NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans...

Canceling a tournament like this has big side effects, down to things like people who bet on winners months ago. What happens to that? Refunds?

But *I’M* not going to die. If I catch it I’ll just go to the gym and try to sweat it out with a good workout!

So many selfish morons when they have a cold.^^^

Hopefully at least some people will smarten up and think of somebody besides themselves from this.

I’ve had a cough since Sunday with no fever. Had to cancel 3 fitness classes. Started doing it in early January and was starting to see results...and then I get a cough and haven’t gone since last Thursday. Hopefully I won’t have to cancel tomorrow, I’m feeling pretty much fine but want to be safe for the other 30+ people in the class.

Right, wrong, whatever. No answer to that. What this is though is crazy. No fans is wild.

This is a massive tournament and no fans regardless of reason is simply crazy stuff.
WHAT??

I’ve had a cough since Sunday with no fever. Had to cancel 3 fitness classes. Started doing it in early January and was starting to see results...and then I get a cough and haven’t gone since last Thursday. Hopefully I won’t have to cancel tomorrow, I’m feeling pretty much fine but want to be safe for the other 30+ people in the class.
That’s nearly an lic humble brag.

I can't believe you would not get a refund. The NCAA cancelled the fan part of the tournament. It's not that you decided not to go.

Here is the info on the refunds. Of course they are not refunding the fees. Sounds like a upcoming class action lawsuit.

Updated ticket information for NCAA Championship events closed to public.

MORE INFO: DI Men's Basketball Tickets | NCAA.com NCAA Final Four on Twitter

Yup. I had a cold in September that kept me home for a solid week. Definitely was frustrating because I was in the habit of going 5-6 times a week. But no big deal in the scheme of things. Nothing worse than hearing people cough at the gym. Makes you not want to touch anything.

I get that but normal flu precautions such as washing hands etc (which believe it or not for the civilized western world is a new concept these days) and taking normal flu season steps and It should be fine.

But people will still gather in large groups. That is unavoidable I think. I agree with the decision to call of crowds just don’t think it’ll do much.

You're a Canadian. We rely on you to be the empathetic and thoughtful voice of reason. We're the ones who are supposed to be irrational meatheads. Please stop messing with the natural order of things.

There's no way the ACC doesn't follow suit.

That kinda makes me happy that Tobacco Road won’t be able to fill up their precious Greensboro Colosseum, solely due to their overreactions towards Boeheim and completely irrational mindset over the whole thing.

Tough break fellas. There’s always Brooklyn in 2022! Cmon up!

Let's freeze this post. You're talking about a virus, not the flu and one that is 10 times worse than the flu.
We are also playing catchup which we may never win and have medical facilities overwhelmed.

As the governor of Washington said, do what is needed. If you don't you may kill your grandfather.
As a senior citizen, I understand concerns but please be careful of starting panic. 10 times worse than the flu could mean instead of having a 0.5% mortality it is 5%. Yes a lot but not the Black death. Sunday my wife found the shelves for peril, soal, dish soap etc empty. It's not necessary folks. Be concerned for yourself, your family and you neighbors! Common sense.

That all said, my son who works for an IT, progamming company is working from home tomorrow as the whole office is testings it abilty to do so if businesses are asked to close.

WHAT??
You read my post wrong. I didn’t say there doesn’t exist a reason to do it. I mean reason aside... this tournament with no fans is crazy. In any circumstance.

It’s weird how nearly everyone in a position of authority, around the world, is making decisions to eliminate or minimize large gatherings of people in confined areas after getting advice from epidemiologists and medical doctors, yet it’s all a media-induced overreaction according to some internet posters.

As a senior citizen, I understand concerns but please be careful of starting panic. 10 times worse than the flu could mean instead of having a 0.5% mortality it is 5%.

Dude... I mean, sir... that is SO much worse. When something is 10 times worse than something else, that is a big deal!

You're a Canadian. We rely on you to be the empathetic and thoughtful voice of reason. We're the ones who are supposed to be irrational meatheads. Please stop messing with the natural order of things.
You’ll get your low hanging likes on the Canadian thing... which you have used a few times before. However, my posts states that A. You should wash your hands B. I agree with the decision C. However, I don’t think this will stop crowds as seen in France.

It’s weird how nearly everyone in a position of authority, around the world, is making decisions to eliminate or minimize large gatherings of people in confined areas after getting advice from epidemiologists and medical doctors, yet it’s all a media-induced overreaction according to some internet posters.
Liability is a strong motivator

My wife works for the FDA and just received a mandatory telework order for Thursday and Friday.

Just get the god damn testing kits to all clinics/urgent cares and this thing would be contained.

I swear to god it’s not hard. If you experience a fever, flu like symptoms stay home.
Just now I went to Whole Foods and literally everyone is crazy worried about everyone else.
Wash your hands,

Can we get some god damn leadership from our elected officials.

This thing would be contained in 4 weeks.