NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whos prognosis is better long term if they get it if your younger or older with underlying medical conditions ?

If we get it we can recover and be back to work and everyday life in 2 weeks. Older people with underlying conditions get it could be a lot worse. Plus the older people are not working anyway and don't go out and socialize as much as the younger demographic so asking them to stay home to stay safe is not to hard to ask. I know it comes off as selfish but we need to work we need to be out there some of us are trying to build and support families of our own. Thats all and last thing im saying think about how this affects your opposing generation too.

Took this guy 8 weeks and he’s still not back to everyday life. He was very healthy too.

Coronavirus survivor, 43, shares shocking photo showing 50-lb weight loss

Last edited:
I looked up online and the stats i got from the most recent census was age 44. But the point is we know the demographics of the population who needs to be isolated and the majority of the population does not. So like the growing across the country isolate the sick and vunerable not the young and healthy. That's the point.
Better isolate the obese

The biggest concern I would think is students spreading to older, more vulnerable campus employees and visitors. If this article from the WSJ is correct or at least on to something, could be a hopeful sign for SU and schools in general:

That's a given, and it will happen.
In the CBS link I posted, they are expecting players to be infected, and are planning how to work with that, as well.

That's awesome. Happy for you. As would I. At no point did I accuse you of being obese.

Sorry bro. We just want out lives back thats all. Which includes Football in the Fall.

What's crazy is the fact you don't think every single person on this board- an internet forum where Syracuse fans, mostly strangers, discuss Syracuse football- wants football back.
Or all parts of our lives. I have said this before but at 64, I'm running out of time for the things I enjoy. But I believe in science. I believe that an expert like Dr fauci, who has served under 6 Presidents, Dems and repubs, knows more about this than a Glen Beck or Sean Hannity. Neither of which got a college degree.

What's crazy is the fact you don't think every single person on this board- an internet forum where Syracuse fans, mostly strangers, discuss Syracuse football- wants football back.

No not go go over again. It's more a mindset by certain people that think if anybody chooses to attend a large gathering event now or like a football game this fall we are gonna get people sick and were selfish because we choose not to live in fear.

No not go go over again. It's more a mindset by certain people that think if anybody chooses to attend a large gathering event now or like a football game this fall we are gonna get people sick and were selfish because we choose not to live in fear.

So you think a highly contagious virus won’t be spread among people at a football game? Why do you think leagues are looking at having games without fans in the stands?

It’s not about living in fear. It’s about being responsible. You don‘t have the right to infect other people. Why do you think you do?

It's not selfish because you choose to not live in fear. That is silly. You are selfish because you don't listen to experts and choose to listen to people that agree with your uninformed opinion.

No problem with this. As long as you accept responsibility. If there is a second wave, and thousands more die, that's on you and the people that are so anxious to open up in violation of the Presidents own standards.
A second wave is a given. That's why the announced accelerated academic calendar. We're planning for it.

it's a 2 tiered health/economic problem. Both with dire outcomes.(example: UN secretary predict hundreds of thousands of child deaths, due to the economic down turn) Difficult for me to understand why theres a stay home forever crowd, and open it up like nothing happened crowd. For me? That's fantasy. I think we all wish it was that simple. It most definitely, is not.

So you think a highly contagious virus won’t be spread among people at a football game? It’s not about living in fear. It’s about being responsible. You don‘t have the right to infect other people. Why do you think you do?

sTaY hOmE iF u DonT wAnNa Be InFeCtEd We GoTtA lIvE aRe LiVeS. sTaY iN uR bUbBlE iF uR sCaReD tHe ReSt Of Us WiLl Be In ThE dOmE dRiNkIn BeEr N eAtInG dOmE dOgS aFtEr GeTtInG fReSh ShAvEs FrOm ArE BaRbErS

A second wave is a given. That's why the announced accelerated academic calendar. We're planning for it.

it's a 2 tiered health/economic problem. Both with dire outcomes.(example: UN secretary predict hundreds of thousands of child deaths, due to the economic down turn) Difficult for me to understand why theres a stay home forever crowd, and open it up like nothing happened crowd. For me? That's fantasy. I think we all wish it was that simple. It most definitely, is not.
I would love to know who you think is a stay at home forever crowd. I have never met such a person. Everyone wants life back to normal. At least everyone I know.

Last edited:

for the 1000th time. You’re more than welcome to go where you want if the establishment is allowed to operate and they and you follow the rules. You promote people doing whatever they want.

Back to the topic at hand, seems that Cuse is starting classes two weeks later than UNC but both ending at the same time?

is unc doing sat/sun classes?

while it is fact that the end result for an older person is much worse than for a young person, in central New York the age group for the most infections is 20-29. They survive it for the most part, but they also pass it on to others that are more susceptible to bad outcomes.
Yes the old people are the ones we have to protect but when college kids come home they should be tested and avoid the elders

I would love to know who you think is a stay at home forever crowd. I have never met such a person. Everyone wants live back to normal. At least everyone I know.

Agree here. I’d love to go see a football game, concert or have a beer in a bar. It just doesn‘t make sense right now to be around people that could have coronavirus or possibly having it myself without knowing it, and spreading it to others.

if it going to be 50 % or less for everygame i can see them making 2 3 game packs were each season ticket holders can go to half the games with the extra counted towards 21 season tickets or refunded or asked about using the excess towards a contribution to improve your rank.

package 1:
fsu
Colgate
georgia Tech

package 2:
Louisville
Liberty
Nc State

is unc doing sat/sun classes?

Unclear, read about expanded schedules or some-such. Tuition not going up. It's 10 days earlier than normal so it should be pretty do-able without Sundays at least.

if it going to be 50 % or less for everygame i can see them making 2 3 game packs were each season ticket holders can go to half the games with the extra counted towards 21 season tickets or refunded or asked about using the excess towards a contribution to improve your rank.

package 1:
fsu
Colgate
georgia Tech

package 2:
Louisville
Liberty
Nc State

So like the Wake Forest game last year? Felt like we were social distancing for that one. At least we had a fun ending In OT. Think I paid $6/ticket.

I would love to know who you think is a stay at home forever crowd. I have never met such a person. Everyone wants life back to normal. At least everyone I know.
I've heard some political pundits saying we need to stay home until there is a vaccine. While hopeful, that may never happen. Others, that we need more effective treatments until we reopen..(again, hopeful, but it's not a short term definite) . I lumped these into the "forever".

It's likely just politically charged discourse for clicks/viewership. Same with some pundits on the other side. Dont wear a mask, etc... smh. There is an awful lot of politically charged discourse, that conveniently ignores independent critical thinking. How we could politicize something that affects us all boggles my mind. At least for me, both sides are guilty.

I've heard some political pundits saying we need to stay home until there is a vaccine. While hopeful, that may never happen. Others, that we need more effective treatments until we reopen..(again, hopeful, but it's not a short term definite) . I lumped these into the "forever".

It's likely just politically charged discourse for clicks/viewership. Same with some pundits on the other side. Dont wear a mask, etc... smh. There is an awful lot of politically charged discourse, that conveniently ignores independent critical thinking. How we could politicize something that affects us all boggles my mind. At least for me, both sides are guilty.

I haven’t heard a single person say stay home till a vaccine or treatment. I’ve heard them say until there is a vaccine and/or treatment we won’t be able to go back completely to what we used to have. But they’ve also said we need broad and successful testing to be able to more quickly and confidently open up. That’s not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.