NCAA Rules Proposal would extend 3-point line

Cuse#1

Scout Team
Players will still shoot three-pointers, so couldn't it also make the zone have to extend even more?
I was thinking the same thing. Having to extend a lil bit more therefore leaving the middle open that commentators never fail to mention that it's the opponents sweet spot to hit ;). Still think it's a good thing this will happen and will help more than potentially hurt maybe at times

SWC75

Bored Historian
And maybe they don't and what makes it positive? And why should they be the same? What are the percentages of college players actually needing to play by pro rules because they will be playing in the pros? Vast majority won't so no need to play pro rules. And are the pro rule right? I mean pros travel more often than not on drives. Yeah it's not their rules but that's how they play. I guess MAYBE if the pros actually followed their rules and applied the equally to ALL players I would feel different.

I just think that if the basket is 10 feet tall you don't make it 8 feet in high school and 9 feet in college.

acuse816

Walk On
I was thinking the same thing. Having to extend a lil bit more therefore leaving the middle open that commentators never fail to mention that it's the opponents sweet spot to hit ;). Still think it's a good thing this will happen and will help more than potentially hurt maybe at times
I agree, but for certain teams it will be tougher. Remember last fall's UConn game at MSG with the NBA three-point line on the court in addition to the NCAA line? That was not fun.

manleyzoo

2nd String
Anything that hurts the zone I'm all for. I've had enough of hoping-the-ball-doesn't-go-in basketball that's only gotten worse over the years. If the zone has to extend out farther and more shots are available inside the arc where a higher percentage can hopefully go in that's a good thing. That might get me hoping again that we'd actually see some variety from JB on both ends of the court. I'd much prefer to see the game open up and the ball actually go through the basket for both teams than the way it is now.

upperdeck

Living Legend
i dont think we play any different on D. some of the 3s will become 2s unless the offense backs up further and some kids wont shoot as well that extra few inches. the good shooters dont care as much about the line if they are set its the other kids we need to hope keep shooting.

Maxsumm

Scout Team
I think these changes will make the Syracuse 2-3 zone more effective. For a team that doesn’t shoot great from the outside, and has been having increasing issues defending the 3 point shot, this will be a godsend.
UVA says hold my beer they were making wide open long threes against Cuse. Counterpoint to this is guarding a wider further 3pt line will introduce more space in the zone

two3zone

Living Legend
Hey we hear Boeheim has three 3- point gunslingers next year.

Let’s move that line back ASAP
Think it is a positive rather than a negative. Shooters can shoot, move the line back and they're still excellent, where the line is now, guys who have no business shooting can hit 33% or better, those guys won't be shooting anymore.

Top Bottom