More concerned about Officer than Ebo | Syracusefan.com

More concerned about Officer than Ebo

Crusty

Living Legend
We need a great OL to protect these new QB's and open holes for the new RB's. IMHO, Officer is more important than anyone else left on the board.

Crusty, I agree 100% with your statement. As you eluded I too hope that Officer does become priority number one at this point for we need a good OLine to make it all work.

Could not agree more. I p
We need a great OL to protect these new QB's and open holes for the new RB's. IMHO, Officer is more important than anyone else left on the board.
osted the same sentiment somewhere.We have added some quality the last few years but we need that dominant hole opener and qb protector. Alex Officer is that player.We can't continue to lose the big instate big uglies.with high end resumes

I agree as well. What we need is for Z. Allen to get in touch with Officer and some other OL guys and get them on board like he has done with some other recruits. It really sounds like Allen is talking to many recruits. If I were a QB I would definitely work on my O-line. Maybe he can bring some big boys with great foot work with him from Texas. Does anyone know if he is attempting to do this. I know I have read some articles stating that he is talking to recruits about SU, but does anyone know who they are and if there are any OL recruits that hs is in contact with. Maybe BleedsORange44 can do another interview with him to find out who he is in contact with.

I agree as well. What we need is for Z. Allen to get in touch with Officer and some other OL guys and get them on board like he has done with some other recruits. It really sounds like Allen is talking to many recruits. If I were a QB I would definitely work on my O-line. Maybe he can bring some big boys with great foot work with him from Texas. Does anyone know if he is attempting to do this. I know I have read some articles stating that he is talking to recruits about SU, but does anyone know who they are and if there are any OL recruits that hs is in contact with. Maybe BleedsORange44 can do another interview with him to find out who he is in contact with.

I think BleedsOrange 44 is scouting for another site now

What's the scouting report on Officer? How good is he?

Bear in mind that any OL recruited in this year's class will likely RS their Fr. year (2013) and probably won't see the field before the 2014 season.

Good enough that he doesn't need three years of "coach up" He isn't one of those under the radar kids that everyone else doesn't know about. Thats better than many of the O-line guys we have brought into the program.:eek:

Bear in mind that any OL recruited in this year's class will likely RS their Fr. year (2013) and probably won't see the field before the 2014 season.
That is fine. as long as when they do hit the field they are effective and ctually moving the person in front of them in order to allow a running back access into the secondary of the opposing team and prevent a defender from getting to our excellent QB before he throws downfield for a FD or TD!:p

Temple Pitt Purdue BC and SU have offered along with Umass and some smaller schools
I thought I remember reading somewhere that he's waiting on a Va Tech offer
Wheatley is his recruiter- Sounds like Wheatley is working Conley's turf now- western NY

Maybe Money3189 can chime in on his talent level

It will be interesting to see if Allen is able to "pull" any TX recruits into the mix, who otherwise might not be inclined to consider SU.

Kid has been aces as a de facto recruiter for SU so far.

Good enough that he doesn't need three years of "coach up" He isn't one of those under the radar kids that everyone else doesn't know about. Thats better than many of the O-line guys we have brought into the program.:eek:

I don't understand why Officer is being labeled as big as a recruit. He is a good prospect, good offers, in an area close to home. Knapp was rated a few spots lower than he is and Trudo was rated about the same as him, Emerich was also a 3 star OL as well. He is a good prospect, but isn't an instant starter the way people are making him out to be.

I don't understand why Officer is being labeled as big as a recruit. He is a good prospect, good offers, in an area close to home. Knapp was rated a few spots lower than he is and Trudo was rated about the same as him, Emerich was also a 3 star OL as well. He is a good prospect, but isn't an instant starter the way people are making him out to be.
Its been said accurately that pretty much all O-linemen are red-shirted. S@C along with technique being the delay reasons. All valid. The one kid I know least about as a potential starter is Emerich. He may turn out to be the best accortding to some posters here and abroad the web.:noidea:

OL is a key position of need, and Officer is a good prospect in our "back yard," so from that standpoint I think he is an important recruit.

But I agree with you that his readiness is being overstated by some. Solid get if we can land him, but my expectation is that it would take him 2 years [with a redshirt] to emerge as a contributor.

OL is a key position of need, and Officer is a good prospect in our "back yard," so from that standpoint I think he is an important recruit.

But I agree with you that his readiness is being overstated by some. Solid get if we can land him, but my expectation is that it would take him 2 years [with a redshirt] to emerge as a contributor.

I've always felt the two "must gets" from NYS for 2012 were Gus Edwards and Officer. We've landed one and I sure hope we land Officer as well.

Its been said accurately that pretty much all O-linemen are red-shirted. S@C along with technique being the delay reasons. All valid. The one kid I know least about as a potential starter is Emerich. He may turn out to be the best accortding to some posters here and abroad the web.:noidea:

The fact that Emerich was selected to the Big 33 game in an OL rich state like PA should tell you a lot ...

I think Alex has more upside than anything. He has good feet for his size. His team pulls him alot on edge plays. His technique is not the greatest but once he gets his hands inside you, you have no chance. I think his solid ratings is from his presence at combines and lineman challenges. Ive heard he did well with tests but struggled a bit in one on ones. He is a must get because he's local and he has good offers. If I had to compare him to other linemen that we signed the past couple years I would say he is in the middle of the pack. He wont make or break us, but it will sting the staff if doesnt commit because he's an hour away and theyve been recruting him for awhile. I had one member of the staff tell me they want him just as much as they wanted jarron jones. He saw great athleticism for his size and potential to be an all league lineman at SU. The one thing I am concerned about with him is his passion. I dont know if he plays football because he's big and people tell him to or if he feels he have to play because of his brother's success. Im not sure. He doesnt seem all that excited when you talk football with him. Maybe he's just a laid back kid.

"The one thing I am concerned about with him is his passion...He doesnt seem all that excited when you talk football with him. Maybe he's just a laid back kid."

Wasn't this the reason that Sales was always in Marrone's doghouse (at least what was put out to the public)? If so, it could be a problem.

I think Alex has more upside than anything. He has good feet for his size. His team pulls him alot on edge plays. His technique is not the greatest but once he gets his hands inside you, you have no chance. I think his solid ratings is from his presence at combines and lineman challenges. Ive heard he did well with tests but struggled a bit in one on ones. He is a must get because he's local and he has good offers. If I had to compare him to other linemen that we signed the past couple years I would say he is in the middle of the pack. He wont make or break us, but it will sting the staff if doesnt commit because he's an hour away and theyve been recruting him for awhile. I had one member of the staff tell me they want him just as much as they wanted jarron jones. He saw great athleticism for his size and potential to be an all league lineman at SU. The one thing I am concerned about with him is his passion. I dont know if he plays football because he's big and people tell him to or if he feels he have to play because of his brother's success. Im not sure. He doesnt seem all that excited when you talk football with him. Maybe he's just a laid back kid.

Thanks Money!

Being someone that knows both Alex and Jerome personally, I can tell you they both have very high aspirations regarding their football careers. Both are very serious about making it to the NFL some day. I'm closer with Jerome than Alex, but I played basketball with both of them for a few years. They're hard workers. Jerome's a bit of a goofball, while Alex is more the quiet type, but they both work extremely hard and their mother doesn't let them step out of line at all. Great guys.

Being someone that knows both Alex and Jerome personally, I can tell you they both have very high aspirations regarding their football careers. Both are very serious about making it to the NFL some day. I'm closer with Jerome than Alex, but I played basketball with both of them for a few years. They're hard workers. Jerome's a bit of a goofball, while Alex is more the quiet type, but they both work extremely hard and their mother doesn't let them step out of line at all. Great guys.

Thanks for the "insider" info -- good to hear about Alex.

Hope we land the kid--any perspective on where he might end up? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom