NBA Playoffs | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Lebron is a joke

6'8 270 and flops like a punk

Also he uses 'gamesmanship' to instigate Green but he gets no flak?

Lebron -- he is SOFT

Bill Lambier or any of those 80 /90's guys would be on his ass like white on rice and throw him off his game

Again, it's Draymond...if you're going to step over anyone, it's him. Plus, I still have no issue with it because Draymond grabs his calf and looks like he squeezes it. At that point - step on the spaz.

I'm not sure LeBron instigated any moment in that three course conflict. He is a b*tch though, and usually is to blame - this time, not seeing it though.

I now love Aisha Curry(wife of Steph)

As I have said I usually like greatness regardless of the sport but I will never root for Lebron James unless he is wearing a USA jersey. He is not in Jordan/Magic/Bird/Duncan/Kobe discussion for me even though he is an alltimer.

LOL, that's awesome.

Didn't need for disrespectful step over

That was purposeful

He had room to left and right.

Curry's wife for win

The nut shot artist just grabbed at his calf - he should have stepped on his face.

Why wouldn't you dis Green? I'm not seeing a single reason in the world why anyone wouldn't do that to Dray - especially after dude was pawing at my leg and grabbing my calf. That's just weird and creepy.

draymond plays on the edge, and he generally acts like a tool. this suspension is a culmination of his idiocy over many weeks. people deify this guy, but he is the third (at best) best player on a championship level team. you know who else was third best on championship level teams? Horace grant and dennis rodman. dennis rodman was a clown too. the bulls could have won without either guy and the warriors will win without draymond green.

Lebron is a joke

6'8 270 and flops like a punk

Also he uses 'gamesmanship' to instigate Green but he gets no flak?

Lebron -- he is SOFT

Bill Lambier or any of those 80 /90's guys would be on his ass like white on rice and throw him off his game
Apparently you just have to call him a nerd or stupidhead and he'll lose his mind because he's a father and husband and you just don't say those things.

Eh, Draymond was on thin ice already. If he hadn't been such an ass all playoffs, he wouldn't be suspended. It added up and caught up to him. Dumb on his part. Calm down and play ball.

I'm cheering for the Warriors but that's exactly how I feel. Now I hear he is whining about not being able to be in the arena for the possible celebration. Well Draymond, actions have consequences - too bad.

I'm cheering for the Warriors but that's exactly how I feel. Now I hear he is whining about not being able to be in the arena for the possible celebration. Well Draymond, actions have consequences - too bad.

If Lebron stepped his nuts over my head I would have been much more intentional.

Lebron is seriously a joker. Such a talent, but just seems so phony. "Taking the high road"..pure gold. I've done a complete 180 on Lebron the last 2 years. I used to be a huge defender. I still obviously defend his talent. People who rip that are dumb.

I'm just amazed that Green got suspended for THAT. Especially when it seemed watching it on television that Lebron precipitated the entire altercation.

I'm not a Lebron fan, but I'm not looking at this through that lens. It didn't seem like much to me. Suspending a player seems like a really lopsided outcome--especially when the other party involved was the primary instigator, kept things going after the whistle, etc.

Cumulative flagrant foul points, but they could have given him a technical, like they gave Lebron.

I think it should have been double flagrants or double techs. Lebron initiated the action.

No doubt the Warriors seem to think LBJ is soft though. I don't remember any other team being this mouthy with him ever.

I feel like a lot of the posts here on this topic are just bizarro world. I know people hate LeBron and anything he does people love to make a bigger deal than it is or if someone comes at him people immediately gas it up but even these I'm just like huh?

Green swings at LeBron's nuts from behind and calls him a b!tch or p*ssy. LeBron steps to the guy who did that and that means he's soft? I guess a lot of people on here are pretty ok with someone telling them they're a b!tch or p*ssy? Without trying to sound like a hardass I've played with guys who are in the league now, would go play pickup with guys on the team at SU, been around guys who were NFL draft picks and just friends with people who aren't cornballs and am incredulous at the idea that people think if you were to walk up to any of them and test them with that they would just shrug their shoulders and be like welp ok.

Klay Thompson is causing some to need to change their shorts because he said LeBron's feelings got hurt and "it's a man's game". A) This is the same guy whining about Cavs setting hard screens a few days ago, right? B) I have a feeling Klay is much more bold when speaking to a room full of reporters in implying LeBron is soft than say if it was just he and LeBron at a gym during team USA practice.

Ayesha Curry subtweets LeBron. I've never heard anyone describe her as anything but some annoying try hard. But again, as long as LeBron is the target of the shade it becomes the funniest thing ever.

It's really easy for GSW to spout off and say stuff about LeBron because they know they're the better team and because they know people dislike LeBron and will gas up anything they do that slights him. It's really not that bold or ballsy.

Cumulative flagrant foul points, but they could have given him a technical, like they gave Lebron.

I think it should have been double flagrants or double techs. Lebron initiated the action.

No doubt the Warriors seem to think LBJ is soft though. I don't remember any other team being this mouthy with him ever.

Agree 100%.

I feel like a lot of the posts here on this topic are just bizarro world. I know people hate LeBron and anything he does people love to make a bigger deal than it is or if someone comes at him people immediately gas it up but even these I'm just like huh?

Green swings at LeBron's nuts from behind and calls him a b!tch or p*ssy. LeBron steps to the guy who did that and that means he's soft? I guess a lot of people on here are pretty ok with someone telling them they're a b!tch or p*ssy? Without trying to sound like a hardass I've played with guys who are in the league now, would go play pickup with guys on the team at SU, been around guys who were NFL draft picks and just friends with people who aren't cornballs and am incredulous at the idea that people think if you were to walk up to any of them and test them with that they would just shrug their shoulders and be like welp ok.

Klay Thompson is causing some to need to change their shorts because he said LeBron's feelings got hurt and "it's a man's game". A) This is the same guy whining about Cavs setting hard screens a few days ago, right? B) I have a feeling Klay is much more bold when speaking to a room full of reporters in implying LeBron is soft than say if it was just he and LeBron at a gym during team USA practice.

Ayesha Curry subtweets LeBron. I've never heard anyone describe her as anything but some annoying try hard. But again, as long as LeBron is the target of the shade it becomes the funniest thing ever.

It's really easy for GSW to spout off and say stuff about LeBron because they know they're the better team and because they know people dislike LeBron and will gas up anything they do that slights him. It's really not that bold or ballsy.

Well, trash talks been around for years, and it appears Lebron isn't happy with it. FWIW, Charles Barkley isn't a fan of the Warriors and he even is on the Warriors side here.

Talk about completely ignoring the context or anything prior to that. Nice try.

And I should say, I am certainly not a Draymond fan. Guy bugs me too. Can certainly fill up the sheets though and honestly seems pretty well-spoken in interviews off the court.

It wasn't just a hard screen. It was a screen in the middle of the lane during a drive. I take it you play/have played bball... how often does that happen? Even Irving (I think) wasn't expecting the screen, which is why it looked the way it did-- he didn't rub Klay off into Mozgov, because who the hell screens right there?

Well, trash talks been around for years, and it appears Lebron isn't happy with it. FWIW, Charles Barkley isn't a fan of the Warriors and he even is on the Warriors side here.

I saw Barkely quoted as saying "You aren't calling me a b!tch". I probably missed his other comments on it though.

I saw Barkely quoted as saying "You aren't calling me a b!tch". I probably missed his other comments on it though.

He also said, no one is stepping over me

Look Green was going to be out after his next "incident". The NBA suspending him is basically like saying they missed a technical on him during the game. I think its the right call IMO. Sure in this instance Lebron was as much and instigator as Green but you still can't take swings at guys and you can't take swings at there nutz. And yes Lebron is extremely "sensitive" about things, flops way too much, complains to the refs constantly and whines to the press as well. He is far from the only one who does this stuff however.

This gives game 5 some added interest. I'm not convinced Cleveland can beat GST @ GST without Green but at least I feel there is a chance.

Talk about completely ignoring the context or anything prior to that. Nice try.
It wasn't just a hard screen. It was a screen in the middle of the lane during a drive. I take it you play/have played bball... how often does that happen? Even Irving (I think) wasn't expecting the screen, which is why it looked the way it did-- he didn't rub Klay off into Mozgov, because who the hell screens right there?

I'm not sure the context helps Draymond when he's a guy who has a reputation of taking nut shots at guys and cheap shots helps his cause. Yea, they got tangled up and then LeBron stepped over him and Green swung at his nuts. They got tangled up again right after, he called LeBron a b!tch or p*ssy, LeBron stepped to him. Not really sure how that makes either one soft. Especially the one who stepped over him and then didn't back away when he got sack tapped from behind and was called either of those two things.

I'm not saying the screen was a textbook screen. Just saying that it's tough to whine about how a screen was too hard and then a few days later puff out your chest about how it's a man's game.

Also, might be smart for a guy like Klay who's mom didn't let him cash his own paychecks when he first entered the league to keep out of any of these types of conversations.

I'm not sure the context helps Draymond when he's a guy who has a reputation of taking nut shots at guys and cheap shots helps his cause. Yea, they got tangled up and then LeBron stepped over him and Green swung at his nuts. They got tangled up again right after, he called LeBron a b!tch or p*ssy, LeBron stepped to him. Not really sure how that makes either one soft. Especially the one who stepped over him and then didn't back away when he got sack tapped from behind and was called either of those two things.

Green is already in my group of players that although talented give me a bad taste because of their antics. Lebron too plus Westbrook and Harden.

I'm not saying the screen was a textbook screen. Just saying that it's tough to whine about how a screen was too hard and then a few days later puff out your chest about how it's a man's game.

Also, might be smart for a guy like Klay who's mom didn't let him cash his own paychecks when he first entered the league to keep out of any of these types of conversations.

You seem really hung up on the Lebron as "soft" aspect, and yet seem to be completely overlooking that Lebron [1] completely instigated and prolonged the incident with Green, over the course of multiple possessions, and [2] committed another dirty play with that hip check on Thompson.

The reason those plays occurred seems [to me] to do with frustration--that's why players usually resort to cheap shots. Most people seem to recognize those dirty plays for what they were. Doesn't mean that Green isn't dirty, too, but this is bush league by the league. Double technical would have been the correct outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom