Naes Howard | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

Cops and university need to shut this manhood swinging contest down now! This needs to go all the way up to the Chancellor. A1 priority. Cant have students hurt or threatened in anyway.

This was my concern when I first heard this story. Naesean is a local guy who has had troubles in the past and probably has some "friends" in the area that could turn this into something that is a lot bigger than just a beef between ex-teammates. Not a good look at all.

F this kid and his buddies. They should start throwing extra charges at Howard for inciting violence and charge the perpetrators with disturbing the peace and menacing.

bcubs9497 said:
Confirmed. By several sources. Some of the team has been "accosted". Don't know who, and how many.

That's BS and really sad. I hope everyone stays safe.

Probably much ado about nothing, but there were an unusual number of sirens and a police helicopter around Skytop early yesterday evening.

As of 2015 12 known gangs with 1,317 identified members in the city of Syracuse. Time to bring in the National Guard and round them all up! Give them all "something to remember."
You want to declare martial law to get rid of a gang problem? Okay then.

bcubs9497 said:
Me, too. Told Steven to not go out alone, avoid the known trouble areas, and to keep his mouth shut and leave if someone tries to instigate something.

He'd be smart to listen to that advice. My son is on north campus but has gone to south campus a few times to visit someone or attend a party. I've told him to stay away.

Good idea to avoid parties you probably shouldn't be going to in the first place, and focus on that scholarship you've earned and the football season that may set your career up for life.

Probably much ado about nothing, but there were an unusual number of sirens and a police helicopter around Skytop early yesterday evening.
If the helicopter appeared to be a blackhawk or something simular it was doing touch and goes on the landing pad at University hospital.

You'd have to be out of your damn mind to try and start trouble with people like Shy, Steven, Slayton or any of the others. It's that that worries me, these kids and adults harassing them from around the area probably aren't in their right minds. I hope police or at least the university get a hold of this situation quickly. Going to school in Buffalo, in a similar area, I know these things definitely have a potential to escalate if left ignored.

You'd have to be out of your damn mind to try and start trouble with people like Shy, Steven, Slayton or any of the others. It's that that worries me, these kids and adults harassing them from around the area probably aren't in their right minds. I hope police or at least the university get a hold of this situation quickly. Going to school in Buffalo, in a similar area, I know these things definitely have a potential to escalate if left ignored.

Gang members carry guns in this city, size doesn't matter too much against a 9mm. Record number of murders here last year. All of the players should follow bcubs advice, not just Steven.

I have told shy to not wear Cuse gear outside the gym and dorm. I told him no parties or bars. He is to stay in small groups of friends not be out alone. If he goes to the mall it needs to be in plain clothes. I told him he needs to avoid trouble at all costs and just get through the end of the semester. He will be home in a few weeks and hopefully things will calm down. I also posted this on the parents board for the other parents to talk with their kids about it.

Bambrewer said:
I have told shy to not wear Cuse gear outside the gym and dorm. I told him no parties or bars. He is to stay in small groups of friends not be out alone. If he goes to the mall it needs to be in plain clothes. I told him he needs to avoid trouble at all costs and just get through the end of the semester. He will be home in a few weeks and hopefully things will calm down. I also posted this on the parents board for the other parents to talk with their kids about it.

More great advice.

Gang members carry guns in this city, size doesn't matter too much against a 9mm. Record number of murders here last year. All of the players should follow bcubs advice, not just Steven.

*near record. But yeah, point taken.

It's sad that it's somehow come to that. I suppose something like this would be more likely to occur at an urban campus like SU, but it's still really disheartening.

SU doesn't have enough hurdles to overcome to turn around its football program.

Now this.

Serious issue that needs to be resolved for many reasons.

cuseguy said:
SU doesn't have enough hurdles to overcome to turn around its football program. Now this. Serious issue that needs to be resolved for many reasons.

Agreed. But this kind of thing can happen anywhere and does. I don't think the program or the school can be held accountable.

Bad things happen. Just hope the powers that be are taking full precautions.

"From what I am hearing there are incidents happening on campus after Saturday. If the university and authorities don't get a grip on this situation I am afraid someone may lose their life over nonsense."

Yes, please. I've heard nothing of the sort.
I have heard of nothing and Naes showed up alone with no back up.Naes is a wanna bee and the most that will happen is the University will lose a low level drug dealer according to some chatter. He is singing like a canary now.
Dumb ass will have a hard time behind bars!!

Many jailers are big Orange fans and Naes might want to remove his shoe laces when going down the stairs handcuffed from behind.

Syracuse is a great place and kids have never had to worry about wearing their gear around town. In fact, they always have and have enjoyed the public attention. This is one dude that should have never been allowed back on campus after being kicked off the fb team in 2014. Are his grades that good that he can qualify without a fb scholarship? With sour grapes of being kicked off the team, was it a good idea to readmit him? Also, have no idea why this isnt attempted murder and this should have been headed off at the pass by admissions, cant let him back in.

I have heard of nothing and Naes showed up alone with no back up.Naes is a wanna bee and the most that will happen is the University will lose a low level drug dealer according to some chatter. He is singing like a canary now.
Dumb ass will have a hard time behind bars!!

Many jailers are big Orange fans and Naes might want to remove his shoe laces when going down the stairs handcuffed from behind.
I have two employees that went to school with him. He's not a good guy. Was told today his brother took the fall for something else naes did in highschool. The kid is a low life thug with clear mental issues.