Naes Howard | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

SUFaninNJ said:
Moose Johmston knew how to do some damage as well. So much so, that he branched out to Ithaca on occasion.

He probably also did a little damage to the hood of the car that DC tossed him onto.

Yep, DC had a black belt in street fighting. Fearless and didn't care if he took one to land one.

I'll never forget the bench-clearer against Cornell. He came off the bench and cleaned house:

Seriously - Coleman probably would have been arrested and charged with assault if that fight was to have occurred now. And may have been forced to be kicked off the team. Such a different world.

Maybe things were different back then. Bar fights were common and didn't seem to be as dangerous as they are now, probably because when a guy got knocked out then, he didn't get his head stomped by 8 guys. You'd get in a fight, kick some butt or get your butt kicked then have a beer or go home.

Maybe things were different back then. Bar fights were common and didn't seem to be as dangerous as they are now, probably because when a guy got knocked out then, he didn't get his head stomped by 8 guys. You'd get in a fight, kick some butt or get your butt kicked then have a beer or go home.

Agreed, was highly unusual that someone pulled a gun either.

Yeah now you have too many weak people with handguns. Get their butt kicked, go get their gun and kills someone. I wish it was the way I remember growing up close to Oswego. Get into a fight and win or lose, you were drinking beer with the same guy that same night or next week. Times have changed.

Coleman got into a fight with Fred DeRiggi, think he was a nose tackle. I missed this one, was the year I graduated High School, not that I wouldn't have been up there, just missed it.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=OOoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3864,4946790&hl=en
I heard a story a few years back that Coach Mac went to Coach B & complained about Coleman messing with his players. He wanted JB to make DC stop. Coach B supposedly said "maybe you should recruit tougher players" or something to that effect. Maybe its an urban legend - some of you guys would probably know - but it sure makes a great story!

Seriously - Coleman probably would have been arrested and charged with assault if that fight was to have occurred now. And may have been forced to be kicked off the team. Such a different world.
Maybe he would normally have been arrested even then. Third-hand info: A friend whose boyfriend worked for Syracuse PD said they had a team of cops assigned to keep DC out of jail.

Did I ever tell you about the time DC showed up at my daughter’s wedding? You know my daughter, she’s a beautiful girl. Well, DC shows up and you know he’s a big fella. Well, he’s standing right between me and my daughter at the ceremony. He’s got no right to be there, but he’s drunk and he’s DC. Well, long story short, the priest accidentally marries me and DC. We spend the weekend in the Poconos — he loved me like I’ve never been loved before.

Did I ever tell you about the time DC showed up at my daughter’s wedding? You know my daughter, she’s a beautiful girl. Well, DC shows up and you know he’s a big fella. Well, he’s standing right between me and my daughter at the ceremony. He’s got no right to be there, but he’s drunk and he’s DC. Well, long story short, the priest accidentally marries me and DC. We spend the weekend in the Poconos — he loved me like I’ve never been loved before.
ouch

kuethstheman said:
Maybe he would normally have been arrested even then. Third-hand info: A friend whose boyfriend worked for Syracuse PD said they had a team of cops assigned to keep DC out of jail.
I've heard that story before and it still sounds like just that, a story.

the strangest thing in this entire situation may be that he wore an untucked graphic designed button down with no tie to a court case of this magnitude.

I'll hang up and listen.

the strangest thing in this entire situation may be that he wore an untucked graphic designed button down with no tie to a court case of this magnitude.

I'll hang up and listen.

If college athletes were paid for their contributions, he'd have had a nice button-down and a tie.

Seriously, of all the ways society's changed in recent years, the attire of low-lifes in court (and a lot of jurors, too) is really remarkable.

If college athletes were paid for their contributions, he'd have had a nice button-down and a tie.

Seriously, of all the ways society's changed in recent years, the attire of low-lifes in court (and a lot of jurors, too) is really remarkable.

I got called for jury duty on May 16. So shorts and a tank top okay?

Coleman got into a fight with Fred DeRiggi, think he was a nose tackle. I missed this one, was the year I graduated High School, not that I wouldn't have been up there, just missed it.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=OOoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3864,4946790&hl=en

I was there. DC was palming Fred's head and pummeling into a fender

Fred was no slouch and engaged in fights fairly often (along with a few other FB players I hung with a bit back then)

after that night, when DC walked into 44's, the crowd parted like Moses at the Red Sea

Really glad Scissum is going to be okay. First year law student, really curious to find out how this isn't attempted murder. With the amount of times Howard stabbed them, where he stabbed them, and with (seemingly) intent, it seems like a sure fire attempted murder. I know sometimes they get charged with a lesser crime to ensure a conviction. Either way, this kid has some serious mental problems and family issues. His dad used to work for my aunt but had to be let go for some pretty strange and outrageous conduct. Couple family issues, with what seems like some pretty obvious mental health concerns, and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. I hope Howard, not only gets the punishment he deserves, but the proper mental health treatment. The justice system needs to get better at addressing mental health concerns because, eventually, people like Howard will be released back into our community.