NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 314 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned, but for anyone dealing with the cable company - CBS issues, scoop up a $20 pair of HD rabbit ears. It’s saved me for nfl since we cut the cord

Last edited:
Right

And he was likely drinking at the stadium, as the accident happened near it.

Which if he was, leaves a lot of legal exposure to the Chiefs organization

How fast do you have to be going to plow into two parked cars so hard such that you might end up killing a rear seat passenger ?

I mean did he even slow down ?

How fast do you have to be going to plow into two parked cars so hard such that you might end up killing a rear seat passenger ?

I mean did he even slow down ?
Depends if he had them buckled or not.

Which is further negligence

If they were, you'd have to be going quite quick, and I'm guessing last minute he saw the car and served enough to not impact him and the front of the car, but to hit the side passenger rear which would take the brunt of the impact and thus disperse the force side to side within the rear causing not front to back trauma, but smashing a head off the door or window trauma.

The Chiefs have a lot of outside distractions they will have to overcome to win this SB. Not saying they are going to lose, but the teams who usually have this many issues the week of the game end up losing.

Albert Breer, Michael Silver, Diana Russini, Adam Schefter, SportsCenter are really talking about this story accurately and aren’t carrying water okay.

Yeah the Chiefs aren’t saying Britt Reid’s coaching status for the SB.

This incident is being treated with kids gloves.

Replace Britt Reid with Steve Belichick and Andy Reid with Bill Belichick. I can’t imagine how bad the press would be. Heck any coach the media didn’t like.

This incident should put major scrutiny on Andy Reid.

It’s one of the worst stories of the season. The coach was drinking and then drove a car with children in danger.

But prayers for everyone involved

Albert Breer, Michael Silver, Diana Russini, Adam Schefter, SportsCenter are really talking about this story accurately and aren’t carrying water okay.

Replace Britt Reid with Steve Belichick and Andy Reid with Bill Belichick. I can’t imagine how bad the press would be. Heck any coach the media didn’t like.

It’s one of the worst stories of the season. The coach was drinking and then drove a car with children in danger.

Think the patriots are irrelevant to this story. And if its about Andy then I guess maybe there are benefits to being a nice guy instead of a to everyone. If I acted like an ahole to everyone at all times then I suspect that people may not like it after a while.

I think most head coaches in similar situations would not coach this weekend.

Reid...is not one of them. He's always struck me as a "football first" guy.

Not sure what this has to do with the Patriots, but agree that Andy Reid and the organization should be heavily scrutinized.

This may sound harsh, but IDGAF about Britt Reid's well being. Prayers for his victims and their families, though

Not sure what this has to do with the Patriots, but agree that Andy Reid and the organization should be heavily scrutinized.

This may sound harsh, but IDGAF about Britt Reid's well being. Prayers for his victims and their families, though
I just picked an example of a son and HC father.

I agree with what you said after that.
Andy Reid should be scrutinized.
Where is the announcement Britt isn’t coaching tomorrow?

Britt Reid pointed a gun at someone during a road rage incident, years ago?

No consequences for past actions in the Chiefs organization, I guess.

Maybe I misheard, but I thought that it was announced that Britt Reid wasn't going to travel with the team or coach tomorrow. Again, I could have misheard

You are correct. He’s still in the hospital and not traveling to the game

You’re the coaches son and on the staff because of that...maybe NOT be a distraction a few days before the friggin Super Bowl?

Idiot.
Britt Reid has a pretty checkered past (pointing a gun during road rage incident, DUI, etc.). As Alsacs said, at what point is Andy Reid put under the spotlight? How about the Chiefs organization?

A29FB1CE-4DC8-4C6F-B85C-1AF37ABD5C91.jpeg

What the bleep is this headline.
It leaves out a LOT but nope the media is covering this story without carrying water.

Attachments

• 1A8DC5AF-06A4-4076-AD8C-0A232B9BB54D.png
    1A8DC5AF-06A4-4076-AD8C-0A232B9BB54D.png
    864.9 KB · Views: 82
When it comes to trading for Wentz look out for the Raiders.
I kinda get it, but unless they can actually get multiple firsts for Carr, I don’t think I’d bother if I were in their shoes. If after trading Carr and trading for Wentz, it all nets out to essentially trading Carr for Wentz and a 1st, I could see the argument in favor of that.

Trying to figure out how this works. If they realize any actual cap savings overall and he retires, there are going to be some MAJOR problems.
Idk if the details are out yet but I imagine it’s a restructure of his contract to essentially push the $24 mil into future years. Players do this all the time where they push money into future years but get a portion of it guaranteed so it ends up being a win-win for both parties. No idea if Brees required some of it become guaranteed in this case but from his perspective, he’s retiring anyways so he was never going to see that $24 million so there’s no harm in helping his team on his way out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom