need to know about this team.

That big boy they have in the middle could foul out Rak/Baye. They should be able to out-quick him for rebounds but that ain't gonna happen, sigh.

Marquette plays like Pitt. It's on the road. It's two days after huge, deflating home loss. Marquette is coming off a loss. They always play us tough and win quite a few.

Should I feel optimistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially thought this as well Mase but I am now leaning the other way. This season has been filled with games we are sure we will win = a loss (Pitt, , Gtown) and games we were confident we would lose (Louisville, possibly Cincy) = wins.

I like your optimism, but I think I already know enough about this team.

I like your optimism, but I think I already know enough about this team.

There is plenty of talent on this team and certainly enough to win Monday. Just want to see it on the court.

Monday will be another tight game. I'm usually pretty pessimistic about these types of games, especially on the road, but I got a feeling.

Didn't we beat Marquette out there in like 08 or 09 missing a key player? I think Devo. Think it was 08.

Our guards will have to turn their game around 180 degrees. They'll have to do it from the outside because our big men are virtually non-existent. We'll have to wait to see if they can drive on Marquette.
They need to get the ball to CJ damn near everytime down the floor. He is the only consistent player on the team and good things usually happen when he has the ball. People talk about him being a black hole when the ball goes to him. So what! I don't think we have anybody more efficient.
If JS isn't hitting his threes I want to see more of Jerami. While we need the three threat from JS, Jerami offers more positives in other areas.

Marquette doesn't have the individual scorers of Louisville, Pitt, GTown, UConn, etc. but they're the most physical team in the Big East. They're gonna come out punching us in the mouth, we better punch back or we're done.

Win or lose today Mondays game was going to tell me more about this team than any game this season. Had we won today I was curious to see how we responded and if we could keep the momentum. Losing like we did I want to see how this team responds. Will we put that game behind us and go into Marquette and get a W? Will we be down and not into it and come away with an L which would eliminate our BE regular season championship dreams?

Winning Monday means we are right back in it especially with a return trip to Georgetown. I was VERY disappointed with todays effort and it made me so freaking depressed I didnt watch any hoops (chose a movie with the wife instead) until right now when I turned on the Kentucky game. I really expect a better effort on Monday night.

BTW anyone else have zero cell service in the Dome today?

I don't agree that it was a lack of effort.

We either need a lot of easy baskets off turnovers or we need to shoot well to win.

Without any interior presence on offense, we really struggle to score in the half court when our outside shots. Aren't falling.

And when Triche struggles, we struggle. In our last three losses, Triche is 11-42 from the floor; 1-19 from 3 with 13 turnovers and 5 assists. Those are brutal numbers and go a long way towards explaining why we lost.

We either need a lot of easy baskets off turnovers or we need to shoot well to win.

Without any interior presence on offense, we really struggle to score in the half court when our outside shots. Aren't falling.

And when Triche struggles, we struggle. In our last three losses, Triche is 11-42 from the floor; 1-19 from 3 with 13 turnovers and 5 assists. Those are brutal numbers and go a long way towards explaining why we lost.
We fell for the "fools gold" of Southerland's early 3 from Clinton Square. Then BT jacked one from almost the same place.

We were supposed to lose to Cinci at home? The GTown loss just followed the formula for how to beat us: pack it in, let us miss from outside, rebound and don't turn the ball over. Unfortunately for us, it's not a difficult game plan to execute. We will lose to Marquette, Louisville, and GTown again.

We were supposed to lose to Cinci at home? The GTown loss just followed the formula for how to beat us: pack it in, let us miss from outside, rebound and don't turn the ball over. Unfortunately for us, it's not a difficult game plan to execute. We will lose to Marquette, Louisville, and GTown again.
Not supposed to lose to cincy no. I was just referring to winning a big game against louisville and then coming back to win another big game 2 days later.

We will not lose all three games.

The lack of effort was on the defensive end. Too many times we played d for 30 seconds then would get burned by leaving a guy open in the last 5 of the shot clock. Cant happen

Add to that slow the tempo, run clock and take your shot in the last 5 seconds.

I will be heading to Milwaukee tomorrow. Expecting to see the resilliancy in our boys after yesterday's VERY dissapointing showing. Do we have something to prove? Yes. Is the sky falling as many have indicated? Not yet. LGO!

I will be heading to Milwaukee tomorrow. Expecting to see the resilliancy in our boys after yesterday's VERY dissapointing showing. Do we have something to prove? Yes. Is the sky falling as many have indicated? Not yet. LGO!

I agree. I had us winning yesterday and losing tomorrow. If its reversed i can live with a split heading into louisville.

Marquette plays like Pitt. It's on the road. It's two days after huge, deflating home loss. Marquette is coming off a loss. They always play us tough and win quite a few.

Should I feel optimistic?

Hey I'm deflated too, but let's not fabricate things here. Outside of the 10-11 season where Marq beat us twice, we have won every single matchup with them. We are their Pitt.

I agree. I had us winning yesterday and losing tomorrow. If its reversed i can live with a split heading into louisville.

Most definitely. If we win Monday we definitely control our own destiny. We could still be playing for a share of the regular season title at georgetown.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not going to pay as much attention to what happens tomorrow. I think we're going to get rolled (hope I'm wrong). But the emotional build up and then let down of that game, followed by a game 2 days later at a very tough place to play who will have no sympathy for us? Not a good combo.

Next week's game against Louisville will tell me much more than the Marquette game does.

Tailspin. I can't see us winning at UM after a performance like tonight.

Yep...hard to see us having much chance. I just dont have any trust in our guards...or centers...or anyone except cj.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom