NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Boston and Cleveland agreed to the trade in Italy last week.

It was done at ownership level.
Boston told Cleveland they could have one of Brown, Brooklyn pick, Lakers/Kings pick to go with IT/Crowder/Zizic l and chose the Brooklyn pick

Boston wouldn't give Tatum.

The smear campaign the Celtics are running on Thomas, saying he didn't get along with teammates, is pretty unnecessary and gross. Multiple former Celtics calling BS.

At least they got a guy, Kyrie, who has been voted Mr. Popularity by his teammates five outta six years in Cleveland. Dion voted for him twice one year.

The smear campaign the Celtics are running on Thomas, saying he didn't get along with teammates, is pretty unnecessary and gross. Multiple former Celtics calling BS.
The smear campaign is not coming from the Celtics. Do you actually believe Chris Broussard who has multiple " sources " telling him this crap.
Broussard makes crap up. None of the teammates had any problems with Isaiah. The problem with Isaiah was he wanted a max contract and he wanted to brink truck to be brought in. The Celtics didn't want to pay a 29-year-old 30+ million for 4-5 years. Overall Isaiah Thomas was the most popular athlete in Boston right now behind Tom Brady.

Broussard is saying other teams executives are telling him that not anyone from Boston.

Taking a page out of the red sox book. It's their standard move
The globe did it to Terry Francona.
Fans hated that crap. The Boston Globe is the worst newspaper in the United States of America.
It's owned by the Red Sox owner John Henry.

The globe did it to Terry Francona.
Fans hated that crap. The Boston Globe is the worst newspaper in the United States of America.
It's owned by the Red Sox owner John Henry.

Did it to Nomar. Manny I'm pretty sure. Pedro maybe?

The smear campaign is not coming from the Celtics. Do you actually believe Chris Broussard who has multiple " sources " telling him this crap.
Broussard makes crap up. None of the teammates had any problems with Isaiah. The problem with Isaiah was he wanted a max contract and he wanted to brink truck to be brought in. The Celtics didn't want to pay a 29-year-old 30+ million for 4-5 years. Overall Isaiah Thomas was the most popular athlete in Boston right now behind Tom Brady.

Broussard is saying other teams executives are telling him that not anyone from Boston.

There were people burning his jersey though...

Did it to Nomar. Manny I'm pretty sure. Pedro maybe?
Nomar quit on the team.
After a 12 inning Yankees/Red Sox game where Jeter broke his face on 7-1-04 Nomar had to go.

He was bitter from the A-Rod deal that fell thru.
He wasn't mistreated on the way out.

Manny pushed the 65 year old traveling secretary to the ground in Houston over tickets. Manny also wanted an extension and shut it down.
He wasn't mistreated.

Pedro was and is still loved. He left because the Sox knew his arm was done and worth a multi year contract.

Nomar quit on the team.
After a 12 inning Yankees/Red Sox game where Jeter broke his face on 7-1-04 Nomar had to go.

He was bitter from the A-Rod deal that fell thru.
He wasn't mistreated on the way out.

Manny pushed the 65 year old traveling secretary to the ground in Houston over tickets. Manny also wanted an extension and shut it down.
He wasn't mistreated.

Pedro was and is still loved. He left because the Sox knew his arm was done and worth a multi year contract.

LOL so I guess it worked on you for Nomar and Manny!!

I'm half kidding here, for the record.

LOL so I guess it worked on you for Nomar and Manny!!

I'm half kidding here, for the record.
After the Yankees-Sox game I listed myself and a ton of Red Sox fans wanted Nomar gone immediately.

I am sure Yankees classics still plays that game.
Nomar sat on the bench while the teams played a crazy game. Jeter broke his face running for a foul ball. Manny hit a home run and then they lost because of John Flattery(this game I am convinced got him a YES job)

Manny left because he was a huge headache and the team got a good replacement in the trade Jason Bay.

After the Yankees-Sox game I listed myself and a ton of Red Sox fans wanted Nomar gone immediately.

I am sure Yankees classics still plays that game.
Nomar sat on the bench while the teams played a crazy game. Jeter broke his face running for a foul ball. Manny hit a home run and then they lost because of John Flattery(this game I am convinced got him a YES job)

Manny left because he was a huge headache and the team got a good replacement in the trade Jason Bay.

That game is definitely a huge part of the YES rotation.

The more I think about it the more I think Boston didn't hurt themselves too much giving Cleveland the draft pick. After thinking about it and listening to all the pundits I don't think the Nets are going to be as bad as they have been as they have added Crabbe, Carroll, Mozgov, and Russell. I think it's more likely the pick is outside the top 3 and Atlanta, Chicago, Indiana, Orlando may all be worse.

The more I think about it the more I think Boston didn't hurt themselves too much giving Cleveland the draft pick. After thinking about it and listening to all the pundits I don't think the Nets are going to be as bad as they have been as they have added Crabbe, Carroll, Mozgov, and Russell. I think it's more likely the pick is outside the top 3 and Atlanta, Chicago, Indiana, Orlando may all be worse.

I think i said this before; ESPN real plus minus projections have them as like the fifth worst team in the league. Gives you about a 30% chance of a top 3 pick

Exactly.

Brooklyn will have no incentive to tank. They aren't going to be good but they aren't going to be as bad this year.
Ainge offered the Brooklyn pick, Lakers/Kings pick or Jaylen Brown and the Cavs chose the Nets pick.

I don't see the Nets right now as a bottom 3 right now. Plus I see the Lakers pick potentially falling in 2-5 range if the West eats them up.

The East so garbage next year:
Cleveland, Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Toronto, Miami are playoff teams.

The rest of the conference blows.
Philadelphia, Charlotte, Detroit, Indiana, New York, Orlando, Brooklyn fighting for 2 spots.

Chicago, Atlanta tanking.

I think i said this before; ESPN real plus minus projections have them as like the fifth worst team in the league. Gives you about a 30% chance of a top 3 pick
May not matter, as far as the Cavs are concerned. Who knows, they may use the pick this season to go after Boogie Cousins or someone else.

Exactly.

Brooklyn will have no incentive to tank. They aren't going to be good but they aren't going to be as bad this year.
Ainge offered the Brooklyn pick, Lakers/Kings pick or Jaylen Brown and the Cavs chose the Nets pick.

I don't see the Nets right now as a bottom 3 right now. Plus I see the Lakers pick potentially falling in 2-5 range if the West eats them up.

The East so garbage next year:
Cleveland, Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Toronto, Miami are playoff teams.

The rest of the conference blows.
Philadelphia, Charlotte, Detroit, Indiana, New York, Orlando, Brooklyn fighting for 2 spots.

Chicago, Atlanta tanking.

I think Charlotte's got a solid playoff roster type team. I think Monk helps them with some scoring off the bench, and while he's nowhere near what he was Dwight Howard should be a good addition for them.

I think Charlotte's got a solid playoff roster type team. I think Monk helps them with some scoring off the bench, and while he's nowhere near what he was Dwight Howard should be a good addition for them.
Yeah I should prefaced I think Philly, Charlotte and Detroit are step above those other teams.

2 of those 3 will make the playoffs.

It's amazing just how long the West has been more dominant than the East.

Legit since like 2000, no?

Also funny that the AL has been better almost every year than the NL in baseball for the same period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom