Class of 2017 - ND Transfer DB Mykelti Williams (IN) Not Admitted to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ND Transfer DB Mykelti Williams (IN) Not Admitted to Syracuse

Well hopefully there is a OV set up after next Wednesday. I like the kid. He looks like a hard hitter.

So, does he have 3 years of eligibility left? Or just 2?

And does he transfer in as a Juco and then is eligible immediately? Or does he have to sit a year?

Inquiring (read: lazy) minds want to know.

4 star kid with a lot of big offers coming out of high school. Would be huge in the secondary.

So, does he have 3 years of eligibility left? Or just 2?

And does he transfer in as a Juco and then is eligible immediately? Or does he have to sit a year?

Inquiring (read: lazy) minds want to know.
I believe he could play right away and is elligible for 3...I think...can someone else do the research for me.

Nice development here...If we are fortunate enough to reel this young man in, coupled with perhaps James Pierre playing next year and Devin Butler and we have some nice new talent...

I'm thinking and hoping and wishing and praying that Dino announces that Pierre is qualified and practicing with the team. Adding Williams as well and SU would actually have decent numbers and size in the defensive backfield.

I'm thinking and hoping and wishing and praying that Dino announces that Pierre is qualified and practicing with the team. Adding Williams as well and SU would actually have decent numbers and size in the defensive backfield.
Pierre is the strangest thing. I keep following him but see no reference to being at a prep and then their is the James Pierre the freshman who is in the SU directory. But if you followed his tweets you would think no way is he at SU. :noidea:

Pierre is the strangest thing. I keep following him but see no reference to being at a prep and then their is the James Pierre the freshman who is in the SU directory. But if you followed his tweets you would think no way is he at SU. :noidea:

I wasn't sure of his status either but I figured I had missed something and didn't want to start a new discussion. I guess it's an official mystery if you're confused.

I wasn't sure of his status either but I figured I had missed something and didn't want to start a new discussion. I guess it's an official mystery if you're confused.
Oh no, I'm often confused. Just ask my husband. ;)

Any chance he's taking distance learning (online) classes? Not sure how any of that works, but I thought I had read the School of Management has extensive online offerings.

Just because he's still listed in the directory doesn't mean he ever made it to campus.

If he enters the fold our safeties are finally starting to take shape. Williams is 6-0 200, with Foster 6-0 208, Whitner 6-0 200, Pierre hopefully 6-2 175, Clarke 6-2 190 and Ifeatu 6-1 190.

If he enters the fold our safeties are finally starting to take shape. Williams is 6-0 200, with Foster 6-0 208, Whitner 6-0 200, Pierre hopefully 6-2 175, Clarke 6-2 190 and Ifeatu 6-1 190.
Supposedly Ifeatu is 6'3

Could Pierre qualify to play depending on his grades? I guess I don't know how that works. Hypothetically, could he spend a year at 'Cuse, make the grades, and have four years of eligibility?

Could Pierre qualify to play depending on his grades? I guess I don't know how that works. Hypothetically, could he spend a year at 'Cuse, make the grades, and have four years of eligibility?

I think there is an obscure NCAA rule that allowed borderline academic cases like Pierre to enroll in school despite not being fully qualified, BUT to have to focus on school for a full academic year and not play a sport.

So, the guy in the directory could be the football team's Pierre, enrolled in school under that rule. And if he garners at least a 2.0 GPA, then he'd be qualified to join the football team in summer camp.

Or, the guy in the directory might just have the same name by coincidence. Nobody knows at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom