NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said man. I gave it to memorial day it started a couple weeks before. That people were only gonna take this for so long. Expect more and more pushback from people opening businesses defying state orders on reopening and social distancing guidelines especially as the weather gets nice and more and more phases open up more businesses.

People can push back all they want. Those people illegally opening their business will be fined or jailed or both. States have the right to protect their citizens in a pandemic, per the U.S. Supreme Court.

BTW, not every business is in hurry to open. See MLB, NBA, and the NHL.

People can push back all they want. Those people illegally opening their business will be fined or jailed or both. States have the right to protect their citizens in a pandemic, per the U.S. Supreme Court.

BTW, not every business is in hurry to open. See MLB, NBA, and the NHL.

Citing the MLB, NBA, and NHL is a bad example. With teams owned by Billionaire owners with millionaire players. The Neighborhood barbershop and bar etc have a bit more urgency to reopen.

Citing the MLB, NBA, and NHL is a bad example. With teams owned by Billionaire owners with millionaire players. The Neighborhood barbershop and bar etc have a bit more urgency to reopen.

Social distancing and alcohol should go well.

just follow the facts and the science.
Indeed. There is a factual economic or scientific counter to each "opinion". For me, if you cant argue both "sides" with facts, you shouldn't participate in the discussion.

On my FB page, I only post scientific/economic studies. I refuse to post anything political. The thing that cracks me up more than anything? In my diverse friend group, the same far left, and far right almost ALWAYS agree with the facts. They have NO idea that the other half- that they are diametrically opposed to - agrees. Its seriously messed up, but a fun experiment.. lol

Social distancing and alcohol should go well.

1590117564011.png

I’d argue the opposite. Those are businesses losing hundreds of millions of dollars more than your barbershop or bar. Those people can go work at Costco or Kroger and make money. How are those players and owners going to replace millions in salary/revenue? You really think they don’t want to open for business?

They cant figure out sensible, safe way to do it.

I’d argue the opposite. Those are businesses losing hundreds of millions of dollars more than your barbershop or bar. Those people can go work at Costco or Kroger and make money. How are those players and owners going to replace millions in salary/revenue? You really think they don’t want to open for business?

My barber is in his 70s hes been cutting hair since he was in his teens. This is his life hes been heartbroken. Like I said think about the people behind the closed businesses.

My barber is in his 70s hes been cutting hair since he was in his teens. This is his life hes been heartbroken. Like I said think about the people behind the closed businesses.

He’s really high risk then. Can’t imagine he’d want to get Covid19, right?

What’s early heartbreaking is seeing 93,000 people die in just a few months. Alone with no family around. You should think about those people and their families. Your barber lucky. He is still alive and well.

You said it yourself. We need to isolate the old and less healthy. Your barber too.

Last edited:
Like I said man. I gave it to memorial day it started a couple weeks before. That people were only gonna take this for so long. Expect more and more pushback from people opening businesses defying state orders on reopening and social distancing guidelines especially as the weather gets nice and more and more phases open up more businesses.

and when you want to go to the dome in the fall and can’t, blame yourself and your anarchy friends.

Im just gonna say. As a trump guy, He made a mistake putting the reopening in the hands of the Governors. It should have been a Universal reopening thats why you have people frustrated in NYC, NJ, Michigan etc because they see other states and people and businesses coming back online. It should have been like I think the president originally planned more of a Universal reopening.
No. He didnt. If you believe in the constitution, only the 10th amendment applies here. It gives states the right to police itself, and powers not specifically granted by the constitution, or otherwise in the bill of rights. Federal powers only apply to interstate borders. State rights are big in the constitution. As a fan of the Constitution? I wholeheartedly agree.

There is legal precedence, here. Louisiana 1900, for, and many others. It seems you are looking for an overreach of the constitutional authority? Look at san fran/Chinatown, 1908, I think. The vast majority of constitutional law sides with the former, though.

Okay but a lot of us in NY state don't trust the Governor on reopening (BTW neither does McMahon).

Yet he has an 81% approval rating. He has a plan, he shares it, he tracks it, it’s available online. Check it out sometime.

Yet he has an 81% approval rating. He has a plan, he shares it, he tracks it, it’s available online. Check it out sometime.

You think McMahon trusts Cuomo and the state.

The owners are fine, the people who print the game programs and pour the beer are the ones eating it.

It's rather flippant to tell a small business owner laying off people to stock a shelf at Costco.

Many of those shops are open here (not barber). People wear masks, respect space for the most part. No reports of illnesses breaking out from someone going to the hardware store.

That being said, the Dome is about as least friendly COVID sports building I can think of.

Why not argue both?

Personally, I'm not getting my hair cut, but theres some logic that might indicate 1 person might be able to reasonably provide a "safe" service for 25 folks a day, no? Mutual ppe, etc... heck, use a hydrochloric acid air filter(removes 99% plus of virus) between clients? Dentist offices are doing that, around me. I'm confused with some of the "absolutes". Am I off, in that regard?

Last edited:
I can’t wait until this is over so I can argue with somebody who isn’t grossed out by the fact that we play Liberty in football. That’s way more fun

The owners are fine, the people who print the game programs and pour the beer are the ones eating it.

It's rather flippant to tell a small business owner laying off people to stock a shelf at Costco.

Many of those shops are open here (not barber). People wear masks, respect space for the most part. No reports of illnesses breaking out from someone going to the hardware store.

That being said, the Dome is about as least friendly COVID sports building I can think of.

The owners are fine. Players too. Buy they are losing a ton of money. They want to get back to business too, if possible.

If a barber or bar owner needs to find work temporarily to feed their families they can find work. There are plenty of places that are doing well right now and are hiring. Kroger is one. Amazon. Walmart. That‘s life right now.

One side says follow the science and listen to the experts.
The ones who continually every week say something different. Even Cuomo keeps saying they tell me one thing, then come back in a few days and say we were wrong.

BTW, Last word on this thread for me. I don't trust the Governor and his plans/phases that change like the phases of the moon. I would feel alot better if McMahon had the authority to have made the plans phases for reopening the region (put him in charge for the entire region) since hes the county executive of the biggest county in the region. His plan would be complete and consistent with all businesses thats why you wouldn't have confusion where certain businesses like gyms fall in what phases for example.

HW Bush had an 89% after the Iraq War. You know that's fleeting.

And handling of the situation is what it reflects.

BTW, Last word on this thread for me. I don't trust the Governor and his plans/phases that change like the phases of the moon. I would feel alot better if McMahon had the authority to have made the plans phases for reopening the region (put him in charge for the entire region) since hes the county executive of the biggest county in the region. His plan would be complete and consistent with all businesses thats why you wouldn't have confusion where certain businesses like gyms fall in what phases for example.

I’m not confused by cuomos plan. Must be you.

The ones who continually every week say something different. Even Cuomo keeps saying they tell me one thing, then come back in a few days and say we were wrong.

it is certainly an evolving situation because nobody’s seen this one before. We learn something new every day.

The owners are fine. Players too. Buy they are losing a ton of money. They want to get back to business too, if possible.

If a barber or bar owner needs to find work temporarily to feed their families they can find work. There are plenty of places that are doing well right now and are hiring. Kroger is one. Amazon. Walmart. That‘s life right now.

Barbers are cutting hair in people's backyards, apparently a bigger than thought underground market.

Anyway this is getting off point. If the Dome can get 6k-8K it might be a strange home field advantage considering the acoustics of the place.

I can’t wait until this is over so I can argue with somebody who isn’t grossed out by the fact that we play Liberty in football. That’s way more fun

don’t get me started on liberty. No way we should be playing them. Not last year not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.