Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play

That has nothing to do with my point. You knew from day 1 McNabb was going to be a superstar. Put him on the field today and he still would have been a superstar. Again, nothing against Morgan, it's just easy to tell when you have a game changer at the position.

not many people have looked like McNabb, generational talent. Morgan doesn't need to be McNabb. He just needs to be a smart game manager and make the throws. Morgan has a 'feel' that can't be taught and that's lacking from the other two. Think Fat Pirate...he didn't exactly wow anyone either.

Very encouraged, especially by three plays.

The throw to Nykeim rolling right that got called back unfortunately.

The throw rolling to the left where he hit Queeley for about twenty yards.

Finally, scooping up the bad snap and patiently finding Hackett for the touchdown.

Terrific pocket presence other than two or three typical freshman plays. Lots of tools to work with. Excited for the rest of the year.
And he barely missed a TD to Taj that was a ball thrown into a tight window where only Taj could catch it. He missed some throws, but made some nice plays while showing good poise.

not many people have looked like McNabb, generational talent. Morgan doesn't need to be McNabb. He just needs to be a smart game manager and make the throws. Morgan has a 'feel' that can't be taught and that's lacking from the other two. Think Fat Pirate...he didn't exactly wow anyone either.
Fat Pirate almost threw for 5,000 yards and had 46 TD passes.

That would destroy our record book.

Yes! Well you can keep whining for a few more years because we are not going to be Clemson anytime soon.
I'm not asking to be Clemson. How about Bc or Pitt?

Defense played hard. Despite their limitations they gave us a chance to win. We need our offense to surprise us one of these games.
Hopefully 2 weeks of first team reps will help Morgan.

Why is he the floor? Do we have anybody definitively better?

I'm not saying he can't be decent. We have a 4 star QB on the roster and other good qbs in the portal. If your plan is going with a QB next year with offers from austin p and praire view good luck.

Well, back in the 80"s we had a fullback whose only other college offer was Cornell. Coach Mac brought Daryl Johnston to SU and it seemed to work out "decent." So you don't know.

There was someone posting that he was beating out td next year.
Who?
Find it yet?
Here I did the work:
I said he has a chance to beat out Tommy in response to someone saying no way (I said way).

Give him the rest of this season, off season, spring ball ,and see what happens next August against TD.

No one knows how a few games under his belt will help him develop.

And if he has only been QBing a couple years, who knows what his ceiling is?

At the worst some competition will fire TD up (not that he isn't)

The point is outside of 2018 we have not had two competent QBs on the roster. At the least we have that now. So if one goes down we don't have a FCS level kid out there.
I’ve only seen FCS level qb play this season so far until today, today’s the first time I felt we had a chance, so for now he raised the ceiling.

Very encouraging stuff from Morgan so far. He's making plays and doing a lot with this opportunity today.

If nothing else, he should help us all feel better about the QB position going forward. I'm not saying he'll become all-ACC or anything. I don't even know for sure if he'll be a regular starter. But the floor appears to be that if he doesn't start, we'll have a solid backup QB. That's not a luxury we've enjoyed very often lately.

Bigger picture, it's a big deal that one of our diamond in the rough QB prospects looks like he will pan out. For our program we need to have guys, a lot of guys, that outperform their recruiting rankings. Morgan looks like he'll be one. Heck, he already might be. That's big for the program, and even bigger given that it's at QB.

Now that 'Ssippi is showing what he's got, let's see what Tex brings to the table.
13 points maybe Rex could have done that.

Morgan showed a lot of poise in the pocket - the moment did not seem too big for him. Looks like he can throw on the move with touch. That's a nice skill set.

Agree I think he’s a better thrower on the move (which as we know is harder) from the limited sample size we have seen

I would design more plays for him rolling out (esp with our O-Line)

You guys keep bringing up a transfer Qb
Any Qb worth a salt isn’t coming I said it multiple times there no sales pitch
Yeah a scrub who wants a chance to play
That’s it

Scrub? Or a kid that can start?

Why don’t you go follow something that will make you happier in life? It’s pathetic that you are this upset over this game.

Not upset at all. My life is just fine. Played golf in a.m. Watched football in afternoon and just got back from dinner.

Syracuse football is a joke this year so I cant be bothered by it and it doesn't get me upset at all. Im at a place of calm analysis as to how bad it is this year.

Take care.

that’s what you keep telling yourself

A 50 percent completion percentage, 6.5 yards per attempt, and 2:1 TD to int ratio is t keeping anyone away. ShT, I might have a chance with those numbers.

That's because we don't have any players much beyond the first 30-35 that he trusts to play. He's kind of like Boeheim; he doesn't play people to develop them, you don't create O line depth by only playing 7 guys and cross-training them for other positions. In fact, teaching guys multiple positions on the O line probably hinders their development.
I would like Dino to give more guys opportunities on offense. I really like Tucker. I have since he was recruited. However I also like lutz and would like him to get more opportunities. It would keep Tucker fresh for the entire game.
I’d also like to see taj in the slot some and Alford and Hendricks getting some time on the outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom