Nate Oats to Alabama | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats to Alabama

John Beilein is not plan c. great, great, coach. But after JB, we have to go younger

Beilein is 67.

Coach Boeheim is 75. Let's say he coaches 3 more years hes 78. Belien is 70 at that time.

Beilein couldn't coach SU for 5 years or so ? U said it yourself Great, Great Coach. Age ain't nothing but a number. Coach Boeheim is 75 no signs or plans to call it quits. Coach K is 73 still going strong.

Last edited:
Beilein is 67.

Coach Boeheim is 75. Let's say he coaches 3 more years hes 78. Belien is 70 at that time.

Beilein couldn't coach SU for 5 years or so ? U said it yourself Great, Great Coach. Age ain't nothing but a number. Coach Boeheim is 75 no signs or plans to call it quits. Coach K is 73 still going strong.
JB is the coach at this age only because he has been at Syracuse for 60 years. To hire a 70 year old, any 70 year old, is a bad hire.

Plus look at those buyout numbers. Unless you want 4 more years of JB, they aren’t paying those buyouts to get him.
Should he leave the Tide for another job, that will come with a much higher buyout. Oats would have to pay $8 million to leave in his first year, $6 million in the second year and $4 million in Year 3

Year 1 - 2019
Year 2 - 2020
Year 3 -2021
Year 4 - 2022 - Dior is here, buyout no longer an issue
Year 5 - 2023 - Dior leaves, JB leaves, Hello Nate Oats !

I hope that was sarcasm...

Why do we need to run the 2/3 zone with the next coach? Because its worked so well the past year and have a great roster for it while we lose the best coach of it? Sounds like a disaster if we continue to run it and JB leaves.

It's a short sighted and an idiotic take that we need to continue this defense.

If Brad Stevens was available we'd tell him to take a hike because he wouldn't keep the zone? Give me a break.

Why do we need to run the 2/3 zone with the next coach? Because its worked so well the past year and have a great roster for it while we lose the best coach of it? Sounds like a disaster if we continue to run it and JB leaves.

If Brad Stevens was available we'd tell him to take a hike because he wouldn't keep the zone? Give me a break.

Yeah I don't see how imposing a strategy a new coach may not be comfortable with is a recipe for attracting the best candidate pool.

Last edited:

I meant I hope the original poster was being sarcastic, not you...

Yeah I don't see how imposing a strategy a new coach may not be comfortable with is a recipe or attracting the best canddiate pool.
Would you feel comfortable with a trian conductor flying a plane? I wouldn't. I just dont get some of these ideas on here or how people come up with them.

They might make some noise this year in the SEC. Hes got some talent now. Let's see what he does with it.

Guy can get talent, and we know what he did with less talent being a Buffalo (still was able to get better talent then they would usually get considering)

Don't get me wrong. I want Hopkins back he would be my plan wouldn't let him hang up phone without a YES. But Oats would be a great alternative choice.

Guy can get talent, and we know what he did with less talent being a Buffalo (still was able to get better talent then they would usually get considering)

Don't get me wrong. I want Hopkins back he would be my plan wouldn't let him hang up phone without a YES. But Oats would be a great alternative choice.
If they both succeed in the next few years the choice is Easy. It’ll be interesting if Washington struggles like they did this year and Alabama takes off. Assuming Oats wants to come you may need to take him in that scenario

His talent was decent. It will be better now. Let's see what he can do the next few years. Hop too.

Kira Lewis and John Petty were both top 40 recruits. I know people think Quinnerly is awesome for whatever reason, but he's never produced anything. Avery Johnson wasn't a bad recruiter either.

Kira Lewis and John Petty were both top 40 recruits. I know people think Quinnerly is awesome for whatever reason, but he's never produced anything. Avery Johnson wasn't a bad recruiter either.
I liked lewis alot. Petty was decent but. Quinerly is definitely overrated I think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom