NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State

5th game in a row.. Has Burns committed foul yet?
I seriously dont wanna go all conspiracy theory or anything...

BUUUT

wouldnt the ACC as a whole stand to benefit a lot from one of the teams that wasnt going to make it winning the ACCT...and getting that autobid??

more teams equals more money...right?

like in bottomline dollars and sense...any number crunchers know how much more would the conference actually get if NC state makes the tourney on top of all the locks?

it was CLEAR AS DAY that the refs were favoring NC state vs the CUSE...like it was predecided...that total foul discrepancy didnt match my eye test...only 9 fouls all game??? and they made contact like it was their religion!

AND the Horne thing is a bit fishy, too...was he even injured? certainly didnt play like vs Cuse (havent watched the other games)...maybe maaaaybe (total conjecture!) NC state already knew they were going to be playing A LOT OF GAMES this week...so better to rest him for "game 1", even thought it WAS a life or death game...ton of confidence from the coach, there...

and now just looking at the box score..."injured Horne" is the leading scorer in the 2nd half of the ACC title game...hmmmm...they must have an amazing medical team there!! ( game isnt over but NC state is up 5)

on top of all that, big picture in NCAABB, pandora's box is out of the bag...this is a totally paid sport... a ton of teams got caught redhanded a few years back breaking every rule in the book and nothing happened

find it hard to beleive that the corrution doesnt run much deeper than was already revealed...

possible motive: there's a lot on the line at the moment for conferences with realignment and fight for survival...a conference like the ACC not having its normal amount of bids could be more than a little annoying...it could have ramifications...no?

PLUS, the NET system was TOTALLY gamed by other schools esp BIG 12...could be a way of "levelling the playing field a bit"...no?

all that said...watch UNC win anyway...

anyhooo...go ahead flame away...feel free to mock my tinfoil hat...its fine really...

If NC state wins today, it will take Pitt's place. I think we would have been bump out of NCAA tournament if we reached ACC tournament final but did not win the championship. Too many teams steal bubble teams' place this year.
maybe ...we'll have to see on selection sunday...

5th game in a row.. Has Burns committed foul yet?
There is a 98% chance Burns will have 2 fouls before the u12 timeout in the first half.
Not a chance they beat UNC tonight imo. 5th game in 5 days, one of which went to OT, burns won't be able to push around bancot like he has other centers this tournament and I question what he'll have left in the tank. UNC likes to run which will further wear down NCST who's legs which will likely be gone by the start of the second half, if not sooner. UNC is probably the worst team for NCST to run into at this point in time.
NC State has played very physical basketball through this tourney and gotten away with few fouls. Will be interesting to see if the refs swallow their whistles again tonight.
My thoughts exactly. This has a depends on how the officials call the game being the key factor.
hmmmm... burns only with 2 fouls deep in the 2nd half...hmmm...refs seem to be swallowing whsitels thus far...hmmmmm

wonder why

hmmmm... burns only with 2 fouls deep in the 2nd half...hmmm...refs seem to be swallowing whsitels thus far...hmmmmm

wonder why
Burns does a good job with his belly with keeping his arms straight up. That and Bacot isn’t really working him in the post.

Fun game. NC State is playing great ball. So efficient on every possession.
Mike O’Connell is the difference maker. 10 points above his average this tournament.

Mike O’Connell is the difference maker. 10 points above his average this tournament.
With good teams & chemistry, you never know which player will step up.

NC getting away w a lot

Cadeau tried to take Diarras head off

Last edited:
No moral victories…

But losing to the eventual ACC champs definitely feels better

Impressive run good for them. Hope everyone else other than UNC and DUke gets left out from the ACC.

Hope Judah and Taylor are the only regulars we lose from our team this year I think we were better than NC State.

that is rather amazing.. 5 wins 5 days.

Only one other team ever did that and that team won the national championship.

To have a great post season run, you need great guard play, contributions from everyone and some X factor guy who plays better than they have all year.

We had that except for the great guard play, contributions from everyone and some X factor guy who plays better than they have all year.

We have to give it to them. Heck of a tournament and a great story. ACC will be a lot easie for SU next year with all the grad students and seniors leaving. We have a chance to have a really nice year.

Good for State. They earned that title with how hard they played and the leadership of Horne and Burns. Wish we had some of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom