Netflix questions | Syracusefan.com

Netflix questions

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
So, we are new to Netflix (generally any time the wife and I pick up on something popular, it dies in a couple months) and I don't see why many think its all that great. Have had greater than half the movies we watch freeze up in the middle for no apparent reason and find the selection to disappoint overall. Is this most people's experience?

Anyway, I feel lazy and don't want to do any actual research so I put it out here, can I download shows/movies to the laptop so that I can watch them later (like when I fly out to LA this weekend), and if so how? If not, do any of the other services allow this (like Hulu)?

we use netflix on about 10 different devices.. never freezes on computer/roku/chromecast/ipad/droid.

I dont think any of these streaming site "allow" downloading kind of defeats the purpose of the tool.

if its freezing more likely its your local network, are you changing the bandwidth to see if that helps.

I have very low bandwidth at home and never have a problem.

I’ve also never had a Netflix streaming problem – the issue has always been with my internet provider. Also, you can’t download content on Netflix or Hulu – you have to stream it in real time.

With respect to selection, Netflix streaming doesn’t have a lot of movies, but has a pretty good selection of television shows. If you want a more comprehensive selection, then you’ll need to subscribe to the DVD service – that is where the most recent movies and television series can be found.

The TV shows is what make netflix worth it. The movie selection streaming is abysmal. If you're trying it on your computer, try updating silverlight. I use it on my iPhone, iPad and apple tv and it works fine. Have had some issues on the computer and it generally was fixed with updating the software.

Yeah, the only way to download anything is through Amazon or iTunes as far as I know. Netflix especially is a rental thing, more or less. It's like the online version of RedBox.

I've had my Netflix service be hit and miss. It's always good on my computer, but when I stream it from my Blu Ray player it can occasionally freeze up for no discernible reason. I love the service, though. Can't imagine ever giving it up.

Yeah, the only way to download anything is through Amazon or iTunes as far as I know. Netflix especially is a rental thing, more or less. It's like the online version of RedBox.

I've had my Netflix service be hit and miss. It's always good on my computer, but when I stream it from my Blu Ray player it can occasionally freeze up for no discernible reason. I love the service, though. Can't imagine ever giving it up.

Using Netflix with my TiVo sucked - slow and awkward. Streaming it with my Roku is fantastic. With that said, I've pretty much run through all they have to offer.

Never had a problem streaming Netflix either.

Movie selection is sort of blah...but in a pinch I can usually find something (usually something I had avoided for a reason though).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom