NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 260 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

that's right the Coughlin red face game Farve was still the GB QB

When I hear of the Coughlin red-faced game I think of the game where Desean Jackson ran the punt back at the Swamp to cap a big comeback. After Jackson crossed the goal line Coughlin ran on to the field raging at his punter for not kicking it OB.

Some of these takes from Pages 47-50 are embarrassing.

I mean, I would avoid this thread too, if I was some of the posters on those pages.
I was wrong on Josh Allen.
If a person can’t admit when they are wrong how can they continue.
It was an opinion.
Bills are a machine I didn’t see.
Allen developed a lot this year.

Not the last time I will be wrong.

Yep, but they are all in on this offense.

He didn’t have a great night last night by any means but I still think he’s their guy. They need to prioritize getting him a true number 1 receiver though (I don’t think Brown has been able to fill that) or else teams in the playoffs will crash the box and you’re right that offense isn’t going to get it done. Maybe Robinson if he leaves Chicago and hope he can help Lamar like Diggs has helped Allen progress in that area? Getting Stanley and Boyle back from injury up front will help a lot too I think.

Lamar is still really young so plenty of upside left for him to tap into IMO.

When I hear of the Coughlin red-faced game I think of the game where Desean Jackson ran the punt back at the Swamp to cap a big comeback. After Jackson crossed the goal line Coughlin ran on to the field raging at his punter for not kicking it OB.
Coughlin is an all time great in unintentional comedy. Miss that old coot on the sidelines.

I have to admit I didn't see the Allen thing coming either. For those that did it always felt like a wimpy hedge to like the QB but say they have an 10-11 win ceiling when everyone knew the rest of the roster was championship caliber. Like c'mon Prisco if ever there was a year to make a bold prediction this what it. I felt similarly about the Marrone teams before it became clear Tyrod was limited.

It was an opinion.

Yeah, there aren't any future GM's posting in this thread, especially on qb's. Although it would be fun to see what everyone's percentages are on a pass/fail basis going back to around the Tim Couch, Akili Smith, DNabb era.

Yeah, there aren't any future GM's posting in this thread, especially on qb's. Although it would be fun to see what everyone's percentages are on a pass/fail basis going back to around the Tim Couch, Akili Smith, DNabb era.
Obv actual GMs suck at it just the same. Last night's QBs would be the first two taken in an '18 re-draft instead of 3rd & 5th.

Like I said at the time - a bunch of scared Patsies fans with a side of delusional fish fans...

Oh and a pokes fan who still wasn’t over Josh Allen ruining his Thanksgiving dinner.

Recipe for hilarity.

“Josh Allen is a one read QB” - Internet Man

Lol!

For the record, it was John Brown's TD pass to Devin Singletary that ruined my Thanksgiving.

We all make mistakes - even you and samspann1...

1610905356747.png

Congratulations, Bills fans (even you, Tuffy).

I hope you win next week and win the SB.

To.be fair I can point some recent QBs I was right on. I was down on Marcus Mariota a lot leading up to that draft.
Allen really wasn’t great before this year but his physical tools were there when he got drafted and Daboil and McDermott along with the kid deserve a lot of credit.

I don’t see the same physical tools from Tua.
Tua had easy windows to throw into in college.

Mariota was some of the most bizarre group-think I've ever witnessed. The love from the media was so unanimous without a lot of results for so long and then after the Bills game last year everyone suddenly and simultaneously decided that he sucked. Maybe because he's a good guy? I could see the same happening with Darnold next year.

To.be fair I can point some recent QBs I was right on. I was down on Marcus Mariota a lot leading up to that draft.
Allen really wasn’t great before this year but his physical tools were there when he got drafted and Daboil and McDermott along with the kid deserve a lot of credit.

I don’t see the same physical tools from Tua.
Tua had easy windows to throw into in college.
Yeah, I'm basically in agreement. The draft isn't something that even real GM's get right more than 60% of the time and even less with qb's. I remember getting into an argument years back with one of my friends on drafting, etc. He was saying how genius Belichick was. So, I took Patriots, Broncos and picked 6 other teams at random, went back to I think the late 80's even before the then at the time GM's, coaches etc. and looked at every draft pick. It basically was 50/50 with qb's and not far above that with every other position. So yeah, it's extremely hard to get it right, and is why I always am skeptical about the draft.

I liked Allen, as the Broncos were up in WY constantly and kept comparing him to the physical traits of Elway, but I didn't think he would improve his accuracy, so I wasn't sold. That said I wanted to take a qb instead of Chubb. Big time credit to him and who worked with him. I thought Tua was going to be legit. Doesn't look good for my take on that, oh well, couldn't care less. We'll continue to all be 60/40 or worse on that front imo. Just fun to debate.

It was an opinion.

You didn't believe in Allen, which is fine. But it's the hot take nonsense (e.g. Allen will never be an accurate NFL quarterback...historically, QBs don't improve their accuracy) that is just dumb. I mean, he improved his completion % pretty significantly from '18 (when he may have had one of the worst receiving corps I've seen in the NFL) to '19. There was no reason to believe that he couldn't make another jump in '20. I'm not that many of the people who commented on Allen this summer watched him play much in '19.

This is just a sampling from 2 of those pages:

"We’re making the playoffs with Stidham or Cam under center. The Josh Allen led Bills aren’t winning the AFC East this season. No chance."

"Patsies are not only winning the AFC East, they will get a playoff bye."

"yes, that was a 2 person draft, Baker and Barkley." (re the 2018 draft)

"Cam is going to win a bunch of games for the pats next year, it will take some idiotic franchise to trade their #1 to the pats for them to get Lawrence.

someone will..."

"The only thing Bills fans love more than breaking tables and having unreasonable expectations is crying about the Patriots"

"...its their (the Bills) own inability to talent evaluate and when their ridiculous take is being played out as a complete and utter failure, they attack to make themselves feel better." I don't know...the roster looks pretty deep and balanced to me. Many astute FA signings and solid draft picks.

You didn't believe in Allen, which is fine. But it's the hot take nonsense (e.g. Allen will never be an accurate NFL quarterback...historically, QBs don't improve their accuracy) that is just dumb. I mean, he improved his completion % pretty significantly from '18 (when he may have had one of the worst receiving corps I've seen in the NFL) to '19. There was no reason to believe that he couldn't make another jump in '20. I'm not that many of the people who commented on Allen this summer watched him play much in '19.

This is just a sampling from 2 of those pages:

"We’re making the playoffs with Stidham or Cam under center. The Josh Allen led Bills aren’t winning the AFC East this season. No chance."

"Patsies are not only winning the AFC East, they will get a playoff bye."

"yes, that was a 2 person draft, Baker and Barkley." (re the 2018 draft)

"Cam is going to win a bunch of games for the pats next year, it will take some idiotic franchise to trade their #1 to the pats for them to get Lawrence.

someone will..."

"The only thing Bills fans love more than breaking tables and having unreasonable expectations is crying about the Patriots"

"...its their (the Bills) own inability to talent evaluate and when their ridiculous take is being played out as a complete and utter failure, they attack to make themselves feel better." I don't know...the roster looks pretty deep and balanced to me. Many astute FA signings and solid draft picks.
To be fair I was down on the Patriots. I was a realist and saw the team was an 8-8 type of team. I knew the talent.

I trusted watching Allen. He really improved this year in accuracy to his credit.

To be fair I was down on the Patriots. I was a realist and saw the team was an 8-8 type of team. I knew the talent.

I trusted watching Allen. He really improved this year in accuracy to his credit.
Yes, you were not at all high on the Pats - your take on them was reasoned and well-thought out. You’re generally not a “hot taker”

Watson to Miami unless an NFC pays a real offerZ
Not sure of cap space, but I think Washington, SF, Minnesota (if they can find a taker for Cousins) or Chicago would make a lot of sense

I think the Chiefs are going to lay the wood today and cover comfortably.

Jet sweeps down in or near the RZ rarely work but these OCs keep calling them anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom