NC ST Opens A 4.5 Point Favorite | Syracusefan.com

NC ST Opens A 4.5 Point Favorite

About where I expected. Meaning oddsmakers see these 2 teams basically even since home field is typically worth 4 point or so
http://syracusefan.com/index.php?threads/NC-State-opens--4.5-over-Syracuse...58994/#post-767830

I really have no idea how we will stack up against them...seems like a whole new season is about to start for the next 4 games. Only thing I can say is if we win against both NC State and GT, we will have a great crowd again for WF. Geez, our next home game with WF is 4 weeks away...

Yea to be honest not sure it's a road game so were def the underdog... We need the D to step up and have a great performance for once like 2010 esque when D won us a few games... Hope t hunt plays we'll need him to shine

HFA is worth 3 points in a betting line so Vegas is basically saying these are close to even teams, but remember NC State starting QB got hurt in their season opener vs La. Tech and he may come back next week versus Syracuse. I think the key to this game will be our OL vs the NC State DL. The Wolfpack DL is good and if we can't block this game will get ugly, but if NC State's QB is still out they will try to run the ball on us.

HFA is worth 3 points in a betting line so Vegas is basically saying these are close to even teams, but remember NC State starting QB got hurt in their season opener vs La. Tech and he may come back next week versus Syracuse. I think the key to this game will be our OL vs the NC State DL. The Wolfpack DL is good and if we can't block this game will get ugly, but if NC State's QB is still out they will try to run the ball on us.
HFA this year currently sits at closer to 4.25

has climbed slightly to -5. Moneyline has Syracuse with 36% chance to win

Typical Syracuse loser mentality - come on be better than that...we could win by 17 too.
We have played three BCS opponents and are 0-3 with two blow outs and a loss to what now appears to be a very mediocre PSU. Our secondary has been so bad I just dont have much optimism. I was hoping the NW game was just a bad day but Saturday showed me different, I hope Im wrong but I now think 4-8 is what were looking at

We have played three BCS opponents and are 0-3 with two blow outs and a loss to what now appears to be a very mediocre PSU. Our secondary has been so bad I just dont have much optimism. I was hoping the NW game was just a bad day but Saturday showed me different, I hope Im wrong but I now think 4-8 is what were looking at

Agree STO 100%, I think we are toast. The bottomline is this team just isn't very good, talent, coaching etc. I think we have a shot to win 5 no more than that. Cant see us beating Nc ST, Ga Tech or Maryland. I say we win 2 of 3 versus Wake, NC and or Pitt, Pitt actually looks good this year. 4 wins.

It's not the fans that need to worry about their loser mentality. Like I said, I hope I am wrong. I actually though we might compete a bit on Saturday having two weeks to prepare. The first TD by Clemson was truly disheartening

If the OL and offense aren't coached this week to get the ball out quick and are prepared for the best DL we will have faced all season this week I will be scared to touch this line. NC State doesn't have much of a passing game, but their running game is solid and Doeren is a decent coach. We can beat this team if its a low scoring game in the 20s, but I want to see our team better prepared this week.

This play is why Sports betting can be painful.
Ohio State was -7 versus Northwestern.
Wanna bet Musburger had Northwestern +7 based on his defeatist tone.

This play is why Sports betting can be painful.
Ohio State was -7 versus Northwestern.
Wanna bet Musburger had Northwestern +7 based on his defeatist tone.

He seems to make a mention of the line or some reference to sports gambling during all of his broadcasts. That was such an insane ending for people who had $$ on the game; I agree about him having money on Northwestern.

He seems to make a mention of the line or some reference to sports gambling during all of his broadcasts. That was such an insane ending for people who had $$ on the game; I agree about him having money on Northwestern.
Yup. Musberger and Al Michaeals always make subtle spread and O/U references every week. Its awesome. Al Michaels said something in the game last night about the total.

Al Michaels was taking about the o/u of 41 which was hilarious how Collinsworth was reacting like only you could get away with talking about the gambling lines so blatantly and not get criticism from our bosses.

Musberger is obsessed with talking about the point spread during the games and then giving his gambling advice for the MNF game whenever they do the promo for it and Herbie asks him for advice. This week Brent said lay the points with Matt Ryan in the Dome against turnover prone Geno Smith, and Herbie couldn't stop chuckling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom