New Dome Locker Room | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

We've had 3 ADs in a very short time. We build an indoor practice facility for football, lax. Upgraded a lot of stuff in the Manley complex to get it up to speed and have a great facility for men's and women's hoop. We upgraded a locker room that not one person here walked in but yet complained about like those househunting shows on cable TV.

Two of our last four football coaches were coordinators in over their heads. You want to find a problem look right there. And look at the guy who hired them.

Those other ACC stadiums aren't that sweet, most are pretty generic. It's all the other stuff where these guys train and eat. Heck VT didn't even have an indoor facility.

Aren't some of these pics of locker rooms also serve as their main locker room - meaning they only have one used for both practice & games while SU has two? Shouldn't we be comparing Manley pics with these other pics. I don't think people are making apples to apples comparisons with regards to Dome vs Manley locker rooms.

And I really don't want the kids watching TV on game day - I would vote no putting any TV in the Dome locker room - I want the kid's heads locked onto the game they are about to play!

This thread is going stupid. Hate all of the negativity and personally I think the upgrade serves the purpose it was intended for. Much better than what we had.

Was mentioned somewhere that the AD is running at an 8.5 million surplus. 8.5. Let that sink in.

Sorry, but in light of that number, what they have to show for facilities investment across the board is unacceptable. Add to that the lack of expense control at the University level as touched on earlier in this thread and running at a deficit for several years, it's shameful.

Not another dime from me. And I'll be cheering Dino and high fiving his staff out the door when they move on. This place is a joke. The losing and misery is deserved.
They just got Dino and crew private plane service. They have the most support staff in the ACC. They stole a guy like Dave Boller from UL for what I would imagine is a chunk of change. Dino is making more money then we have ever paid any coach before. They redid the locker room to an acceptable level, and you as a big fan are gonna pull your support and look forward to when Dino leaves? That stinks!

For all of the pics being posted about other team's locker rooms, do we know if these are from their stadiums or practice facilities?

Edit: My question was answered in posts I didn't see before asking the question.

Last edited:
Wasn't one of the issues the size of the locker room and that there's no room for expansion until the Dome refurbishment? You can't put in pool tables/lounge area/huge lockers if there isn't any room for it. If the space is that limited, I don't see how they could have done much more than they did.
That's what I thought too. It's hard to blow out walls in the basement of a contrete structure without changing the structure.

You missed one of the nicer areas...

BostonCollege2flickr.jpg
Yes this as an example. During our visit to bc coach addazio brought us here and told us how on game day they all stand around this area and give the pregame speeches. The same day we were there the players were changing for workouts in January. They only have 1 locker room.

Yes that is correct their whole facility is contained in the stadium
That makes it a completely different ball game. In our case, I would think our guys care much more about the Manley complex than the Dome. Does it seem that way to you?

That makes it a completely different ball game. In our case, I would think our guys care much more about the Manley complex than the Dome. Does it seem that way to you?
Yeah I mean shy mentioned the team hated the old dome lockers after the babers video came out and told me the other day the love the new locker room. Manely has always been a great space for them and is more reflective of the ones being shown here

Was mentioned somewhere that the AD is running at an 8.5 million surplus. 8.5. Let that sink in.

Sorry, but in light of that number, what they have to show for facilities investment across the board is unacceptable. Add to that the lack of expense control at the University level as touched on earlier in this thread and running at a deficit for several years, it's shameful.

Not another dime from me. And I'll be cheering Dino and high fiving his staff out the door when they move on. This place is a joke. The losing and misery is deserved.
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what?

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what?
I don't think this is a horrible upgrade. From what it was to now is a big improvement just doesn't have the wow factor. My issue is with the finishing. It just looks cheap. The carpet isn't the correct shades and lockers have no character but I'm assuming there is more to these that's not done at the time of the pics. I have to assume this is a stop gap till They figure out the dome and that's why this was done like it is.

We've had 3 ADs in a very short time. We build an indoor practice facility for football, lax. Upgraded a lot of stuff in the Manley complex to get it up to speed and have a great facility for men's and women's hoop. We upgraded a locker room that not one person here walked in but yet complained about like those househunting shows on cable TV.

Two of our last four football coaches were coordinators in over their heads. You want to find a problem look right there. And look at the guy who hired them.

Those other ACC stadiums aren't that sweet, most are pretty generic. It's all the other stuff where these guys train and eat. Heck VT didn't even have an indoor facility.

The complaining helped I'm CERTAIN to lead to these stop-gap/bandaid fixes. Fortunately the locker room WAS exposed on TV during the VT celebration a la a nitpicking situation on a househunting TV show or else nothing may have been done. Business as usual.

I know I have expressed wishes and concerns with my contributions. Maybe you think I need to be a John Schnatter level Louisville donor to have a right to complain as opposed to a commoner/plebian. I will continue to complain if I feel that upgrades and issues in house aren't being addressed properly, whatever they may be. These are baby steps progress. Yes I am thankful for them but to call out complainers in this 'get off my lawn' manner leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes we need to police the police on here. Don't expect a response. LGO.

Last edited:
The complaining helped I'm CERTAIN to lead to these stop-gap/bandaid fixes. Fortunately the locker room WAS exposed on TV during the VT celebration a la a nitpicking situation on a househunting TV show.

I know I have expressed wishes and concerns with my contributions. Maybe you think I need to be a John Schnatter level Louisville donor to have a right to complain as opposed to a commoner/plebian. I will continue to complain if I feel that upgrades and issues in house aren't being addressed properly, whatever they may be. These are baby steps progress. Yes I am thankful for them but to call out complainers in this 'get off my lawn' manner leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes we need to police the police on here. Don't expect a response. LGO.

You got one anyway. Great coaches, private jets, new facilities, fixed seating, more staff...if someone wants Alabama type money facilities they'll never be happy here.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5813-1396037491-4.gif

I agree with your comment but let's start here and see what happens. Wins bring $ and more goodies for the facilities.

Sorry, there's alot of people on here with the "win and it will come mentality. You can use it for attendance , but not a locker room as outdated for so many years. And i guess the dome, facility defense went away over night. This upgrade could have been done with America east $$$.

You can't use the surplus/revenues defense as to why this wasn't done bigger. You don't know what any money is earmarked for.

The surplus now could be bankrolling something else for the future. We've made significant upgrades across the board over the past 5 years. That has to be paid for. And it wasn't with the Big East $$. This is one piece of many. With much more coming. And that's just cosmetic. Let's not even discuss the increase to staff pay, which was horrendous in comparison to peers.

Furthermore, I've been in there. The physical restrictions in and of themselves are a big problem. You can only do so much in "x" amount of space.

I'm sorry the lockers aren't outlined in neon green lights with flat screens in each cubby. Boo hoo. The adjustment looks great. Kudos for doing SOMETHING.

It's easy to look at one thing under a microscope and be critical. There are people to answer to and budgets to meet that we know NOTHING about.

If I was a parent and the people complaining were my children... I would've ripped out the lockers and put 5 gallon pals down for seats.

Last edited:
You can'T use the surplus/revenues defense as to why this wasn't done bigger. You don't know what any money is earmarked for.

The surplus now could be bankrolling something else for the future. We've made significant upgrades across the board over the past 5 years. That has to be paid for. And it wasn't with the Big East $$. This is one piece of many. With much more coming. And that's just cosmetic. Let's not even discuss the increase to staff pay, which was horrendous in comparison to peers.

Furthermore, I've been in there. The physical restrictions in and of themselves are a big problem. You can only do so much in "x" amount of space.

I'm sorry the lockers aren't outlined in neon green lights with flat screens in each cubby. Boo hoo. The adjustment looks great. Kudos for doing SOMETHING.

It's easy to look at one thing under a microscope and be critical. There are people to answer to and budgets to meet that we know NOTHING about.

If I was a parent and the people complaining were my children... I would've ripped out the lockers and put 5 gallon pals down for seats.

It's amazing how quickly people either forget, or simply don't understand, that SU has to pay for everything themselves or through private donations. Most of the bigger schools' renovations are STATE-FUNDED.

Such a massive difference.

Mid 2000's - Field Turf/New Weight Room
Late 2000's - Ribbon Boards/Jumbotrons
Early 2010's - IPF/Manley Upgrades
Mid 2010's - Locker Room/Dome reno planning

I'm not sure the excessive whining over upgrades is valid. The fact is we were SO far behind that it's taken over a decade to complete the projects they've already done and they've done a significant amount.

Mid 2000's - Field Turf/New Weight Room
Late 2000's - Ribbon Boards/Jumbotrons
Early 2010's - IPF/Manley Upgrades
Mid 2010's - Locker Room/Dome reno planning

I'm not sure the excessive whining over upgrades is valid. The fact is we were SO far behind that it's taken over a decade to complete the projects they've already done and they've done a significant amount.

Ribbon Boards and Jumbotrons were like 2013 IIRC. Agree 100% otherwise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom