NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I like the deal for the Pistons. Griffin's more or less a forgotten star between the injuries and being in the West, but in the East he's like, what, the 4th best player in the conference?

When healthy, of course.
Drummond is going clog the floor for Griffin like Jordan.
It’s an upgrade in talent but not sure it’s a good fit.

Drummond is going clog the floor for Griffin like Jordan.
It’s an upgrade in talent but not sure it’s a good fit.
It's the East. Nobody cares about fit. Just get someone good and fill in the rest of the roster.

I like the deal for the Pistons. Griffin's more or less a forgotten star between the injuries and being in the West, but in the East he's like, what, the 4th best player in the conference?

When healthy, of course.

This is kind of what I think. My buddy is more on the "Blake is really injury prone and has a huge contract" side of the coin. I see his point, that deal could get ugly, but Blake is really good. So I'm torn

This is kind of what I think. My buddy is more on the "Blake is really injury prone and has a huge contract" side of the coin. I see his point, that deal could get ugly, but Blake is really good. So I'm torn

At the end of the day, I'd say it's worth the risk. They gave up an expiring contract, a scrub big man, and a meh young player for a guy who, when healthy, is a star.

Seeing the Blake/DeAndre pair prove to be good, but not good enough, and then try pairing him with Drummond is pretty awkward though lol.

At the end of the day, I'd say it's worth the risk. They gave up an expiring contract, a scrub big man, and a meh young player for a guy who, when healthy, is a star.

Seeing the Blake/DeAndre pair prove to be good, but not good enough, and then try pairing him with Drummond is pretty awkward though lol.

Also a first rounder and 2nd rounder which is what the Clips really wanted as well as getting away from enormous contract that Blake has for the next 4 years after this, which balloons to over 30 mil. I just think West had seen enough between the injuries and probably what is franchise dysfunction. DJ, Lou Williams and Doc are probably next to go, IMO. West is doing exactly what the owner is paying him to do, they gave Blake the 5th year he wanted but not the no trade clause for a reason.

Tobia Harris is having a pretty good year he is a 18 pts and 5 boards, I think he is a bit better than a Meh type player.

I think Griffin is a premadonna and not really liked by teammates, he has also had like 8 surgeries. Not a West type player. They guy decked a team manager, broke his hand and cost the team 2-3 months or whatever it was. In addition, he is aging in dog years and losing explosiveness every season.

I think West just waited for Blake to appear healthy with a nice swing of good games and started calling around to most desperate teams. Might be OK trade for Pistons if he stays reasonably healthy but that is a risky wager, also the move just wreaks od desperation by Van Gundy, it's his last ditch effort before he gest canned and he knows it but eventually Griffin will get hurt and they will be sitting on a contract like the Knicks are Noah's, IMO

West will beat the bushes in the draft much like he did for the Warriors coming up with solid mid to late first rounders.

Last edited:

yeah this is the weird part. And it's not like Reggie Jackson is Chris Paul. Griffin and Drummond are both really good passers though.

yeah this is the weird part. And it's not like Reggie Jackson is Chris Paul. Griffin and Drummond are both really good passers though.

Both teams are going to continue to trade.

To be clear, Clippers are going after Bron and PG13. Balmer isn't going to rebuild, he's going to want to reload, and there is a real opportunity with the logo to make it happen.

Bron has two houses worth a total of $44 million dollars in LA. He is gone from Cleveland unless they somehow win the title (even then, I think he may be gone).

I think West sees the landscape for Bron being Houston, Lakers or Clippers, with a quick chat with the Spurs.

For Detroit, the middle of the eastern conference is very soft. If Blake stays healthy (giant "if") and they can actually land Rodney Hood, they can absolutely be somewhat competitive. SVG is on deadline to make something happen.

Both teams are going to continue to trade.

To be clear, Clippers are going after Bron and PG13. Balmer isn't going to rebuild, he's going to want to reload, and there is a real opportunity with the logo to make it happen.

Bron has two houses worth a total of $44 million dollars in LA. He is gone from Cleveland unless they somehow win the title (even then, I think he may be gone).

I think West sees the landscape for Bron being Houston, Lakers or Clippers, with a quick chat with the Spurs.

For Detroit, the middle of the eastern conference is very soft. If Blake stays healthy (giant "if") and they can actually land Rodney Hood, they can absolutely be somewhat competitive. SVG is on deadline to make something happen.

Agree 100%, I think West definitely going to make a run at the LeBron and PG13, if they can't deal DJ he would be a nice piece on that team as well. Hiring Fizdale as your HC would help to land LeBron as well. Doc needs to go. Who would even want to be even remotely tied to the Ball family at this point, Lakers to me our toxic

Cleveland is going to win the east as an 8 seed, aren't they?
This could be like 2010.
I don’t see them winning the East with their current roster.
They need an upgrade in the backcourt for defense.
Kyrie wasn’t as bad as we thought.
He was just doing what LeBron did and coasted in the regular season.

The East is the best it has been in years. The Cavs need a trade.

Kevin Love broken left hand out 6-8 weeks.
I got your back Lebron...

cb93a6e8818b1ee9db01f1cf25fb1ac0

This could be like 2010.

Yeah I have to say I whiffed on Kyrie real bad, thought he'd get exposed this year without lebron.

This could be like 2010.

Time for the c’s to grab rodney hood

I am hearing Ainge wants Tereke Evans for some stupid reason.
I would like Favors.

I keep pushing O'Quinn half as a joke, but I think he could be useful. He's good. Better fit than Favors? Not sure.

Boston needs a scorer, right? They're like 20th in offense

I keep pushing O'Quinn half as a joke, but I think he could be useful. He's good. Better fit than Favors? Not sure.

Boston needs a scorer, right? They're like 20th in offense
They need a guy who can score off the bench and give the second time a guy to lead.

That is why Ainge likes Evans. I don’t want the guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom